[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture I like that sculpt. The hair and proportions of her head look very good. Might be my favorite of the custom portraits so far.

Your custom portraits turned out great Mule! The paint apps look great and bring a sense of realism in terms of skin tone. The heads look a bit more in proportion from what I can see. I'm not really feeling the Dark Phoenix eyes, but that's only due to comic accuracy and the fact that I hated X3. It still looks great.

If I didn't already have the McDevitt sculpt, I would jump on this no doubt. Great job and congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, these are the BEST head sculpts I've seen for this piece. They really bring the statue to life. Well done.

Is the Dark Phoenix another statue ...repainted? Or is it the same statue ...just photoshopped red?

Custom head gallery: https://imgur.com/a/efKSm

TI3wDKm.jpg

GuY1toR.jpg

I5nmzVV.jpg

qrBdzMA.jpg

ZJBj2nX.jpg

qTWXI21.jpg

6XuIBxC.jpg

ytpLL1u.jpg

Very nice! So many variants! :clap

Thanks to everyone, much appreciated :)
There are a pair of collectors who are getting these paint samples that should be able to take more pics

Is the Dark Phoenix another statue ...repainted? Or is it the same statue ...just photoshopped red?

I wish I had an extra Phoenix and extra cash to paint one red :D

Yea. I hear ya.

It looks really good photoshopped red. Having another one to repaint into Dark Phoenix would be killer.

One of the best custom heads I've ever seen. The sculpt is awesome and there are so many cool options. Love it !! Too bad she costed me enough money to prevent me from spending even more with those. But they do look fantastic.

One of the best custom heads I've ever seen. The sculpt is awesome and there are so many cool options. Love it !! Too bad she costed me enough money to prevent me from spending even more with those. But they do look fantastic.

These are amazing. I like them way more than the other custom head out there. This is the one i'm getting and it's perfect imo.
qTWXI21.jpg

These are amazing. I like them way more than the other custom head out there. This is the one i'm getting and it's perfect imo.
qTWXI21.jpg

Now I really wish I would have bought the XM Phoenix. IMO, these portraits are amazing and really put the statue over the top. I was never blown away by the original portraits so I passed on Phoenix. I'm regretting that decision after seeing these amazing portraits. She looks perfect now.

And this one's mine! Just waiting for it to arrive.
ZJBj2nX.jpg

Now I really wish I would have bought the XM Phoenix. IMO, these portraits are amazing and really put the statue over the top. I was never blown away by the original portraits so I passed on Phoenix. I'm regretting that decision after seeing these amazing portraits. She looks perfect now.

I only bought this statue because I knew this head was coming, so I understand completely.

Thanks everyone for the support, there was a ton of work involved and we're quite glad of the results :)

So are these available? :)

They are, but they are being sold unpainted. There is a really small batch of prepainted ones that's pretty much already sold out.
Reason behind selling them unpainted is that I wasn't crazy about the paint apps on many custom heads I've seen in the past, so I got in touch with a lot of referenced painters willing to take on paint commissions for you - there are 4 in the US, 4 in Europe, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Brazil, 1 in Australia.
The cost on the unpainted head is of course very reasonable and after doing some math I think that all in all this will cost less than many other custom heads, but you'll have it pro painted by someone of your chosing.
For full infos, PM here or on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AtlasStudioCollectibles/?fref=ts
:)

EDIT: to be 101% transparent, the prepainted ones have been sold at $195 each + shipping, shipping is $40 in most countries of the world (with EMS) and around 15€ in Europe. So a total of $210-235 finished depending on location, which I feel is quite fair given the size of the sculpt and complexity of casting. Some of the painters on the list have lower rates than my painter, too

Last edited:
Back