Yodacappy's Projects - Currently: Curio And Yoda's Hut UPDATE 6/17!!! Post #115

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Project #1 - Sideshow Curio

Just moved some tubs into the closet along with my box of all the ornaments and other supplies. Will also put my comic boxes in there as well.

Also, bookcase #1 has been moved in. Working on restocking it's shelves. Will take pics of everything when it's done. :)

Just moved the last bookcase in and starting to organize some. This seems like it's taking forever...:thud:

Got all my SS stuff moved in (whew). ATM, it's rather depressing but once the curio is done I'll actually have a display!

Still have some goodies to move in and then I'll take pics of the whole shabang.

Re: Project #1 - Sideshow Curio NEW PICS last post

Ok, close enough to give a tour so here goes:

As you enter the room, in the center is/will be my Yoda's Hut display:

Yoda_Hut.jpg

Straight ahead on the left side of the wall will be/is my Luke/Yoda Premium Format display:

Luke_Yoda.jpg

To the right of that on the same wall is my Trade Paperbacks comics bookcase with Clone Wars 3 3/4 display:

TPBs.jpg

On the next wall on the far left, is my novels bookcase:

Novels.jpg

In the center are my 80 inch shelves for my 3 3/4 collection:

The left:
Middle_shelves.jpg

The middle:
Middle_2.jpg

The Right:

Right_shelves.jpg

On the far right of this wall is the second bookcase which has all my youth novels and books in it.

Right_youthbooks.jpg

And then there's the closet that houses my boxes and my comics:

Closet.jpg

And here is where my curio will be full of my Sideshow stuff:

Curio_stuff.jpg

And finally, the last bookcase which houses the video games and RPG books:

Games.jpg

Good stuff, you have a huge collection! Im really looking forward to seeing that curio filled with all of your Sideshow stuff. :)

Good stuff, you have a huge collection! Im really looking forward to seeing that curio filled with all of your Sideshow stuff. :)

You and me both! Tired of looking at just boxes of stuff.

Just got in the main component for my Yoda's Hut display. When we're able to get back on the curio in a couple of weeks the plan is while stain and stuff is drying, I'll be working on this display. :thud:

Still glass shopping. Prices are killing me!

Great news--I found my glass!!!

Should be ready for pickup next Thursday and the finishing process will commence next Sunday more than likely.

So it's get the glass, do some sanding, staining and sealing and the beast will be complete!:yess:

Started prepping it for the finishing stages today. Most likely 3 work sessions to go until complete. Next one will be in 2 weeks and that will be fitting the glass, taking it apart and sanding it and finally staining it. The last two sessions will be sealing it.

Should be some new pics next session!

Also, started planning out the Yoda's Hut display and the dimensions for it. I've got most, if not all, of the material except for the acrylic but the plan is in place and I'll be working on that while the curio is drying.

Re: Yodacappy's Projects - Currently: Curio and Yoda's Hut Display

More good news for a change! My glass order is ready and will be picked up Thursday!!! $400 for glass--sheesh...

Glass was successfully picked up yesterday :). Next weekend will be the installation and the sanding/staining. I can't wait!

what kind of coffee did you have this morning?.................:lol

whole lot of talking & not enough pics
:postpics:

what kind of coffee did you have this morning?.................:lol

whole lot of talking & not enough pics
:postpics:

:gah::panic:

Rest easy barry, pics will be plenty next weekend. :yess:

A little more chatter for Barryo...:pfft:

Went stain shopping and really didn't find anything I liked so while working this Sunday, at some point, we'll do more stain shopping and hopefully stain that bad boy before I leave. Either way, I'm anticipating pics of the backing mirrors installed and the shelves in place. :yess:

:slap.......................:lol

Okay, so starting off the day it became apparent that an adjustment would need to be made to the backing for the mirrors to fit and have room for the shelves.

Here's the mirrors that will be behind all the shelves and figures:

Mirrors.jpg

And here's the test run of the fitting to the back of the curio ( I had to actually stand on a chair to get most of it in the picture!):

Shelves.jpg

To make the adjustment we needed to make a run to the big box store and while we were there we found the right color stain! Also, we picked up the adhesive for the mirrors and the extra material to correct the alignment.

Here are the infamous 4 foot long, 20 inch deep shelves:

Mirrors_fitted.jpg

Next weekend, we'll be doing the routing work, mounting the mirrors and then working on shelf supports. If we are able to do two days then we'll also get into sanding and HOPEFULLY, staining.

Back