XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more I think about this set, the more I only want to get the Sentinel and Colossus. Bishop and Jubilee aren't in my top 20 X-Men characters that I'd want statues of on my shelf. Beast is ok. Psylocke is a must but the sample they showed was really off for the face and the details of her outfit. If the other characters were Archangel, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Psylocke then I'd be in 100% Same as if any of the characters were Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, or Iceman.

The more I think about this set, the more I only want to get the Sentinel and Colossus. Bishop and Jubilee aren't in my top 20 X-Men characters that I'd want statues of on my shelf. Beast is ok. Psylocke is a must but the sample they showed was really off for the face and the details of her outfit. If the other characters were Archangel, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Psylocke then I'd be in 100% Same as if any of the characters were Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, or Iceman.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these being sold in sets? Can you buy individual pieces? I thought these were being sold in 2 sets and you had to buy a complete set in order to PO these.l

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these being sold in sets? Can you buy individual pieces? I thought these were being sold in 2 sets and you had to buy the complete set in order to PO these.

I don't know if it's still this way or not, but I thought they said you had the choice between buying the full set and just the Sentinel and Colossus. If it's just the fell set, I'm out.

I don't know if it's still this way or not, but I thought they said you had the choice between buying the full set and just the Sentinel and Colossus. If it's just the fell set, I'm out.

OK, I wish these were individually sold but I can't see how they could do that. I'd buy Nightcrawler in a heartbeat if that's the case. However, given the limited ES associated with XM, I can see this being sold only in complete sets. If they quickly sell out of a couple of popular characters, people that want a set may be out of luck. It'll be interesting to see how XM handles the PO for this.

I don't know if it was in this thread or over at SF, but they showed a white board with upcoming releases and prices. This showed a price of $6000 SGD. So, even though they originally talked about Sentinel and Colossus being sold as a unit with others to come later, I think the consensus is now that this is a set only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these being sold in sets? Can you buy individual pieces? I thought these were being sold in 2 sets and you had to buy a complete set in order to PO these.l
I feel the same way, my understanding is that there are 2 dio sets and they will only be sold together as a set (sets A and B), which is why I had to pass and my money goes to their Hulkbuster instead. This saves me from ripping out a wall or two in the house to make room for these dios anyway lol.

I was really only interested in the Sentinels in each of the dios quite honestly, as well as Archangel and maybe Colossus in the first dio set. The sentinel looks insanely good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I don't know if it was in this thread or over at SF, but they showed a white board with upcoming releases and prices. This showed a price of $6000 SGD. So, even though they originally talked about Sentinel and Colossus being sold as a unit with others to come later, I think the consensus is now that this is a set only.

I feel the same way, my understanding is that there are 2 dio sets and they will only be sold together as a set (sets A and B), which is why I had to pass and my money goes to their Hulkbuster instead. This saves me from ripping out a wall or two in the house to make room for these dios anyway lol.

I was really only interested in the Sentinels in each of the dios quite honestly, as well as Archangel and maybe Colossus in the first dio set. The sentinel looks insanely good.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, XM is selling these in complete sets just like you guys mentioned (Sets A & B).

Too bad, the original idea of selling standalone pieces was good. They were meant to have their own base and you could put them on the Sentinel if you picked that up too.
It was a good idea because it simultaneously dipped into two different markets - the one of smaller and cheaper 1/6 pieces and the one of high end huge stuff.

If it's only sold as the entire set then I'll wait for the DC one. Colossus is one of my favorite characters so I'd spend the money to get a statue of him going against a Sentinel. The other characters just aren't worth the extra money to me.

Too bad, the original idea of selling standalone pieces was good. They were meant to have their own base and you could put them on the Sentinel if you picked that up too.
It was a good idea because it simultaneously dipped into two different markets - the one of smaller and cheaper 1/6 pieces and the one of high end huge stuff.

I thought it was a great idea, too.

Double the market. Include the customers that want to pick and choose. While including the customers that want to order the whole set all at once. Then that way the Sentinel vs Colossus could be made to order.

IMO, collectors that have a few or all of the pieces would be more easily swayed to ordering the Sentinel vs Colossus anyway ...which would be a benefit for XM.

The dio sets aren't being sold together. But you do have to pay $6000 sgd for this first set. and most likely another $6000 for the 2nd set. This is definitely for only the high end market collectors. They are only making these to order as well, so you will find that they will become extremely rare pieces and most likely will go very high in price in aftermarket if they come out spectacular.

The dio sets aren't being sold together. But you do have to pay $6000 sgd for this first set. and most likely another $6000 for the 2nd set. This is definitely for only the high end market collectors. They are only making these to order as well, so you will find that they will become extremely rare pieces and most likely will go very high in price in aftermarket if they come out spectacular.
Sorry for the confusion, my words are a little muddy I guess - didnt mean to sound like both sets were being sold together - from my understanding each dio set is its own (and sold separate), the characters in each dio cannot be sold separately - now I think we're all on the same page. No doubt its going to be a jaw dropper and set a mark for high end collectibles thats for sure. Massive congrats to anyone who can pick this up!

"Another member of xmen in the sentinel dio done....BISHOP!!!
See you in STGCC...."

XM Studios Facebook

13901325_1718821865005172_8883636144140145390_n.jpg

13939290_1718821881671837_4287424620227947284_n.jpg

It will be quite the site to see this thing all done. too much $$$ for me, but no doubt it will be the ultimate acquisition for any hardcore x-men fan.

Yea ...I'm looking forward to seeing this all together as well. Can't wait ....

If I sold my current collection of xmen, SS sentinel dio Col and Cyclops, Bowen bishop on sentinel head, Bowen beast, SS sentinel. (i don't have an archangel, psylock or jubilee. I also don't have Gambit or Wolverine) I am at about half... Then After I get it will my IS Mags, Koto Rogue, Bowen Cable, Bowen Emma frost, Bowen Nightcrawler, Bowen Storm fit in? would I be able to add them into the display and look like they all belong? Dammit there is a lot to think about.

Back