Your OT line-up, rank 'em

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you know I only collect OT Imperials, so here they are:

SSC Probe Droid
HT Stormtrooper & Spacetrooper
HT Sandtrooper
SSC Speederbike
SSC Snowtrooper
SSC TIE Pilot
Marmit Stormtrooper & Sandtrooper
Marmit AT-AT Driver
Marmit TIE Pilot
SSC Emperor
SSC Scout
SSC Praji & Piett
Medi Stormtrooper
Medi Sandtrooper
Medi TIE Pilot
Medi Royal Guard
Medi Vader ROTJ
Medi Vader ROTS
SSC Stormtrooper
SSC Sandtroopers

I'll bite.

1. Tama 3PO
2. HT Chewie
3. Stormtrooper (any HT variant, though in order it would be Tall, Sand, Luke, Space, the regular short one I probably wouldn't place this high)
4. SS R2 - gets higher cause pairs up well with 3PO
5. Probe Droid
6. HT Han Solo - like R2 gets higher as in his case he pairs up well with Chewie
7. HT Kenobi
8. HT Vader
9. SS Snowtrooper
10. SS Speederbike
11. SS Hoth Luke
12. SS Hoth Han
13. HT Farmboy Luke

(not in hand figure)

1. Tamashii c3po
2. HTchewbacca
3. Marmit stormtrooper
4. (HT Vader )
5. (HT Leia)
6. Sideshow old Ben
7. Marmit TIE pilot

1. HT Sandtrooper
2. HT Stormtrooper
3. Tamashii C-3PO
4. HT Chewbacca
5. SSC Luke X-Wing pilot
6. HT Han Solo
7. SSC Tusken Raider
8. HT Obi-Wan Kenobi
9. HT Bespin Luke
10. SSC Snowtrooper
11. SSC Emperor
12. SSC IG-88

I'll bite.

1. Tama 3PO
2. HT Chewie
3. Stormtrooper (any HT variant, though in order it would be Tall, Sand, Luke, Space, the regular short one I probably wouldn't place this high)
4. SS R2 - gets higher cause pairs up well with 3PO
5. Probe Droid
6. HT Han Solo - like R2 gets higher as in his case he pairs up well with Chewie
7. HT Kenobi
8. HT Vader
9. SS Snowtrooper
10. SS Speederbike
11. SS Hoth Luke
12. SS Hoth Han
13. HT Farmboy Luke

I initially had Obi Wan above Vader too. I only checked out the figure briefly before putting it back in the box for temporary storage, but I saw a lot of things that I thought SS ANH did better. But if I was going to have to give up either of the two it'd be Obi Wan.

1. HT Darth Vader
2. HT Sandtrooper
3. HT Luke Skywalker ANH
4. HT Obi Wan Kenobi
5. HT Chewbacca
6. HT Han Solo
7. SSC C3P0
8. HT Stormtrooper
9. SSC Tie Pilot
10. SSC R2D2

Hot Toys Leia will definitely make my top ten when i add to my collection, looks amazing.

Of those I own:
1. Stormtrooper
2. Chewie
3.Vader
4. Sandtrooper
5. Han Solo
6. Obi Wan
7. Luke

My Leia is Processing:) I don't own R2 or 3PO:(

Okay people. I collated the Top 10 of the Top 10, based on everyone's votes:

1. HT Vader 15
2. HT Ben 14
3. HT Stormtrooper 13
4. HT Chewie 12
5. HT Han 10 // Tama 3PO 10
6. HT Luke 9
7. HT Sandtrooper 8 // SSC R2 8
8. HT Leia 7 // SSC Snowtrooper 7 // HT Bespin Luke 7
9. SSC Scout 5 // SSC Speeder 5
10. SSC Tusken 4 // SSC Probe 4 // SSC IG-88 4 // SSC Tie Pilot 4

Now I know how college football feels with all of its polls. :lol

Now we need to break it down further and take into consideration how many first place votes each figure got.

Top 10 most-modded figures... poll incoming. Top 2 spots - HT Vader and HT Chewy.:lol

Now I know how college football feels with all of its polls. :lol

Now we need to break it down further and take into consideration how many first place votes each figure got.

Yeah, I think Vader only got a few first place ones. Needs to go lower. :lol

Quick statistics says that:
Giving 10 points for every first place, 9 for second and so on, the ranking is:

1.HT Vader 109
2.HT Stormie 94
3.HT Chewie 86
4.TAMA 3P0 75
5.HT Kenobi 58
6.HT Sandie 49
7.HT Leia 38
8.HT Solo 34
9.Bespin Luke 33
10. SSC Probe Droid and HT Luke 24

Counting first places we have:

Tama 3P0 6
HT Vader 4
A bunch of other figures 1

:lol

Quick statistics says that:
Giving 10 points for every first place, 9 for second and so on, the ranking is:

1.HT Vader 109
2.HT Stormie 94
3.HT Chewie 86
4.TAMA 3P0 75
5.HT Kenobi 58
6.HT Sandie 49
7.HT Leia 38
8.HT Solo 34
9.Bespin Luke 33
10. SSC Probe Droid and HT Luke 24

Counting first places we have:

Tama 3P0 6
HT Vader 4
A bunch of other figures 1

:lol

There we go, now we're talkin'. :lol

Now we just need to create several other polls, and then come up with a highly "accurate" computer formula that takes the average of all factors considered.

There we go, now we're talkin'. :lol

Now we just need to create several other polls, and then come up with a highly "accurate" computer formula that takes the average of all factors considered.

Agreed. Due to the "in-hand" factor, everyone participating must own all modern Star Wars 12" figures in existence to rule out bias for figures that have never been seen "in hand" before, as we know the quality of the figure rises exponentially.

If you chose the Tama over the SS 3PO, for example, but it is found out that you don't or have never had both, your vote will be disqualified and you will be put on probation from future scientific polls for a specified duration of time.

This poll shows that not very many people purchased the SS Luke X-Wing Pilot.

This list is for figures on my self. Leia and Obi are on there way and I'm sure they will crack this list but until then..

10-ht ANH Luke. (Hasn't grown on me - his helmet stays on)
1- SS r2
1- SS c3 even with the weird thumbs these two look outstanding together
1- ht Han ANH
1- ht chewie (Han & chewie 2pack - only to be outdone by the future release of the EMPIRE version)
1- SS Vader (this has keeps me from "upgrading" to the ht version which I'm sure I'd love as well - still prefer EMPIRE)
1- ht stormtrooper tall version
1- ht stormtrooper short version (Vader needs his stormies)
1- SS fett (original 2nd release version - passing on all ROTJ figures probably so sorry ht)
1A - SS tauntaun & SS hoth Han (this was a must buy and I almost passed on him because of all the negative feedback - Now it's the cream of the crop)

This list makes me feel Like Meryl Streep from Sophie's choice...

This poll shows that not very many people purchased the SS Luke X-Wing Pilot.

I wonder how many others are still waiting for ssc to come down from their ridiculous initial asking price, I know I am. They seem to have dug in their heels on this one, even excluded it from free shipping in December when almost everything in stock qualified. Anyway I still want to pick it up but they will have to blink first:mad:

I wonder how many others are still waiting for ssc to come down from their ridiculous initial asking price, I know I am. They seem to have dug in their heels on this one, even excluded it from free shipping in December when almost everything in stock qualified. Anyway I still want to pick it up but they will have to blink first:mad:

I actually really, really like the figure with two simple mods. I do think the helmeted likeness beats HT and in that state the paint holds up fine. Overpriced? Definitely.

Maybe something better than $25 will work when the blu ray comes out. I'd likely bite at around $200 shipped, exclusive or not. Since I'd probably display with the helmet on, the hand/glove EX don't really matter.

If not at blu ray release perhaps may the 4th will bring a sale. If there was any danger of a sellout I probably would have stomped my feet and ponied up the dough. When I do finally get the figure I'm sure I'll be begging for tips from ZE and/or Chaka on fixing the weathering on the helmet.

Okay, I'll play. I'll only judge figures I own or have owned by likeness/accuracy, technical achievement, accessories/value, iconic status. I'm trying to be objective as there are figures I've ranked higher that I nonetheless didn't keep or would part with before lower-ranked figures.

1. HT Bespin Luke DX07. I no longer own this set because it didn't fit in with my overall scheme, but I see it as a peak in terms of quality, presentation, value and packaging. BD likeness pushes it over the top.

2. HT Chewbacca. I'm *still* not sure I'll keep this one, but it seems to be a production benchmark. There are some structural issues, but if you commit to painting the facial area to lighter and more accurate (which I have not), these flaws are mostly hidden. The figure is incredibly expressive, instantly recognizable, and fun.

3. MMS304. Luke-in-Stormtrooper Disguise makes the Top 3 because it's the best 1/6 representation of a stormtrooper to date, i.e. better than the original HT stormtrooper release. Versatile with good accessories. Head sculpt is okay. But where it shines is the subtle tweaks -- the body hangs more naturally than the HT stormie release, the frown is subtly different and the helmet with its interior detailing, has a slightly higher dome. At this scale those tiny differences add up. The foam neck adapter allows for expressive, natural and flattering angles on the helmet, and the glossy finish is iconic and bounces light beautifully. The slightly shorter chest armour is a nice touch and shows off the overall proportions better. This is the stormtrooper I was waiting for and I'll likely pick up Han-in-Disguise too.

4. SSC Imperial Probe Droid. Very accurate, very articulated. Base could have been better -- plain black looks like a toilet plunger, snow base's paint isn't great close-up -- but the droid itself is excellent, even if the paint falls short of the prototype.

5. SSC Red Five. The production figure took a lot of heat, with a fair amount coming from me. But this is an iconic piece representing one of the key moments from the film that started it all. The uniform is excellent, for the most part; the stock body isn't terrible, but a simple swap pushes it over the top. The head-sculpt...works incredibly well with the helmet on and looks better than the HT ANH Luke sculpt; the eyes behind the goggles look fantastic. One-trick pony as the paint and overall look suffer badly without the helmet. The helmet itself reaches its full potential with the simple mod of stripping some of the poorly done factory weathering, which is too uniform and dull.

6. HT Sandtrooper (Squad Leader). The helmet gets certain proportions correct that no one -- not even Marmit -- has ever nailed in this scale. Lots of options thanks to a good accessory kit, highly accurate overall with some nitpicks. My only real issues are the weathering -- too uniform with the over-spray, can render the armour kinda biscuit coloured in the wrong light ... and the fact that the character is really niche, in terms of display options, which I suppose is neither here nor there.

7. SSC R2-D2. A touch too small? Sure. Weathering needs partial stripping and re-doing to bring out the best, and some examples have a worse seam on the dome than others. But the touch control for lights is a nice touch, and like the Probe, I don't care in the long run if the droid is "light". It's a great representation and complements other figures very nicely, also a very nice stand-alone piece.

8. HT Han Solo. The likeness isn't a home run, but at several angles I think it nails '70s Ford-as-Solo.

9. HT Obi Wan. It channels Alec Guinness as Obi Wan with the hood on. They made some odd materials choices, and even if it's not perfect, if you need this character, I think it's the best to date when taken as a whole and can hit some great poses and gestures.

10. HT Stormtrooper 2-pack. While the helmets started bugging me, there's no denying that this set was fun, game-changing, and iconic.

Figures I don't have that I should mention: HT Leia (no-brainer), SSC TIE Pilot (just needs body mod or swap) and HT Vader (best out-of-the-box Vader available).

Back