ZKULPTOR/Rainman project [BTTF Marty Mcfly]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Indiana Fett! I know how much you've been looking forward to this! :hi5:

Congrats IF! I'm so friggin' anxious to get my sculpt back and gaze upon my completed Marty :panic:

It's a waiting game for most of us here, but I know my particular piece is in the best of hands.... :D

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Hope your stuff shows up.:(

thanks for the concern guys :)

So what was inside the package he sent you then?

it was a full VIP set. the full story is as follows. i ordered a full VIP set and later cancelled (won't bore you with the reasons again). i didn't want to miss out completely so bought a clothing set when it popped up later. rainman wasn't able to issue me with a refund for several weeks, so in the end i offered him the option of just keeping the money for now, and either refunding it later or letting me use it towards future purchases (want to clarify that i'll still have to wait in line, but IF i snag something i can use this credit towards it). rainman said cool.

then rainman told me he accidentally shipped me a full set by mistake (which i said i'd send straight back), but that the clothing set was inside as well. when i received the box, the clothing set wasn't there. i pm'ed rainman and i think he was confused and maybe a little pissed :lol he has no idea where the clothing set is. and he doesn't have anymore.

he offered me the option to strip the clothes off the body and send back everything else. at first i refused to do that as it just wasn't right breaking down one of his full set figures, which he then clearly couldn't resell and so would lose out on $400 or so. i said i'd just send the whole figure back, and really didn't mind missing out this time. he insisted. so that's what we did. it was very cool of rainman to give me that option. i'm very grateful. he's even kindly agreed to pay for the customs and return shipping fees (which were bloody substantial). it's a minor shame i won't have a numbered clothing set, or the presentation box, but i can live with that. i also accidentally sent back the pin badge - again no biggie :)

If someone did get a 2nd set, hopefully they will do the right thing and send it back to Rainman.

this is the reason for my original question too, kara. i doubt any of us would stoop that low, but asked to check.

IMO he owes you the set regardless if he sent it to someone else or over sold... he's gotta honor it and make you one.

thanks ray. i think rainman did the right thing in this case. i'm grateful to him, especially as i'm at fault here too.

you might well laugh, but mine has basically gone missing. rainman doesn't know if he sent it somewhere else by mistake or sold an extra one :dunno

Sorry bro, didnt want to annoy you. But lets be honest, who wouldnt be tempted to keep it. I am honest enough to say, I would be tempted but am quite sure Id send it back in the end, but hell it would be a tough challenge.:lol

Hopefully this set will be found sooner or later. Pretty sure its nothing major. :duff

he offered me the option to strip the clothes off the body and send back everything else. at first i refused to do that as it just wasn't right breaking down one of his full set figures, which he then clearly couldn't resell and so would lose out on $400 or so. i said i'd just send the whole figure back, and really didn't mind missing out this time. he insisted. so that's what we did. it was very cool of rainman to give me that option. i'm very grateful. he's even kindly agreed to pay for the customs and return shipping fees (which were bloody substantial).

Wow! Talk about great customer service! I can tell there is a lot of love v. business with Rainman, I am glad he shares his talent and first class customer service with this hobby.

Very sorry to hear this eighthsamurai, and I pray that you get your set very soon, amazing customer service by Rainman no doubt.

Such a terrible thing to happen. :(

Ski

Sorry bro, didnt want to annoy you. But lets be honest, who wouldnt be tempted to keep it. I am honest enough to say, I would be tempted but am quite sure Id send it back in the end, but hell it would be a tough challenge.:lol

Hopefully this set will be found sooner or later. Pretty sure its nothing major. :duff

:) don't worry king, i wasn't annoyed at all. i'd be tempted too, and sometimes i wonder if i could send back a 2nd figure even a big company sent me by mistake. i think i would. with rainman, you know it's pretty much one guy losing out. but even with big companies, someone's losing out for you to gain. and karma's always waiting around the corner.

Wow! Talk about great customer service! I can tell there is a lot of love v. business with Rainman, I am glad he shares his talent and first class customer service with this hobby.

i agree. i'm extra grateful he's even agreed to return the shipping costs and customs charge.

Very sorry to hear this eighthsamurai, and I pray that you get your set very soon, amazing customer service by Rainman no doubt.

Ski

thanks ski - in the great scheme of things though, it's not so bad. just a minor plastic mishap and all cool now. if i thought my full set had gone missing though like mag's had for a little while, then i'd be going nuts.

also ski... i have been going through your photos of marty... i see a blob of red in the background on one of them that looks suspiciously like a possible second marty vest :naughty ... or a dead body, in which case nevermind.

Ski

Awesome news Eighth!!! :rock

I can definitely attest to Rainmans customer service! It is second to none.

Over the many purchases I made with him if there was any minor flaw or problem he addressed them right away and sent out replacements super fast! Definitely a top notch guy! :rock

also ski... i have been going through your photos of marty... i see a blob of red in the background on one of them that looks suspiciously like a possible second marty vest :naughty ... or a dead body, in which case nevermind.

HMMmmmm....

funny-gifs-the-cat-is-planning-something-evil.gif

Ski

oh also... as compensation, rainman has said i can pick the next 3 projects he does....

so here we go gentlemen... rainman's next 3 projects!!!!

theJo1681952.jpg

momma.gif

bossnass_relationship.png

I would like to think that all of us here have enough respect for Rainman to send it back... if it was Hot Toys i;d almost certainly keep it lol! but these hard working talented customizers who do this for us and make a living by it would and should just make anyone feel too guilty...

plus us Rainman customers are sort of like a fraternity... can;t screw over anotha brotha!!

Also im sure in the end Rianman will do right by you... my experience with him he is a stand up class act when it comes to stuff like this.

HMMmmmm....

funny-gifs-the-cat-is-planning-something-evil.gif

Ski

:lol that cat is definitely ski'ed up... instead of running away in the face of guilt... ATTACK!!!!

I would like to think that all of us here have enough respect for Rainman to send it back... if it was Hot Toys i;d almost certainly keep it lol! but these hard working talented customizers who do this for us and make a living by it would and should just make anyone feel too guilty...

plus us Rainman customers are sort of like a fraternity... can;t screw over anotha brotha!!

Also im sure in the end Rianman will do right by you... my experience with him he is a stand up class act when it comes to stuff like this.

i agree. i really don't think any of us would do that. i think it's probably a simple accounting mistake somewhere. anyway, i'm pretty happy with the solution rainman offered. under the circumstances, i don't think he could have done any more for me :)

Instead of reading through 66 pages of posts, I'm just going to ask are these still available and how can I get? I've already talked with Erick, so the headsculpt part is worked out, just need to find out about the body and costume. Thanks.

Back