Action Figure Xensation AF21 FFVII Cloud

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad. Cloud is my favorite character, ever. Would've love to have a 1:6. It's kind of weird since there's that Yuna kit, 2 AC Tifas are coming out, there's the FFVII Tifa kit and Cindy. Can't believe they sold, but not Cloud. There's also all the Nier sets.

Also just got the cancellation notice. What a bummer! Hopefully someone else will eventually release a Cloud figure. (Of course, now that the remake’s been delayed, there’s plenty of time...)

As for why those other figures are making it and not Cloud, the only thing I can see that those really have in common is that they’re all female. Are there a bunch of fans who are buying 1/6 figures of their videogame waifus but won’t buy any of the dudes? Or folks who will buy cool-looking female figures without being fans of the series that won’t do the same for the guys? (Interestingly, it’s kind of the opposite of Hot Toys, where it’s only in the last few years we’ve been seeing female characters even semi-consistently get released.)

Sadly the only one of those other figures that’s even tempted me is Yuna, as that’s the only one that has the likeness up to par for me. (Well, Cindy looks decent, I just find her character kind of meh and not particularly major. In fact, I think that supports my above point; before we get any of the actual main characters of FFXV in 1/6, we get a fairly minor supporting character who also happens to be the “hot chick” character.)

This is a true shame. One of the figures I had on pre-order. I simply cannot keep up with Marvel, Star Wars etc, and it was nice to get something different. Hopefully this doesn't stop people from taking a chance with more unique IPs.

Back