1:1 Iron man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the perfect piece tonight. Paint was tight, save for the inner parts, which were a tad bit rough but nothing bad..it is amazing.... love it in person.

Unforunately the base of mine had a chip on the bottom corner, so it will have to go back for replacement. Luckily the guy I deal with doesn't want my money until a mint piece is in my hand. He rules! Now here's hoping for a great 2nd piece!

Wow, I want a seller like THAT!!!!! :eek:

:lol < LOL!!!!!!

Laugh away. I didn't pay, and I am getting a replacement. No loss for me here. :D

If I had paid, then yeah it would suck, but eventually I would get a replacement. And this piece is worth 700... it's twice the size of the Arnie T-800 bust and that bust went for 550. Paint job on the IM is slick!

i think this bust looks great from a distance but one thing that is annoying me is the overall 'smoothness' of the finish. I've heard it called 'waves' in this thread. Which to me makes the bust look more like it's been cast (which it has) rather than made from metal. SS did the terminator bust perfectly in terms of the metal appearance. It's a shame they didn't apply the same technique to the iron man so it would be smoother rather than that wavey/lumpy effect which is particulaly noticable in the shoulder area... anyone else share this view???

Wow, I want a seller like THAT!!!!! :eek:

He's a great guy. SS direct may lose me for good now because of him. Screw exclusives.. rather save money, support a local retailer, and go with a guy who goes the extra mile. He actually drove the piece to my door. Guy is phenomenal! And he does get the odd exclusive.

i think this bust looks great from a distance but one thing that is annoying me is the overall 'smoothness' of the finish. I've heard it called 'waves' in this thread. Which to me makes the bust look more like it's been cast (which it has) rather than made from metal. SS did the terminator bust perfectly in terms of the metal appearance. It's a shame they didn't apply the same technique to the iron man so it would be smoother rather than that wavey/lumpy effect which is particulaly noticable in the shoulder area... anyone else share this view???

The finish of the bust I saw in person looked damn good... saw no waves you speak of. If only the bust's base was made of metal vs. plastic... and it is so hollow. Not cool.

The finish of the bust I saw in person looked damn good... saw no waves you speak of. If only the bust's base was made of metal vs. plastic... and it is so hollow. Not cool.

check out any of the pics on here - the waves (probably a poor choice of words - more like an uneven finish) is quite evident. Yeah and i agree about the base. Although it does look like metal and to be fair who's going to pick it up or knock on it (except maybe the owner). But if it's awe value you're after this piece has it! When i compare it to my rogue comiquette which was about 1/4 of the price i'd say the iron man is easily more than 4 times more impressive!

check out any of the pics on here - the waves (probably a poor choice of words - more like an uneven finish) is quite evident. Yeah and i agree about the base. Although it does look like metal and to be fair who's going to pick it up or knock on it (except maybe the owner). But if it's awe value you're after this piece has it! When i compare it to my rogue comiquette which was about 1/4 of the price i'd say the iron man is easily more than 4 times more impressive!

Sorry, very late and tired... do you have one? Or are getting one?

hew, why don't u tell me what nationality (i assume you're american) or race u are, so i can offend u and then see if u give a flying squirrel's nut.

i don't mean to be picking any fights but when people make uncalled for statements, it's really not cool.

I'm sorry. I can't disclose what race I am. That information is confidential.

What I was originally pointing out if you go back and read my post before the one you quote is this:

You got offended when someone was joking about the paint apps from the factory, saying something about the Chinese. You then take offense to this because you say your Asian--Asian, not Chinese (I read you intro post on the board, I think your not if I remember).

You played the race card on a nationality thing, which was--i'm guessing, but I can't speak for Bodie--half joking. As for my post, it wasn't serious at all, as I don't really bring in flying squirrels or nuts into conversation or discussion I'm serious about. Next time I'll put one of these :monkey3:D:rolleyes: so you know.

As for uncalled statements in general, most of them are in jest, so don't be up in arms.

That's all I'm saying on the subject, as I don't want to derail the thread.

What a great bust--I own one, and getting a replacement *crosses fingers that it's in better shape.*

Last edited:
Iron man bust finally came, there are a few minor imperfections but nothing
I cant live with. Overall I love it.
t9witj.jpg
wb5p4j.jpg

33z5ti0.jpg
2livuqf.jpg

2sbpboo.jpg
15ygnk6.jpg

The bust does have that uneven paint look but the camera makes it look a lot worse
than what it is. In person it looks fine.

Glad that you're happy with it. It is great to see in person, isn't it?

Last edited:
be sure to wash your hands after handling it and don't eat off of it... lead paint is a killer.

Iron man bust finally came, there are a few minor imperfections but nothing
I cant live with. Overall I love it.
t9witj.jpg
wb5p4j.jpg

33z5ti0.jpg
2livuqf.jpg

2sbpboo.jpg
15ygnk6.jpg

The bust does have that uneven paint look but the camera makes it look a lot worse
than what it is. In person it looks fine.

CONGRATS!! it looks Fantastic.
enjoy it man.

Here's hoping my new bust makes it to me in primo condition. If it weren't for that damn corner of the base, I would have had pretty much the perfect piece, save for the fact they didn't do a good job of getting into the tight areas.

Hey Solid, do you have any rough paint application between the neck and chest, trap armor plates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back