Yoda Bust is Coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see that they've significantly modified the sculpt since SDCC as well (look at the chin). Interesting.

I think its looks more like ESB Yoda now for sure - but the eye color is disappointing.

Flash photography can do amazing things to color, but I admit that even with that in mind, it seems that the eyes are a different shade of green now.

And is it the angle, or is he smiling a bit more in the Toy Fair picture?

The pics on the SSC website are still of the SDCC yoda - are there more pics of the new ToyFair version somewhere?
2935_press04-001.jpg

You know, I think it is the flash. I remember the eyes being 'deep' - so the glass may be reflecting the light strangely. This chin does seem different - but I suppose it could be the angle of the shot.

- no i take it back, the chin is definitely longer and more puppet like.

The Earl of Dunfield said:
The front on toyfair pic also seems to be different than the QVTR
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/php/mediabrowserQTVR.php?sku=2935&type=VR

Don't forget, with Toy Fair images, that could have been a production piece for all we know, but camera's have a distorting ability both color and light, and just the visual, sometimes the image can seem to bend and stretch depending on the angle. I think this will be a fantastic piece and don't let questionable photographs steer you away from it, get it in hand and check it out and be your own judge.

I ordered it in november and I want it badly.

The clothes on the picture above are messed up making his neck look longer and the sleeve is too much over his wrist and hand. There's only 2 fingers visible.

I think it's gonna be alright.

I am really happy for those that can get this. I saw it at SDCC and was so impressed with the likeness and quality. I just remodeled the office at home and have made it my Star Wars room but it won't be big enough for the 1:1 stuff. I so wish I could have space for it.

After this piece, I'm done with 1:1 stuff.

Unless of course they do a Shaak Ti :rolleyes:

JohnyBoo said:
I am really happy for those that can get this. I saw it at SDCC and was so impressed with the likeness and quality. I just remodeled the office at home and have made it my Star Wars room but it won't be big enough for the 1:1 stuff. I so wish I could have space for it.

i just made room in my collection for this baby and i can't wait for it to come out.:D

Darth Loki said:
After this piece, I'm done with 1:1 stuff.

I may be too, but I think I would be a push-over for a :chew or C3PO . I am not interested in any human sculpts though.

For some reason, I don't see them ever doing a human in this line. It seems perfect for exotic and distinctive alien characters, but humans would be too plain and ordinary. Yoda will be my last unless they do a Jar-Jar. (Which means that Yoda will be my last.)

tomandshell said:
For some reason, I don't see them ever doing a human in this line. It seems perfect for exotic and distinctive alien characters, but humans would be too plain and ordinary. Yoda will be my last unless they do a Jar-Jar. (Which means that Yoda will be my last.)

I can't imagine another character that they could do to get me to spend upwards of $500. OF all the characters that I would, none of them are popular enough for a life size bust.

tomandshell said:
I would get a Jar-Jar and a Tusken Raider, and would consider an Admiral Ackbar just for fun.

"It's a trap!!!"

I thought about the possibility of an Ackbar, but it just wouldn't be worth it to me. Yoda and Maul are pretty important to the saga for me, but not Jar-Jar, a Raider, or Ackbar.

Back