Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just reading issues I picked up at free comic book day. I read uncanny x-men, chew, the walking dead prequel, and i am currently on all new x-men. I'm glad they made first issues available as I had been wanting to check these out.

Chew is great I've just finished volume 5. Gross and funny and I love the artwork.

It was pretty cool. For those that have only seen the TV show, it gives some background the characters and helps flesh them out and show why they are the way they are.

For someone who has read all the books-current is it worth reading? I don't watch the show so if it is mainly for that audience I will probably pass, but if it adds to the books I might seek it out.

For someone who has read all the books-current is it worth reading? I don't watch the show so if it is mainly for that audience I will probably pass, but if it adds to the books I might seek it out.

I would say probably not. I haven't read all the comics (yet), but I do know there are some differences. This comic is definitely made for the TV crowd.

I have read the entire current New 52 run, it is horrible and it is nothing like the show. It is WAYYYY BETTER since Lemire started writing it at issue #17 I think it was. No need to read anything before that. The show and this comic series are not much alike at all, I watch the show also. I enjoy the show and the current Lemire arc, but there are too many differences to relate them. Characters are different, origin is similar but still different, personality is way different. I DO recommend Lemire's arc if you are looking for somthing new to get into though that compares to the show. To answer your question that I think your asking though, NO you dont have to watch the show to read this arc or the comic to watch the show.

BTW - I am talking about the title Green Arrow vs the show Arrow. There is also an Arrow comic title that IS based on the show. I do not read it now care to read it. Reviews on that title have never been horrible but I have no interest in that title nor can I recommend it.

Not sure who that was a response to but I've never watched the show arrow, although I heard its quite good. Also never read green arrow until lately, but I read year one and lemires run so far and am loving it. Seems as though the stuff before he took over as writer though is pretty bad so I'm staying away.

Just read batman and robin 20 "batman and red hood". Another really good issue. Although I was really loving Damian as a character I'm really enjoying these various team ups and seeing Bruce dealing (or rather trying to deal) with Damian's death.

Also just read batman 20, not bad but I did LOVE the batman beyond reference. Very cool. Also just finished reading kingdom come. Been meaning to read it for a long time and finally got around to it. Great stuff. Alex Ross' art is astounding and the whole story was just brilliant.

Last edited:
The Fountains of Paradise, A.C. Clarke.

Great story. With NASA talking about capturing an asteriod and bringing it within the moon's orbit so it can be studied, this book like many other Sci-Fi stories is really ahead of its time.

Picked up everything of Locke and Key that is out on comixology this weekend. I have been waiting for a good sale on these and half off was perfect for me.

Reading through Civil War atm. This may take a while

I thought about reading Civil War, I'm not massively into Marvel but thought it sounded like a good story, but just seems so daunting with all the volumes. :lol

All New X-Men (2102) HC Vol 1
Fantastic Four (2012) TPB Vol 1
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man HC Vol 3

I read the first issue of All New X-Men when Marvel gave away 700 free issues and thought it was really good. Tempted to pick up the trade.

picked up the new X-Men #1 by Brian Wood, I liked it a lot. But, probly won't keep up with it. Just too many books I like, and it gets expensive quick.

Also, just read Spawn #165. Finally have all the issues I was missing since I got back into collecting. I'll be caught up to the current issue #231 in no time. :)

number_of_the_beast.jpg

SJicSTiUvZg.jpg

I've just bought Batman vs The Black Glove Deluxe Edition. Never read any of Morrison's Batman run but been meaning to for a while so decided to work my way through from the beginning, hopefully through Batman and Robin and get all caught up.

Also I'm currently reading The Handmaid's Tale. Really interesting.

Back