【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

The price is not bad, but painting that would be awful. Those forearm bands will not look anywhere as good as the cloth. And painting it detailed to even look close to the figure would take so much time.

The price is not bad, but painting that would be awful. Those forearm bands will not look anywhere as good as the cloth. And painting it detailed to even look close to the figure would take so much time.

Sorry but the only way I can respond to this comment is that it depends on skill and experience (which are not mutually exclusive concerning painting “statues”). If I were interested in having this painted to match, there are 4 people in my contacts that I would ABSOLUTELY trust to paint it to 90+%. It can get expensive and you might end up having to wait for a few months but about $150-$250 later, I’d know it would look great. The reason that I know these things is that I also collect statues (licensed and customs) and know a few people involved in prototypes at different levels. I have bought custom switch out pieces where 1 person sculpted, casted and painted 50-100 of a specific part (heads, arms, etc) and those pieces match the “mass produced” statue’s design and paint like it was an original part. Besides them, there are painters that work for the big names and also do commission work and painters who mostly do commission work but can also do some sculpting.

Again, sorry for the rant but I know that something like this is absolutely not impossible and within the next few months, I can almost guarantee there will be some pictures posted that will prove how cool this will look.

While I agree a pro painter could do a good job on this I still think it would look far better with real material arm bands and sleeves. And that is pretty difficult to achieve. I guess on the plus side it would only mean getting the hands right as far as painting goes.

But if material was the way, ideally the sculpt would need to be just bare arms to leave room for sleeves etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's good in theory but hard to paint to look like the 'real' arms. I would be all over a 1/4 or 1/3 scale statue like that because that would be awesome

I really like the First DOC, got the second one coming...kinda hoping they make an exclusive with the Ragnarock outfit...it was different and had the gloves!

I really like the First DOC, got the second one coming...kinda hoping they make an exclusive with the Ragnarock outfit...it was different and had the gloves!
I feel like you’d have three near identical figures...

I think you should buy 8 figures, rip off all their arms and build your own, accurate and real-cloth lotus Strange. That's the only way to do it right. It would be worth the investment.

OCD powers, activate!

I think you should buy 8 figures, rip off all their arms and build your own, accurate and real-cloth lotus Strange. That's the only way to do it right. It would be worth the investment.

OCD powers, activate!

:rotfl

The crazy thing is I'm sure someone might just do it...

^ Exactly what i was thinking. Them crazy ocd collectors be all over this. :lol

As someone who suffers from OCD, can you stop making light of it guys. Google it and see how mistaken you are on your incorrect offensive use of the term.

There are no safe spaces on the internet to just have fun anymore.... :(

As someone who suffers from OCD, can you stop making light of it guys. Google it and see how mistaken you are on your incorrect offensive use of the term.

EnviousHeartfeltKiwi-max-1mb.gif

OCD powers, activate!

*Cough* well, I am working out a 'bash of IW Cap 'coz decided I needed him BUT the *&^% uniform needs to be CLOTH like the movie and not some textured plastic but then there was a real problem of the scale mail and spent quite a lot of time looking at everything from textured silicon repair tape to candy molds looking for the right material texture and then there will be the problem of getting the COLOR of the STAINS perfect...:lol:panic:

So ripping arms off figures - if u really want an effect - sounds reasonable to me. It's one of the coolest shots in the movie IMO. If someone can construct the entire interior of Tony Starks apt. in 1/6 or do a Lego diorama https://imgur.com/gallery/TUfDR
ripping arms off a fig is small stuff.:cool:

Probably like June

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TW is usually right behind SSC

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Sorry but the only way I can respond to this comment is that it depends on skill and experience (which are not mutually exclusive concerning painting “statues”). If I were interested in having this painted to match, there are 4 people in my contacts that I would ABSOLUTELY trust to paint it to 90+%. It can get expensive and you might end up having to wait for a few months but about $150-$250 later, I’d know it would look great. The reason that I know these things is that I also collect statues (licensed and customs) and know a few people involved in prototypes at different levels. I have bought custom switch out pieces where 1 person sculpted, casted and painted 50-100 of a specific part (heads, arms, etc) and those pieces match the “mass produced” statue’s design and paint like it was an original part. Besides them, there are painters that work for the big names and also do commission work and painters who mostly do commission work but can also do some sculpting.

Again, sorry for the rant but I know that something like this is absolutely not impossible and within the next few months, I can almost guarantee there will be some pictures posted that will prove how cool this will look.

Being a customizer painter and sculptor, I could easily paint those arms. But still, 68$ for just those arms is just too much IMO. I am approaching this specific scene in a much different way. I'll give my thoughts just in case someone wants to try!!

I bought the fabric of the same exact color of the inner tunic, to recreate the 14 extra sleves I need for the pose. With some wire and paper foil (and some tape) I will create the arms to be wrapped by the sleves. Also the wrist covers must be recreated, but with some imagination I will achieve such an effect. The hands might seem tricky, but they are not, actually. Casting the hands DS comes with is kind of easy. Painting them needs a bit of patient, but making it in a ordered manner, you can have them fully painted in a couple of hours (using a hair dryer to skip the drying time between coats). And then, I will just attach them with magnets to have the same effect.

The overall cost is cheaper than that of using some comission work to do it. Obviously, you need some skills, but I don't think of it as being as difficult as not being able to be done.

Surely someone else tries to do it too!! Buying 8 DS as Wor-Gar suggested is another choice, of course :rotfl

Back