XM Studios - Darkseid War 1/6 scale Diorama Premiun Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either way, this definitely will be similar price to Sentinel. And there is only a super small market for this. Those with mansion and deep pockets.

Where are you getting 300. Sorry bub, some of the best 1/6 resin statues are made by Koto and are sold at an msrp price of 219.99 and usually go down. Bowen is not relevant anymore when it comes to price because all Bowen pieces are basically aftermarket priced. So you are looking at 1555 for the seven pieces. Add a oversized darkseid and a base and you still don't come close to what they will be charging for this piece.

The average 1/4 size statue from XM is over 700 dollars, that's usually with tax built in. I doubt the tax is 300+. I know prices are shooting up but average Sideshow piece is pushing around 500. 200 dollars makes a big diff. and that's if you can actually get the XM statue for SRP. Keep believing in the hype and they will keep charging higher prices.

I'm trying to be realistic with numbers, keep in mind that judging by the concepts, the bases on the XM diorama are going to be bigger than Koto pieces, and I doubt that XM will sell as many as Koto, so they're going to be more limited and more expensive.
The 1:6 Street Fighter pieces by Prototypez and PCS are imho a better comparison, and those are in the 300-350$ range.

The talks about retail price don't make much sense to me. Here in Europe, Sideshow prices retail for higher anyway. Hulk vs Wolverine dio is sold at an average of 800$, the 500$ PF are usually sold at around 600$, Prime1 pieces have huge markups (over 1000$ for Geralt, around 1400$ for the 1:3 ones).
This is talking about Regulars. If we want Exclusives, add up around 25% in customs fees stacked to retail price+shipping, and we're into XM territory anyway.

As you can see, there is no "hype", there's just a matter of what area you live in and what your alternatives are.
The real problem is that americans always want everything served on a silver platter, readily available with a few clicks and obviously at the lowest possible price - be damned if there are high shipping costs and taxes involved, that's stuff for other countries to deal with.
People who pay around 700$ for the XM Punisher and then have to pay 600-650$ for the average (Regular) PF, for them it's not hype, it's a damn solid alternative. They might be a minority of collectors, but XM produces 500-999 pieces for each character - not some thousands.

For the Dio, I expect it to be cheaper than the one with the Sentinel, I don't think Darkseid will be as big as the Sentinel and I wouldn't use concept arts as a measure for actual size/proportions and such. We'll see, if it's just too high I'll simply pass on it. Passing on stuff is kinda easy these times.

The real problem is that americans always want everything served on a silver platter, readily available with a few clicks and obviously at the lowest possible price - be damned if there are high shipping costs and taxes involved, that's stuff for other countries to deal with.
People who pay around 700$ for the XM Punisher and then have to pay 600-650$ for the average (Regular) PF, for them it's not hype, it's a damn solid alternative.

Not going to argue about that, the millennials in America want bargains. Even when it comes to boutique shopping :). I would argue though that Sideshow PF pieces are a better quality then XM and Iron Studios, again why I feel like XM is OP.

Weird that they're going with a Darkseid Giant like the New 52 yet all the JLA is the old traditional costumed characters?
I would have rather seen them fight maybe the Anti-Monitor who actually has been giant size and who reflects a Sentinel more.

XM Justice League vs. Darkseid Diorama !!

This is shaping up to be Outstanding ... the Big Guns have come out !!

21371210_1505823842804190_2219847782221316318_n.jpg

Re: XM Justice League vs. Darkseid Diorama !!

I'd love to know what the dimensions will be on this bad boy!

I would also like to know how that Superman is going to be held up.

Last edited:

As a Marvel fan, I am totally jealous. I would sell off a sizable chunk of my collection to make room for something like this.

It's 1/6 scale, so maybe around $4000 US. Shipping will be a ***** too.

WOW! The OG Big 7 in their classic costumes. No New52, no Cyborg, and no crappy costumes. This is what it's all about. Hats off to XM! This is how you do it!

Beautiful but at its cost, it is out for me. Will love seeing the progress of it to final product though.

Incredible piece!

I just find it funny that GL would conjure up a circular saw in fight against Darkseid. Lol!

Love Classic but if this is Classic why is Darkseid still so Large?

Back