[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some shots of my custom head.

IMG_5615.jpgIMG_5614.jpgIMG_5613.jpgIMG_5612.jpgIMG_5610.jpgIMG_5609.jpgIMG_5608.jpgIMG_5607.jpg

Thanks! Yes, not cheap. I had to get a replacement due to paints issues. But the replacement came in fine, and for some reason, I didn't have to pay customs the second time around. Phew!

Thanks! Yes, not cheap. I had to get a replacement due to paints issues. But the replacement came in fine, and for some reason, I didn't have to pay customs the second time around. Phew!

Congrats on the custom head DarthChris! It really elevates the statue for me.

What are your thoughts on the proportion of the custom head compared to the body?

I think the head is a little smaller than the packaged heads but it doesn't disrupt the head to body proportion too much. I still prefer the custom portrait. But I will say that the paint apps are better with the XM heads in terms of finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautifulll

Thanks! :)

Nice statue, custom part and photos!

Thank you. :)

What are your thoughts on the proportion of the custom head compared to the body?

It's a bit smaller than the regular heads. But the face has long features, which suits the long limbs of the body. So overall, I find it to be a very good fit.
The paint execution is not as tight as on the regular heads - it's not as clean. But it still looks very good. I'm displaying the piece with this head for now, and I am very satisfied. It was rather expensive, but when I like a statue, I don't mind investing a bit in it.

Congrats on the custom head DarthChris! It really elevates the statue for me.

I think the head is a little smaller than the packaged heads but it doesn't disrupt the head to body proportion too much. I still prefer the custom portrait. But I will say that the paint apps are better with the XM heads in terms of finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I find that it does the same for me, buddy. Really happy with this. I agree with your points.

It's a bit smaller than the regular heads. But the face has long features, which suits the long limbs of the body. So overall, I find it to be a very good fit.
The paint execution is not as tight as on the regular heads - it's not as clean. But it still looks very good. I'm displaying the piece with this head for now, and I am very satisfied. It was rather expensive, but when I like a statue, I don't mind investing a bit in it.
Very cool and congrats bud!

So the custom head is even smaller than the original heads which were already small enough ? Damn... someone please make a custom bubble head for this in order to have the right proportions lol... jk. All heads look pretty decent (the original angry one with blank eyes being my favourite) but they all lack the right proportions IMO.

For me the original powered up head is perfect. I just can't find a reason to display any other heads or invest in this custom. I have an order for it but I just don't think I'll use it

Definitely love this XM portrait as well. And I like the other two XM portraits, too.

That being said ...I also have the custom portrait ...only because Phoenix is one of my favorite characters and I'm willing to splurge on this piece. Besides, the custom portrait looks good, too.

Back