XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to just by both I only read get x-men finally completed the sideshow lineup today :)

Very excited to get the xm line but also continue with sideshow

Best of both worlds really

I like both classic look of sideshow and the original representation of xm

So I am just happy with more options

My plan is to just by both I only read get x-men finally completed the sideshow lineup today :)

Very excited to get the xm line but also continue with sideshow

Best of both worlds really

I like both classic look of sideshow and the original representation of xm

So I am just happy with more options

:goodpost: And congrats again on completing the X-Men line Anthony :)

But yeah I'm with you. XM kind of came out of nowhere & have really excited me. SS will always be my main company of the 2 because of how much more XM will cost me to get imported over but SS to have blown me away especially these past 12 months. Gladiator Hulk, Apocalypse, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Lobo just to name a few.

As a collector of 1/4 Marvel statues, 2 company's making them is better than 1

Personally I wasn't bashing Sideshow, it's possible to critical of art work (although not on forums!).

Everyone has their own tastes, the thing is a lot of people collect these statue's just because they look cool, not because they know anything about the character, some people even just collect them because of the number stamped on the bottom. Then you have the people that have invested years reading comic books, background or generally know a character very well, they might have been following a character like Magneto or Wolverine since the 80's.

These groups of people don't really mix. Thats why you get people saying "I like the pose" and others saying "it's not a good representation".

Both groups could be right from their own point of view.

:goodpost: And congrats again on completing the X-Men line Anthony :)

But yeah I'm with you. XM kind of came out of nowhere & have really excited me. SS will always be my main company of the 2 because of how much more XM will cost me to get imported over but SS to have blown me away especially these past 12 months. Gladiator Hulk, Apocalypse, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Lobo just to name a few.

As a collector of 1/4 Marvel statues, 2 company's making them is better than 1

Thanks Steve very happy to be up to date ready for new xmen

I think it's just nice to have the choice of who to get it from. Should mean different poses different costumes. It's win win to the collector

Except that half of them have rock bases and the other half logo bases. Although you can get some cool aftermarket bases that allows you to put like Jean Grey on the same rock base as Cyclops for example...

That base is perfect...makes the statues very uniform altogether

I don't think there is any reason to bash either company.

SSC puts out some amazing pieces. They look amazing, and when they are right on they have amazing paint and fabric apps. Now are there some stinkers? Hell yeah, all you have to do is look in the Spiderwoman thread to see how bad SSC can be. However, for every one of those there are 20 others with simple run of the mill QC issues, and another 10 that have pieces that look absolutely AMAZING! Do they have some issues with creativity, yes, but they put out a HUGE number of statues, and that is going to stretch you creatively.

XM appears to have an amazing QC department, excellent paint apps, amazing packaging, and they seem to listen to the input from the fans that are going to be buying the statues to the point that they add certain extras based on customer input. However, they have only put out 500 statues so far, and it is hard to say how all of the above might change if they start to get bigger. The bigger and more popular you get the more things fall through the cracks. I will say that I love the look of the Iron Mark VII proto they have molded, and I would love to see it painted. If I was going to get one XM statue I think that would be the one.

Honestly, I don't see the point of hammering either company. They both put out quality product. One just costs double is all, but many would say you are paying for the quality, and for a more rare statue.

Thanks Steve very happy to be up to date ready for new xmen

I think it's just nice to have the choice of who to get it from. Should mean different poses different costumes. It's win win to the collector

Very very cool and good posts. I agree 100%. More power to the collectors!

So many people have been referencing spiderwoman for bad quality. I don't see it. What was poor quality on it? From the pics and videos, looks like a cool statue.

Savage....really????? Now THAT was a statue of EPIC FAILNESS of the highest order. The QC was butt horribad on Spiderwoman. Uninspired pose as well.

Savage....really????? Now THAT was a statue of EPIC FAILNESS of the highest order. The QC was butt horribad on Spiderwoman. Uninspired pose as well.

He wasn't around for that whole mess. He posts as much as I do, or almost, but he wasn't here for all of that...lol

Dear xm can you please reveal the finished thor, so I know to cancel the SS version or not.

Dear xm can you please reveal the finished thor, so I know to cancel the SS version or not.

... of course you do... I didn't order the modern one, but I am selling my classic pf ex once I get my XM Thor.

Last edited:
Forgot about XM Thor. Hopefully it comes with many display option as well

Latest Thor

IMG_7762.JPG
IMG_7763.JPG
IMG_7764.JPG
IMG_7765.JPG
IMG_7766.JPG
IMG_7767.JPG
IMG_7768.JPG
IMG_7769.JPG

Thor's looking good. So change of head and arms so far?

Lookin better than SS. The cape is nice, reminds me of Superman

Loving how this is turning out so far. I still think the hammer's a wee bit big but that's the only gripe I have thus far. This should be an easy order to replace SS's in my lineup (but I'll still keep the SS one cause that bad boy is epically big lol)

I love the finger point pose, pure gangsta! Waiting for the full reveal before canceling the SS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back