Yoda Bust is Coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTRFan

The Grey Pilgrim
Reaction score
:google :google :google :google :google

My absolute most desired collectible, is set to arrive in LA in 25 days!

SanDiegoComicCon2006008.jpg

Can't wait to see this thing in my office!

This is #2 on my most wanted list, right after Boba Fett. (I'm going to have a hard time telling my wife about the thousand bucks I will be spending on Star Wars stuff during the last week of March...)

I hope to see some impressive updated production pictures soon. Maybe the final product will look ever better than the prototype, like what happened with the new Obi-Wan statue from Gentle Giant.

nash, Off-topic. I liked Jessica Alba much better in your sig.

:eek:

oh man, this is one that i would love to have. this has got to be one of the best likeness i have ever seen of yoda. one day i will own him.

Damn, I thought this was coming in May. My poor CC.

I can't wait to have this thing in hand though.

carbo-fation said:
I just hope the production piece won't be a disappointment!

Indeed (of course :p ), and when I was asking about this one at SDCC they still hadn't resolved whether this would be made of polystone or not. The piece they had on display was perfect, the rooted hair (and Yoda MUST have rooted hair, esp at that scale) couldn't have been better.

I have a very good feeling about this!

carbo-fation said:
I just hope the production piece won't be a disappointment!

Same here...I'm praying that the tweaked version that they had on display at Toyfair isn't the production Yoda. The Yoda that we've seen previously (from the website and SDCC) looked perfect. The Toyfair version didn't look all that great.

Hopefully, we'll see some in-hand pics shortly. I know my local comic shop will be getting this piece in stock, so it's always an option if I change my mind.

Nitro said:
Hopefully, we'll see some in-hand pics shortly. I know my local comic shop will be getting this piece in stock, so it's always an option if I change my mind.

Mine is coming directly from Sideshow, so if there are any issues I can return it. But I fully expect it to be awesome.

Nitro said:
The Yoda that we've seen previously (from the website and SDCC) looked perfect. The Toyfair version didn't look all that great.

IMG_79861.jpg

What don't you like, it looks about perfect to me -- esp the hair!

tomandshell said:
Mine is coming directly from Sideshow, so if there are any issues I can return it. But I fully expect it to be awesome.

I was anticipating awesomeness as soon as I saw the piece available for pre-order. I actually almost preordered the bust until I saw the recent pic from Toyfair '07. In any other picture, Yoda looked flawless but when I saw the latest pic...I hesitated a bit especially at the price point. Definately, keep me posted on how the Yoda turns out when you get it in....

LOTRFan said:
IMG_79861.jpg

What don't you like, it looks about perfect to me -- esp the hair!

It was this pic (taken from Rebelscum...so I'll credit the picture from there) that kinda scared me:
IMG_5678.jpg

The other pictures of Yoda do look amazing though. When I saw this pic (regardless of lighting) in particular, I kinda hesitated and thought I should hold out to be cautious as it is an expensive piece. If the Yoda looks anything like the other pics, I'd definately pick him up to add to my collection

I'd say it's the lighting. The first pic looks amazing to me. The flash really messes with the pic from Rebelscum. I'm confident he'll look fabulous. This is definitely my most anticipated item. I've got it on flex-pay, so I'm glad to hear he's shipping soon.

Back