【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

I don't have the first Doctor Strange, and I preordered this one.
Here in Europe, and since I peordered this year, I have to wait till August. :gah:

I am looking forward to it, and I also took a risk while waiting, I got the original Hot Toys head from the previous release.
Could not decide which head was better so I decided to make a decision with both in hand.

All these photos make the wait more fun, please keep them coming!

Is that a version 1 Doctor Strange with V2 cape?

Looks great btw.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exactly. Well spotted. V2 cape for me is an improvement and for this specific scene I prefer the look of him with the V1 head.

Exactly. Well spotted. V2 cape for me is an improvement and for this specific scene I prefer the look of him with the V1 head.
Nice! How did you get the cape to sit nicely? Did you put your own magnets in the tunic?

it’s a knockoff head, right? I got one on ebay, but I got rid of it. It’s way clearly inferior compared to the Hot Toys one.

No pics at the moment, but I must say I like the cloak a lot better on the 1st version. I do like the clearer asymmetry of the 2nd version, but the collar is frustrating to get looking right and the general "floofiness" of it is difficult.:gah:

Still a very nice figure, but I think maybe the cloak is a bit of a fumble.

Nice! How did you get the cape to sit nicely? Did you put your own magnets in the tunic?

I am using the magnets that come with both the V1 tunic and the V2 cape. Both of them attach correctly. I watched on a youtube video that they couldn't be match together, but it isn't true. Honestly, after watching that video, I thought I would need to fix it in order to work, but it is not neccessary.

it’s a knockoff head, right? I got one on ebay, but I got rid of it. It’s way clearly inferior compared to the Hot Toys one.

It is a matter of taste, as I always say with anything related to HS. I got this head for a very cheap price and I thought I would be ripped off. It is of a really great quality and the paint apps are correct. I am truly happy with it and I like it (again, for my taste) better than the original V1 release. I know there are two KO heads being sold, one being of a lower quality (I've seen pictures of it). No complaints with mine and I like it a lot.

People here are quite divided in deciding which cape is the best looking. If you want more dynamic poses, then the V1 with a stronger wire (V2 has no wire on both extremes, only at the bottom of the cape). If you want a more asymetrical looking one, with a kind of natural look, I think V2 is the one to go. I had also lots of problems posing the collar the first time, it needs some futzing first. But with some patient, you can make it look nice.

Wow, had a nice little surprise today. Came home to find the good Doctor waiting for me in my lobby...literally had no idea he was gonna show up today cause I never received shipping notification.

So it was a pleasant surprise for sure, although I hope it's not one I encounter again in the future since I like to track my HT in real time. I don't like the idea of my package sitting in the lobby for an extended period of time...I'm super paranoid about high-priced packages sitting in the lobby since it could legit be stolen if someone in the building felt like swiping packages.

But anyways, the Doctor is here...again (I own 1.0 also)! I'll probably get around to unboxing him tomorrow though. :clap

Got mine yesterday and spent a long time futzing the cape and necklace. Then came time to put him on the stand and that big pole made him cape stick up in the back all weird. I remedied that by bending the top portion of the pole inward towards his back as far as it could go. Looks much better now and man is this guy cool with all his mystic energies to pose with. I went with the big energy discs in each hand. I also plan to pose him some time with the sword and mystic rope.

Got mine yesterday and spent a long time futzing the cap and necklace. Then came time to put him on the stand and that big pole made him cap stick up in the back all weird. I remedied that by bending the top portion of the pole inward towards his back as far as it could go. Looks much better now and man is this guy cool with all his mystic energies to pose with. I went with the big energy discs in each hand. I also plan to pose him some time with the sword and mystic rope.

I had an issue with the pole and cape as well. My solution was to get him in a post that had his arm out to the side, and then position the stand in a way that matches the profile created by the arm. So the cape still does drape over the stand, but it looks like it's just hanging off his arm. Hope my description makes sense.

Well i didn't really want to pose him floating. Wish they would include 2 different pole lengths. A long one and a shorter one for standing poses.

Got mine yesterday and spent a long time futzing the cap and necklace. Then came time to put him on the stand and that big pole made him cap stick up in the back all weird. I remedied that by bending the top portion of the pole inward towards his back as far as it could go. Looks much better now and man is this guy cool with all his mystic energies to pose with. I went with the big energy discs in each hand. I also plan to pose him some time with the sword and mystic rope.

Ugh I'm looking forward to mine arriving on Tuesday but not looking forward to how tedious these figures can be...

So this one or the first one? I have V1 but thinking of selling it and grabbing this one since he was so much cooler in IW ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this one or the first one? I have V1 but thinking of selling it and grabbing this one since he was so much cooler in IW ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's really which one you like more. I did what you are thinking. Just the amount of accessories swayed me.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I wanted to get the first one but never got around to it, so when this one went up I just went for it. I like the hair a bit better on this one, and I loved the character's role in IW. I became more excited about the character after that, so this one made sense.

I'll have mine by the end of the week.

I wanted to get the first one but never got around to it, so when this one went up I just went for it. I like the hair a bit better on this one, and I loved the character's role in IW. I became more excited about the character after that, so this one made sense.

I'll have mine by the end of the week.

Besides the almost certainty that Dr. Strange will be a prominent hero in the future MCU we can't forget that
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm relatively sure that the next time we see him, he will have a costume change. It's probable that the Cloak of Levitation will stick around but in order to sell more merchandise (never forget what Yogurt said in Spaceballs) Marvel/Disney will either slightly tweak his outfit or downright completely change it. Looking through the Art of Doctor Strange book, there were many iterations of the design (some completely outlandish and some very interesting) and they might change things up to give him a more "cosmic" look in the future.

All I'm saying is that this version and the OG version will be akin to TFA or GA Cap.

59350721_2431523376878456_7557351529791881216_n.jpg

Finished the upper arm's forearm wraps. 4 more to go!!

Besides the almost certainty that Dr. Strange will be a prominent hero in the future MCU we can't forget that
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm relatively sure that the next time we see him, he will have a costume change. It's probable that the Cloak of Levitation will stick around but in order to sell more merchandise (never forget what Yogurt said in Spaceballs) Marvel/Disney will either slightly tweak his outfit or downright completely change it. Looking through the Art of Doctor Strange book, there were many iterations of the design (some completely outlandish and some very interesting) and they might change things up to give him a more "cosmic" look in the future.

All I'm saying is that this version and the OG version will be akin to TFA or GA Cap.

We must not forget that in Doctor Strange's post credit scene and Ragnarok, he was wearing a different outfit which we all supposed he would be wearing in Infinity War, but they went for his first appearance look. It might be that Dr Strange is eligible to be one of those characters who could be changing his costume back and forth depending on the occasion, meaning that this look may have more screen presence in the future.

Did Sideshow start sending out the second batch?

Back