Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally caught up on Jeff Lemire Arrow #17-26. And about 40pages in on the Odyssey. Its a hard read

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

How did you enjoy Green Arrow? I've loved every second of Lemire's run.

Not really a new book, but I recently read Batman:Noël. I intended on getting it last Christmas when it was released but never got around to it. Finally bought it a few months ago but wanted to wait until Christmas to read it. Really enjoyed it. I also decided I wanted to read Dickens' A Christmas Carol over the Christmas period so I'd read that leading up to Christmas, finished it on Christmas Eve, then read Batman:Noel on Boxing Day, loved it, especially for the art work, Bermejo's been one of my favourite Batman artists since Batman/Deathblow but this really blew me away still, he renders Gotham perfectly and his Batsuit is equally perfect in my eyes. It's the ideal Batsuit.

Last edited:
I just finished up Lazarus #1-4. Greg Rucka is one of my favorites and he isn't disappointing with Lazarus.

I loved Lemire's take. The outsiders and island story are interesting!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've really loved Lemire's run so far.

I've just got Hunters Moon, not read it yet but sounds like good stuff. I loved Longbow Hunters and this kind of follows on from that.

They look very nice.
I saw issue 4 in my LCS the other day so might have to back track on these & grab them as well, are they any good?

Neil

I'll be honest, I am a big fan of the B&W series and have a very biased opinion about them. :) I really like the idea how the writers and artists present these stories in the limited number of pages.

All in all, if you're a Batfan, you'll like them. However, if you would not want to spend $4.99 each on collecting them individually and are not eagerly looking to read them, just wait for the HC that'll be out in July: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Black-White-Vol-4/dp/1401246435/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389085351&sr=8-1&keywords=Batman+Black+and+White+Hardcover[/ame]

I'll be honest, I am a big fan of the B&W series and have a very biased opinion about them. :) I really like the idea how the writers and artists present these stories in the limited number of pages.

All in all, if you're a Batfan, you'll like them. However, if you would not want to spend $4.99 each on collecting them individually and are not eagerly looking to read them, just wait for the HC that'll be out in July: https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Black...8-1&keywords=Batman+Black+and+White+Hardcover

Thank for the info.
Reckon I'll see if I can pick these up, I am a big Batfan but have really lost interest with the New 52 stuff it's just been really poor IMO so these might be just what I need.

I think I'll grab the individuals as I'm impatient & can't wait until July ;) lol

Thanks again for the impressions

Neil

If you haven't read any, Amazon has Y The Last Man digital volumes for $3.99 each (vol 8 missing for some reason on the sale)

New Omnibuses.

tgq5.jpg

Hey guys, selling some of my TPB's all are in Used - very good condition. (Basically new, read once each).

Just thought i'd post a link here in case any other UK members would be interested, happy to take offers and deal through here instead as well.

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?i...eName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_ssn=screamer777&_sop=10

For sale are:

Annihilation TPB 1-3
Annihilation TPB 1 & 2
Nova TPB 1-6
GOTG TPB 1-4

Thanks for looking

Also just finished Thanos: Redemption and really enjoyed it.

Invincible Ultimate Collection Hard Cover Vol. 3-5.

I would post a picture, but trying to add the image from my iPad isn't working :/

Thank for the info.
Reckon I'll see if I can pick these up, I am a big Batfan but have really lost interest with the New 52 stuff it's just been really poor IMO so these might be just what I need.

I think I'll grab the individuals as I'm impatient & can't wait until July ;) lol

Thanks again for the impressions

Neil

Pleasure. :)

In case you do not have the first volume (with the Steranko tip-in plate), this one on the bay is at quite a low price right now, thought I'd share:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-BLA...=US_Comics_Graphic_Novels&hash=item485f401853

Back