Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shop had 50% off on a couple of Marvel Omnibusses, saw this one so early Christmas gift I guess.

My shop had 50% off on a couple of Marvel Omnibusses, saw this one so early Christmas gift I guess.

I've been meaning to pick that up for ages after my friend said it was amazing. Seems pretty pricey though normally. Must have been a great deal.

picked up the new 52 Green Arrow #25 #26 and i must say guys this series is finally getting good! if you didnt like the first 15 or so issues like me start this new story ark and it will redeem itself!

That's nice.
I'd love that but it's currently around £60 in the UK & that's a whole mess of cash...hope you got it for a good price

Few new pick ups for me this week...

Also grabbed this for my brother towards his Christmas...

Was planning on getting Vol 2 / 3 / 4 to go with it but LCS didn't have 2 in stock so is trying to source it but a quick check on Amazon shows out of stock & stupid market place sellers looking for £40+ for it & Forbidden Planet.co.uk is showing a reprint date of Feb 2014 so he'll just be getting volume 1 for now & some other stuffs as well, shame as I was itching to borrow them after he'd read them...been a long time since I've read any 2000AD

Lastly couple of gets from Amazon's Black Friday deals which aren't comics but are sort of related...

Please ignore Just Dance...it's for the missus...honest ;) lol

Neil

picked up the new 52 Green Arrow #25 #26 and i must say guys this series is finally getting good! if you didnt like the first 15 or so issues like me start this new story ark and it will redeem itself!

Since Jeff Lemire took over its been amazing, it just gets better and better each month. A shame they didn't give the title to him from the start. It's easily one of my favourite titles right now, beaten only slightly by Snyder's Batman.

Soundwave, how's Batman/Superman? I loved the first arc but I didn't pick up issue 5 as it didn't sound too good, and I read a few reviews that said it was pretty terrible, so I'm reluctant to grab anymore issues.

Since Jeff Lemire took over its been amazing, it just gets better and better each month. A shame they didn't give the title to him from the start. It's easily one of my favourite titles right now, beaten only slightly by Snyder's Batman.

Soundwave, how's Batman/Superman? I loved the first arc but I didn't pick up issue 5 as it didn't sound too good, and I read a few reviews that said it was pretty terrible, so I'm reluctant to grab anymore issues.
what issue # was his first of the series? i read 1-13 and skipped to #25. I may go back to his first entry

I think he took over with issue 17. I'd seen bits and pieces before he started and it seemed pretty rubbish, even green arrow's appearance in justice league he seemed like a really annoying character. But when Lemire took over its been amazing. I'm pretty sure it was issue 17 he started.

It's a bit meh tbh
I thought I'd give the new arc a try but it's really not that special.

I'll be dropping it now as it really isn't panning out.

Neil

I think he took over with issue 17. I'd seen bits and pieces before he started and it seemed pretty rubbish, even green arrow's appearance in justice league he seemed like a really annoying character. But when Lemire took over its been amazing. I'm pretty sure it was issue 17 he started.
thanks ill probably backtrack my LCS and see if we have any more

It's a bit meh tbh
I thought I'd give the new arc a try but it's really not that special.

I'll be dropping it now as it really isn't panning out.

Neil

That's a real shame. Especially as it started out so strong. Guess I won't bother with it.

thanks ill probably backtrack my LCS and see if we have any more

No worries, I really think it's been awesome since Lemire took over. Definitely worth grabbing those back issues.

thought i would ask here. i cant understand the darn price chart on CGC website. what is the ballpark estimate on how much to get a comic book graded?
if it matters the two i want to send in are Batman new 52 #1 and FF #48 first appearance of silver surfer and Galactus

They say not to judge a book by it's cover, but that ABC Warriors caught my attention instantly. Is it any good, soundwave?

Last edited:
Read Shazam vol 1 HC last night. I didn't know much about the characters history so it was interesting. I like how Johns changed the origin and the booked flowed. Frank did a great job as the penciler. Overall it was 7/10 for me. I've read better from Johns like his GL and Flash run.

Back