Your OT line-up, rank 'em

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lejuan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any maker, any OT figure, in-hand or pending, include pros and cons if you must, 10 max.

Slamming of the subjective choices of others encouraged.

1. Tamashii C3PO - don't care about its big pistons, they work and everything else about it is sweet
2. HT Stormtrooper - not enough of a geek to nitpick this, it's pretty much perfect
3. HT Princess Leia - not in hand yet, dress issues can be futzed out it seems and likeness and expression outstanding
4. HT Chewbacca - derpy expression but futzing does wonders and it's Chewbacca
5. HT Obi Wan - likeness is missed-it-by-that-much but still represents the character nicely
6. HT Darth Vader - chunky body and stupid sound feature, but best Vader yet
7. Sideshow R2D2 - feels flimsy and the visible seams suck, but nicely done figure overall, especially light feature.
8. Sideshow Tusken Raider - arms are too short and rubber knees blah but still dig it
9. HT Luke Skywalker - can look great in a couple of poses and when well lit, but Tom Cruise
10. HT Han Solo - can look great in a couple of poses and when well lit, but Mark Ruffalo

Last edited:
1. HT Boba Fett - I know I'll love it.
2. SHF ROTJ Luke Skywalker - Best 1/12 Luke (until ANH version comes out)
3. Mafex Darth Vader - Best 1/12 DV so far imo. Good height and cloth cape.
4. SHF Darth Vader - Looks good, just too short and sculpted cape.
5. Revoltech Boba Fett - Like how it looks, the articulation is a little weird.
6. Black Series Stormtrooper - One of Hasbro's best efforts imo.
7. SHF Stormtrooper - A little too stylized, but I needed it to help complete the line:lol
8. Bandai Model Kit Boba Fett - Looks really good, but very fragile, I already lost a couple pieces, and has to be painted.
9. Bandai Model Kit Stormtrooper - Same as Boba. Broke one of the ankles :(

That's all I have currently OT related.

Leia - best likeness by far
Vader - don't have it, but from what I've seen it's a very impressive figure once futzed properly
Chewie - the impressiveness of the figure as a whole easily makes up for likeness issues
R2D2 - flimsiness aside, it's still a really cool figure with a lot of cool features
HT Han - a good figure with a likeness that can look pretty good under the right lighting

and then much further down the list...

X Wing Luke - nice outfit with decent likeness but let down by terrible paintjob.
HT Obi-Wan - only captures the actor and character in a very generic way.
HT Luke - can see a trace of the actor in sculpt, but not nearly enough, and bad hair just makes it worse

Sticking only to my owned/pre-ordered pieces(okay I cheated with the Dewback) this is my list:

1. Hot Toys Sandtroopers - just amazing. ! Looks incredible on my shelf. Look forward to the variants.

2. Sideshow Dewback - I love this piece, my favorite creature of Star Wars. Sadly very expensive these days and I doubt I'll see it on my shelf

3. Sideshow Imperial Probe Droid - my first 1/6 scale piece. I don't care what people say about it being lightweight or flimsy, it's an amazing piece, Sideshow really did well with this one.

4. Hot Toys Darth Vader - not on display at the moment but I really like him.

5. Hot Toys ROTJ Boba Fett - loving what I've seen so far, have high hopes for this one.

6. Hot Toys Stormtroopers - also great, my first HT figures and they did not dissapoint.

7. Sideshow Snowtrooper - I really like this figure, nice weathering, looks even better with the Hoth Luke stand added to it. In for HT snowtroopers if they make them but will keep this one aswell.

8. Sideshow Scout Trooper - not a total sucess but a good figure. The EX rifle makes it a great figure.

9. Sideshow Speeder Bike - pretty much even with the Scout. They look great together.

10. Sideshow Bossk - love the EX Head, great figure overall but it's age is showing abit.

Great thread Lejuan!!!

1. SSC Dewback with Sandtrooper Deluxe - combo
2. SSC Jabba with Throne & GG Slave Leia - combo (cut Leia off base to sit on throne in front of Jabba)
3. SSC Speeder Bike & Scout - combo (only after modding the handlebars)
4. HT Vader
5. HT Chewie
6. HT Leia
7. HT Stormtrooper
8. HT Ben
9. HT Han
10. SSC Tusken Raider

1. Kubrick Bespin Luke: No real complaints. One of my favorites. But rarer than he should be.
2. Kenner Hoth Luke: A childhood favorite. Not sure where it is located.
3. Hot Toys Bespin Luke: Love it, despite likeness issues. Only problem is the latch on one of their belts fell off along with the saber hilt, and I have no idea where they are now. :(
4. Hot Toys Chewy: Excellent with some minor futzing
5. Bean Bag R2D2 doll: Surprisingly good.
6. BB-8 pillow: Great size for little kids to hold. Disappointed my daughter doesn't care much for it.
7. mini Rey plush doll with goggles and head gear: Better than the larger talking doll, which looks funky and says incomprehensible things.
8. McDonald's Ewok doll: Not bad for what it is actually. But very small and stylized.
9. Sideshow Storm Trooper: Mediocre in hindsight.
10. 1/4 scale HT Boba Fett: Felt awkward and surprisingly fragile in hand. Didn't care for ratchet joints. Mine had a scratch on the helmet and had to be returned

I am going to stick to 1/6th scale for my list:

1. HT Vader: Dat helmet...
2. HT Leia: Wonderful sculpt even with the dress issues
3. HT Stormtrooper: Awesome in every way
4. Tamashii C3PO: Best version of C3PO IMO

This is where I diverge from popular opinion...

5. Ultimate Unison ROTJ Han Solo: The best Harrison Ford likeness by far. When I place him side-by-side with HT Han everyone I have asked agrees that UU Han has a much better likeness. HT Han wins with the outfit though.
6. Medicom R2D2: Yes, it is too small and not quite as proportionately accurate as the SS version. However, it is also much less fiddly without doors popping open every time it is touched.
7. Medicom Yoda: Currently the best 1/6th Yoda
8. Ultimate Unison Luke Skywalker: I bet no one is going to agree with me on this one! The pictures do not due either of the UU figures justice and in-hand this really looks more like Hamill than the Hot Toys version. The body is crap though.

I have a lot more (i.e., most of the medis) but only ranked the ones I like enough to not feel a desire to upgrade anytime soon.

Last edited:
Peoples lists are weird with all this Kenner and Hasbro stuff in it!

In the spirit of what you started...

1) tamashii 3po - seems to be a no brianer
2) HT stormtrooper - no complaints at all
3) HT chewbacca - impressive feat but needs major modding but once done it's almost perfect.
4) HT Vader - needs a lot of modding but the best Vader with or without modding
5) HT obi wan - pretty solid needs some paint adjustments bit great likeness
6) HT bespin Luke
7) HT ANH luke
8) sideshow R2 - looks good but a bit flimsy
9) sideshow deluxe ESB Vader - great after endless mods
10) sideshow x wing Luke - good with a hot toys head
11) medicom yoda - weathered with real hair and a repaint it's great
12) HT Han Solo. Honestly it sucks all around terrible with no redeeming qualities if you ask me.

Liea, looks to be a good one but why would I comment on what's not released yet?

Boba Fett: See Liea

I would argue that the logic behind a comparison between a Kubrick and Hot Toys figure isn't so far removed from a comparison between an old SSC and Hot Toys figure. Roughly same scale, but that's about where the similarities end.

Any maker, any OT figure

6. BB-8 pillow: Great size for little kids to hold. Disappointed my daughter doesn't care much for it.
7. mini Rey plush doll with goggles and head gear: Better than the larger talking doll, which looks funky and says incomprehensible things.

So you've accepted the truth that TFA is as good as the OT. Good, good...

giphy.gif

Just my in hand figures.

1. HT DX07 Bespin Luke Skywalker
2. HT ANH Darth Vader
3. HT Sandtrooper
4. HT ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi
5. HT ANH Luke Skywalker
6. SSC R2-D2
7. SSC C-3PO

My current top-10 is (I do not have the Sandie, Leia and Han&Chewie are still boxed so none of them are gonna be in the list):

1) Tama 3P0
2) HT Kenobi
3) HT Stormtrooper/Spacetrooper/Luke Disguise
4) HT Vader
5) HT Bespin Luke
6) SSC Scout
7) SSC Snowtrooper
8) SSC Bossk
9) SSC Ig-88
10) SSC Hoth Han

ok here is mY LIST I could go on for more as there is more but if were doing a top 10 well I guess this would be it.
1) TAMA 3PO
2) HT VADER
3) SSC GREEDO
4) SSC HAMMER HEAD
5) HT STORMTROOPER twin pack
6) HT OBI-WAN KENOBI
7) SSC BOSSK
8) SSC IG-88
9) HT BESPIN LUKE
10) SSC SNOWTROOPER

Is is ok to do this while drinking? Can I get a ruling lejuan? Alright then I'm going on ahead.

1) Hot toys ANH hero lineup of 5.......This may be lejuan's thread but it's my list and I am lumping all these figures together because they should be together. Sure there is about as much to ***** about as there is to praise but this is the collection I wanted for decades. The sum of its parts is far better than the individual pieces.

2) Hot toys ANH vader with Stormtroopers, lumped together for the same reason as #1. Stormtroopers are near flawless imo and check out that vader helmet.

3) Hot toys bespin luke DX07. Whether you love or just like the sculpts, may not ever see a 1/6 SW fig with this kind of quality presentation ever again.

4) Hot toys Sandtroopers. Some of hot toys best work, I wouldn't argue with anyone ranking them higher. Sadly I can't rate the dewback because I have not owned it.

5) Ssc speeder bike and scout. There are issues here but this combo has fascinated me since I saw rotj in the theater as a kid. Still a great set. Get the exclusive rifle.

6) Ssc probe droid. Probably better than the than the scout/bike combo but not as fun.

7) Tamashii 3po. The character sorta annoys me but the figure is the most satisfying toy you will ever hold in your hand. The real wires are a nice touch. Don't drop this ****er on your foot.

8) Ssc luke, han, and tauntaun. Poor paint on the sculpts and the neck seam prevent this from being way up the list.

9) Ssc R2D2 and R5D4. Undersized, seam, flimsy, and questionable weathering. Still great

10) tie. Ssc snowtrooper, tusken raider, and tie pilot

1. HT Darth Vader
2. HT Chewbacca
3. HT Princess Leia
4. HT Sandtrooper
5. Tamashii 3PO
6. SSC TIE Pilot
7. HT Han Solo
8. HT Obi Wan Kenobi
9. HT Farm Boy Luke
10. SSC R2

yeah that`s a pretty good line up. I forgot to add chewie to the list on mine woops. I might add my customs to the next list sometime down the road

Back