Yodacappy's Projects - Currently: Curio And Yoda's Hut UPDATE 6/17!!! Post #115

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Project #1 - Sideshow Curio

Flooring is delayed as I'm having to repair a section of subflooring...:gah:

Last edited:

oh the downside of demolition.............finding hidden damage......:mad:

good to hear it isnt too bad & wont delay you too long.........:yess:

oh the downside of demolition.............finding hidden damage......:mad:

good to hear it isnt too bad & wont delay you too long.........:yess:

Yeah, I'll slap down a piece of plywood tonight and then attach the particle board underlayment on top of that Saturday morning (Yeah, I know but that's what is on the floor and I'm not ripping it all up...LOL) and be done with it. After that it should go rather quickly.

Subfloor replacement is complete and I'm working on laying down the laminate. Shooting for being finished with that on Saturday-ish and resuming work on the curio Sunday. :)

Newsubfloor-1.jpg

Last edited:

Almost met my goal on the flooring. I have one more row to do and a small closet, some touch up on painting and re-installing baseboards and then moving everything back in. Once I finish, I'll post a picture before I move everything back in and then take pics with everything moved in.

Today is curio day! Hopefully, we'll get the door squared away and then we'll take measurments for glass and start the finishing process.

Flooring is delayed as I'm having to repair a section of subflooring...:gah:

Damn I hate that. You get already to do one thing and you end up opening a can of worms. Now you have take more time to go buy more material and whole project gets pushed back. It happens to eveyone that owns a home.

Damn I hate that. You get already to do one thing and you end up opening a can of worms. Now you have take more time to go buy more material and whole project gets pushed back. It happens to eveyone that owns a home.

Yeah, that's the nature of the beast but it got conquered!

As for today, we still have a minor issue with the door so we'll need another work session on it and then we'll start the finishing process. Good news is that I've got the official measurements for the glass and have to go glass shopping somewhere in between demolishing my carpet and replacing it...:panic: :thud:

Flooring in my Star Wars room! Now just have to put up the baseboards, move stuff back in and take pictures for you all! :)

Will do that tomorrow and Sunday if necessary.

Next work session on the curio will be on Monday where I'm hoping we solve the door issues and start the finishing process ::yess:

wip pics or it didnt happen......:lecture...........:wink1:

wip pics or it didnt happen......:lecture...........:wink1:

:rotfl

I'm gonna get the baseboards up this morning and will take pics for ya right after that. Then I'll move everything in, do some touch up painting, put everything in it's place and take final pics (before the curio enters the building). :yess:

Bring it! From my woodworking past & appreciation,I for one am very interested in seeing the finished product.

Well, baseboards are finally up but I need to do a little cleaning before taking the pictures (I know, I know--I'm a human delay). Touch up work should happen Wednesday or Thursday and then I'll move everything back in. :)

As for the curio, it was a GREAT day today. We fixed the issue with the door and I'm now shopping for glass! :clap

Once I get the glass bought, we'll break that beast back down and begin the finishing process: sanding, staining and sealing.

It'll be roughly 3 weeks before the next session since I'm not only putting flooring in my Star Wars room but throughout the house which is complete chaos right now.

Okay, moved some stuff and here's the room with the new floor, baseboards up but still needing some touchup work! Sorry for the crappy picture :(

SW_Room_beforetouchups-1.jpg

Last edited:

Added a WIP picture on post #47 just for you barryo:joy

looks good so far YC.................:clap

Thanks barryo!

Touchups got done yesterday so this evening and weekend will be moving stuff back in, organization, etc. :thud:

Back