Your latest comic book or novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Definitely enjoy re-reading some of my favorite titles and story lines...even the ones from the late 60's-early 80's :wink1:

What you think think of rebirth thus far? I'm digging it. AllStar Batman came out today. Look forward to seeing what Scott Snyder does with him.

I'm really digging it much to my wallets chagrin! :lol

I'm loving WW, Titans and Green Lanterns the most but the others are really good.

I know this doesn't fall under "newer" comics read, but last night I cracked open my storage container that has all of my childhood comics in it (Bats, X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman, etc.). Had a nice and quiet, fun read, for a couple of hours.

I do that a lot with my old X-Men Claremont/Byrne run & New Teen Titans Wolfman/Perez run. :yess:

I'm really digging it much to my wallets chagrin! :lol

I'm loving WW, Titans and Green Lanterns the most but the others are really good.

I do that a lot with my old X-Men Claremont/Byrne run & New Teen Titans Wolfman/Perez run. :yess:

Exactly. Do you laugh at the prices on those older X-Men books (20-35 cents) compared to prices now?

More like weep...

Ugh. I had to skip out in Daredevil/Punisher because they are $4.99 each. I just can't even do that when im getting like 8 comics a week. I really hope marvel goes back to $1.99

Shaw/ink, is that how much an individual comic costs now? If that is, I don't want to guess how much collectors who have multiple titles, spend per month.

Shaw/ink, is that how much an individual comic costs now? If that is, I don't want to guess how much collectors who have multiple titles, spend per month.

Marvel is one of the most expensive books out there. I unfortunately cut a lot of pulls due to the cost. I can't spend $50-85 per week on books. DC makes it easier since they are $2.99. Image is also $2.99 on most books so those are the two I mostly pick up.

Wish they were $1 still. But then I'd run out of storage room so fast

Marvel is one of the most expensive books out there. I unfortunately cut a lot of pulls due to the cost. I can't spend $50-85 per week on books. DC makes it easier since they are $2.99. Image is also $2.99 on most books so those are the two I mostly pick up.

Wish they were $1 still. But then I'd run out of storage room so fast

Wow :eek.

I do mostly. But the majority is the first volume of Iron Man along with scattered X-Men, Amazing Spiderman, Iron Fist, Batman and Avengers. Nothing I can retire on :lol

Even if I would have been able to buy the comics that are worth something now when they came out they never would have lasted this long in decent condition. I read all of mine when I was younger--crammed them into my backpack, scattered all over my bedroom floor, let friends borrow them, etc. I still have quite a few of them though.

Even if I would have been able to buy the comics that are worth something now when they came out they never would have lasted this long in decent condition. I read all of mine when I was younger--crammed them into my backpack, scattered all over my bedroom floor, let friends borrow them, etc. I still have quite a few of them though.

Exactly. You were a kid. You didn't buy them thinking about the potential money maker back then. You bought them because either the title or the cover art or whatever was cool. I used to have them littering my bedroom floor when I was young. Either stepping on them or over them because I was too lazy to clean my room :lol

Edit: couple of pics added

Attachments

• 20160812_110717.jpg
    20160812_110717.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • 20160812_110707.jpg
    20160812_110707.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20160812_110654.jpg
    20160812_110654.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Awesome pics Sikatar.

I'm trying to finish my complete run of uncanny xmen from 60s. Just about done with full ironman run from 1968 :rock

I laugh...then cry myself to sleep. :lol :monkey2 :lol

:lol

Awesome pics Sikatar.

I'm trying to finish my complete run of uncanny xmen from 60s. Just about done with full ironman run from 1968 :rock

Thanks Shaw. Kudos on your collecting :duff. Yours must be getting there :yess:. X-Men/Uncanny is one expensive collection to have a full run on. My closest friend who passed away years ago had the full run on X-Men/Uncanny (or whatever was being released that had anything to do with X-Men) up to the year 2010 (year he passed away). I was blown away with that collection that he had. His younger brother has that collection now. Iron Man ( my boy, lol..), is a fun one to collect all the back issues on. Lowest issue I have is # 12. I have sporadic issues in the teens on up through the 40's and my full run starts at issue #50 on up. (except for #55, sold that one :)).

Last edited:
Back