XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when the license is only for 4 countries

that the license is in these 4 countries not means that people anywhere in the world can buy their statues. XM knows it and that's attracting buyers making statues of great quality. I really do not mind paying $ 200 more for BW XM but knowing I have the best representation of the black widow and lots of accessories.

that the license is in these 4 countries not means that people anywhere in the world can buy their statues. XM knows it and that's attracting buyers making statues of great quality. I really do not mind paying $ 200 more for BW XM but knowing I have the best representation of the black widow and lots of accessories.

One of these days the people giving the license is going to figure out what's going on and it won't be pretty. The corporate bear is one bear you never want to poke

One of these days the people giving the license is going to figure out what's going on and it won't be pretty. The corporate bear is one bear you never want to poke

They won't care as long as there getting there money & the more the better as far as there concerned

They won't care as long as there getting there money & the more the better as far as there concerned

Yup yup. They've already kind of done so with the DC license ES I suppose. More statues company selling and producing them is better to the big boss's of. Marvel, DC, etc

More SS bashing :rotfl
Love these XM threads :cuckoo:

I here so much about SS Q.C yet everything they've rolled out this year has been awesome.

Buy SS...Buy XM... Enjoy what you get. There's no need to slate the other company to make you feel better about your purchase.

More SS bashing :rotfl
Love these XM threads :cuckoo:

I here so much about SS Q.C yet everything they've rolled out this year has been awesome.

Buy SS...Buy XM... Enjoy what you get. There's no need to slate the other company to make you feel better about your purchase.

I don't think anyone is bashing SS. Personally I've got 17 SS items pre-ordered compared to 2 XM pieces

No bashing...no trashing just send the cash in for what you like. :lol:lol:lol

SS DC line is kicking A$$ for me....

XM pieces are kicking A$$ for me. Lovin it!

They will never get a statue for everyone to like. It's impossible. And to be honest, if I was sideshow. I'd pick the safest pose. Especially with how many they plan to make. One leg up, upper body flex all day. The key isn't to excite the most people in this business, it's to piss off the least. Haha

As an example with the upcoming XM poses, it's going to be hard to display them with anything else due to the bases. (Wolverine specifically). Please don't take this as me saying it's bad, and I guess I should wait to see more XM statues in the xmen line. But mixing that wolverine with something like the jean grey pf would look awkward to me.
Idk. I personally love the new sideshow stuff. Think the XM looks cool too, but is far out of my price range.

Who on God's green earth would want to even own that Jean Gray PF???? Man that is horrible AD!!! Maybe you like safe uninspired poses like Jean Gray and the Rogue PF (should I get my nails done today....airhead and clueless looking up in the sky pose). Me, I want something that represents the power of the character(s). Otherwise, I'd just take a museum pose of any old woman and call her Jean Gray.

This is my biggest problem with SS choice of poses for SOME of their statues. It makes no damn sense!

Who on God's green earth would want to even own that Jean Gray PF???? Man that is horrible AD!!! Maybe you like safe uninspired poses like Jean Gray and the Rogue PF (should I get my nails done today....airhead and clueless looking up in the sky pose). Me, I want something that represents the power of the character(s). Otherwise, I'd just take a museum pose of any old woman and call her Jean Gray.

This is my biggest problem with SS choice of poses for SOME of their statues. It makes no damn sense!

I understand. And I think the jean pose is very character based. That's a pose Jean would do when using her telepathy. But I agree with what you said. Some poses flop. But at the same time, some people sit on here an rip into poses like DD or Cap or Hulk and say they are basic and boring. They definitely are not.

I understand. And I think the jean pose is very character based. That's a pose Jean would do when using her telepathy. But I agree with what you said. Some poses flop. But at the same time, some people sit on here an rip into poses like DD or Cap or Hulk and say they are basic and boring. They definitely are not.

I agree with you savage. In fact, I like all three of the characters that you mentioned. Even the DD (which granted isn't the best pose for him....it is more suited for the Flash) is nicely done. Some folks like to overexaggerate on SS stuff. But sometimes it is warranted. I passed on the Cap from SS because I am not a fan of the gun toting Cap (although it was fine for the movie).

Like, Thor too. I'm not going to lie to your faces and say the hand on Thor is cool. But everything else about that pose is awesome! Just because his wrist is bent like that, he's getting very little love right now.

I don't think there is any reason to bash either company.

SSC puts out some amazing pieces. They look amazing, and when they are right on they have amazing paint and fabric apps. Now are there some stinkers? Hell yeah, all you have to do is look in the Spiderwoman thread to see how bad SSC can be. However, for every one of those there are 20 others with simple run of the mill QC issues, and another 10 that have pieces that look absolutely AMAZING! Do they have some issues with creativity, yes, but they put out a HUGE number of statues, and that is going to stretch you creatively.

XM appears to have an amazing QC department, excellent paint apps, amazing packaging, and they seem to listen to the input from the fans that are going to be buying the statues to the point that they add certain extras based on customer input. However, they have only put out 500 statues so far, and it is hard to say how all of the above might change if they start to get bigger. The bigger and more popular you get the more things fall through the cracks. I will say that I love the look of the Iron Mark VII proto they have molded, and I would love to see it painted. If I was going to get one XM statue I think that would be the one.

Honestly, I don't see the point of hammering either company. They both put out quality product. One just costs double is all, but many would say you are paying for the quality, and for a more rare statue.

So many people have been referencing spiderwoman for bad quality. I don't see it. What was poor quality on it? From the pics and videos, looks like a cool statue.

So many people have been referencing spiderwoman for bad quality. I don't see it. What was poor quality on it? From the pics and videos, looks like a cool statue.

The QC on that one was SO bad that SSC basically had to go back to the factory and do an entirely NEW production run just to get some acceptable replacement statues. There were a MASSIVE number of breaks, and worse yet at times the factory tried to cover them up with crappy gluing jobs and paint. Here two examples of the QC issues, but there were MANY more.

I posted my original pics on 73. I didn't bother putting her together earlier since it'll get replaced or refunded, I figured why bother getting used to it now. But I'm up late and figured just do it.

Glad I did because I discovered how the EX head is worse than I thought.

8410822040_69ea214c01.jpg

8410822270_89148fe0ce.jpg

8409726867_726f661fa4.jpg

8409727043_3e0b235866.jpg

8410823038_32ee573787.jpg

I thought it was the socket in the body that was damaged because both heads were going in weird. But a fiddled with the Reg head a little and it mostly went in. So I think the peg on the EX is extra crooked plus the socket in the body is off. The Reg is off but not as bad. After taking this pic I was able to get the Reg in more so the right shoulder connects, but what that did is make the back side of the left shoulder not align with the body.

8409727149_e13b8b7a85.jpg

Replacement arrived (this is replacement #2 after the foot was broken on my first replacement).

I want to laugh... but I can't.

Oh, and I looked at the base... pretty rough paint job.

Before someone says that this is a shipping problem instead of a customer service or quality assurance problem ... those delicate fingers were packed right against the foam padding... that's just not very smart.

That's 3 busted replacements in a row. When you pack THAT poorly... I'm gonna blame the customer service. You can't claim you have great quality control if you can't get the statue into the consumers hands in one piece nearly every time.

Oh well... at least my new Vision Ex (from a SSF board member) is okay.

They make sense in a team grouping, which is what Sideshow is going for

They make sense in a team grouping, which is what Sideshow is going for

Except that half of them have rock bases and the other half logo bases. Although you can get some cool aftermarket bases that allows you to put like Jean Grey on the same rock base as Cyclops for example...

Except that half of them have rock bases and the other half logo bases. Although you can get some cool aftermarket bases that allows you to put like Jean Grey on the same rock base as Cyclops for example...

The ones on rock bases are a matching pair to another statue

Like, Thor too. I'm not going to lie to your faces and say the hand on Thor is cool. But everything else about that pose is awesome! Just because his wrist is bent like that, he's getting very little love right now.

For me personally it wasn't only the wrist, the EX sword was a bad extra and his leg positioning while throwing just looks awkward to me... other than that I do like the sculpt....

For me personally it wasn't only the wrist, the EX sword was a bad extra and his leg positioning while throwing just looks awkward to me... other than that I do like the sculpt....

Me too. I will most likely get it. Just need the moo lah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back