XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I love that pic. I think SS jaded me towards 1/4 X-men, leading me to believe I would never have a 1/4 team, XM seems to be putting those fears to rest now haha.

Ugh, I love that pic. I think SS jaded me towards 1/4 X-men, leading me to believe I would never have a 1/4 team, XM seems to be putting those fears to rest now haha.

That is EXACTLY the way I feel. I had no hope for a 1/4 classic era X-MEN collection. Dare I belive XM can do what SSC could not? I need just 5 characters. Cyclops, Phoenix, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm in their classic Byrne/Cockrum costumes. I'll be keeping my Wolvie COM. Love it too much to replace it with another Wolvie statue. I'm really looking forward to more reveals in the X-MEN line. Maybe, just maybe....

That is EXACTLY the way I feel. I had no hope for a 1/4 classic era X-MEN collection. Dare I belive XM can do what SSC could not? I need just 5 characters. Cyclops, Phoenix, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm in their classic Byrne/Cockrum costumes. I'll be keeping my Wolvie COM. Love it too much to replace it with another Wolvie statue. I'm really looking forward to more reveals in the X-MEN line. Maybe, just maybe....

What happened to Beast and especially Angel bro??? What about Rogue and Gambit????

This one
6adb164e3bd287bdb3e3f1bb16f19671_zpsc7ac18b4.jpg

I'm guessing by that photo alone that he's going to have a hard time fitting into a Besta without hanging over the edge. I could be wrong but it looks plenty deep and I would really want it positioned to be looked at head on.

What happened to Beast and especially Angel bro??? What about Rogue and Gambit????

I just want a classic Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus in 1/4 scale. That's all I need. I don't have enough space to get every X-character I want so I have no problems restricting it to those 6 characters. For my X-Villains I need Apocalypse and Magneto. I'm keeping my Wolvie Com so I can cross him off my list now, along with Apocalypse (I have the PF). I can't see any way I pass on the XM Mags so it looks like I'm good there. The next step is seeing how the XM Phoenix turns out. If it looks great, that would leave me with just 4 more characters I need. The thing I hate about collecting a set or line of characters is that there's almost always at least one dud in the line up. That means I'll have to eat it to complete the set or hope another company makes a better one if I choose to pass. I hate being in that position. That's why I hesitate to start 1/4 lines. It requires quite a bit of faith to think you'll at least like every sculpt in a lineup. If SSC or XM miss on one of the characters, who knows when or if we'll see a revisit.

I just want a classic Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Colossus in 1/4 scale. That's all I need. I don't have enough space to get every X-character I want so I have no problems restricting it to those 6 characters. For my X-Villains I need Apocalypse and Magneto. I'm keeping my Wolvie Com so I can cross him off my list now, along with Apocalypse (I have the PF). I can't see any way I pass on the XM Mags so it looks like I'm good there. The next step is seeing how the XM Phoenix turns out. If it looks great, that would leave me with just 4 more characters I need. The thing I hate about collecting a set or line of characters is that there's almost always at least one dud in the line up. That means I'll have to eat it to complete the set or hope another company makes a better one if I choose to pass. I hate being in that position. That's why I hesitate to start 1/4 lines. It requires quite a bit of faith to think you'll at least like every sculpt in a lineup. If SSC or XM miss on one of the characters, who knows when or if we'll see a revisit.

I get what you saying...but XM so far form proto pics have 3 mutants done...and all 3 look phenomenal. Why would you doubt Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus (my most anticipated X-Man....he's tied for 3rd as far as my favorite comic characters go) would be any different?

Time will tell.

I have sold all my SS X-Men... maybe XM Xmen can lure me back in this line.

I was content just having Rogue and Gambit but now I want this and hope they keep em coming. Wolverine looks like another buy as well

I have sold all my SS X-Men... maybe XM Xmen can lure me back in this line.

Then you must not have had Gambit cause he was perfect! Stormy is great as well.. Psylocke if you managed to avoid the paint cracking plague... I have Rogue which goes great with Gambit. Now some of the others..... Cyclops, Emma, and Wolverine..... Not so good. Wolverine CQ was pretty good as long as the masked face was displayed! HopinG to replace some of my Xmen line with some XM beauties as well.

But SS Xmen have X Bases and googly eyes!!!!! How can XM compete with those types of features? It's not like XM gIves you a bunch of swap out parts and multiple portraits or anything

haha yup. My Psylocke had spider cracks in the base. I just got the custom base from pathfinder for Rogue and Gambit. That things amazing. Highly recommended. Oh, and lets not forget I have Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm on rock bases. I will give SS credit for putting a cool magneto helmet on the Cyclops base but then again, its nestled in the back in a corner beneath the rock where no one can see it :thud:

haha yup. My Psylocke had spider cracks in the base. I just got the custom base from pathfinder for Rogue and Gambit. That things amazing. Highly recommended. Oh, and lets not forget I have Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm on rock bases. I will give SS credit for putting a cool magneto helmet on the Cyclops base but then again, its nestled in the back in a corner beneath the rock where no one can see it :thud:
I've seen that base. It's awesome. I think Ant had it as well. Pretty cool
the Mags helmet was an awesome part of the base(when you can see it) . The light up was also pretty cool on him but the ex portrait was not SSs best work. I'll be curious to see how XM does Cyclops. I'm a big Xmen fan as well so I am throughly looking forward to this line. Sentinel bases and all.

But SS Xmen have X Bases and googly eyes!!!!! How can XM compete with those types of features? It's not like XM gIves you a bunch of swap out parts and multiple portraits or anything

:lol:lol:lol

Then you must not have had Gambit cause he was perfect! Stormy is great as well.. Psylocke if you managed to avoid the paint cracking plague... I have Rogue which goes great with Gambit. Now some of the others..... Cyclops, Emma, and Wolverine..... Not so good. Wolverine CQ was pretty good as long as the masked face was displayed! HopinG to replace some of my Xmen line with some XM beauties as well.

I actually had Gambit, I collected only the ones with the X bases, as I wanted a uniform look. But once I saw XM Magneto, I figure i try my chance and unload all SS and save up for XM. Let's hope they turn out great =)

And why hasn't SS made Professor X or Magneto yet? They are the main villain and good guy if I am not mistaken :cuckoo:

I agree the SS Gambit was definitely the best X-man statue they have done. I have an issue with Storm though....and this is what pisses me off about SS. What the hell is that pose of Storm's? What the hell is she doing???? I sure as hell hope XM creates a pose where she is creating a tornado or flying in the air (a pose that represents her powers of some sort.....like Phoenix). The sculpt of the SS Storm was awesome! Great face and beauty of the Queen of Wakanda, however, the pose was just dull as hell.

Believe it or not, I was one of the people that loved the SS Cyclops. I thought they did a bang up job on him. The jacket was hell on earth to put on him though.:lol But that was the perfect representation of that character. His mutant power is to fire optic blasts. That's what SS had him doing and it was the perfect pose with the perfect costume. Emma was a tragedy....Wolverine was fine except for the consistent pansy ass yellow and blue color, and Colossus was probably my second favorite of all the X-men SS has done.

Jean Gray, Rogue, that absolute monstrosity of a Beast comiquette they did, and the Iceman were all less than stellar.....Rogue being the absolute worst of the bunch.

Sorry to ramble, I still have hurt expectations and feelings regarding those. And then the bases were all over the damn place! Some x-bases, some rock bases, etc. etc.

Back