Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this site created by Microsoft where xbox users ideas, frustrations and rants can be heard

https://xbox.uservoice.com/

Just go on there and sign in with your Hotmail account. You can vote up other users ideas or ofcourse give your own.

They took out a lot of things, and are slowly adding it all back. I still can't understand why we don't have voice messages anymore.

It's been a while since I played on LIVE, but do they still have the private chat? I'd play modern warfare with a friend, and we'd create a privat chat to talk without having to listen to the retarded 12 y/o kids.

Looks like Microsoft are dropping the price of the XBone a further $50 from Nov.2 to Jan.3 in the US.

Heard that the November update is rolling out this weekend. Judging from what i have read so far it seems that USA owners have already received it whilst us poor folk in the UK (and Australia) are still waiting for it.

It's a good update and supposedly the last big one of the year. I wouldn't worry too much though, it'll hit soon. All it really adds is customization to the dashboard and profile stuff.

Ok thought I might ask a fellow freak for some help with this. Iv searched but cant find any info... after christmas in the featured section on the xb1 dashboard, there was this happy holidays window from xbox live with 3 dynamic backgrounds, a fire place, snow scene and a beach. Looked really great. Now I cant find where they are now. Does anyone know...? do we get to keep these ? Was it for one day only lol ?

Im sure they said it was a festive gift or something like that.

Anyone else having an issue where the system is no longer doing recordings? It stopped working about a week ago, and didnt even noticed til i was searching through my clips.

They have some amount of the console power dedicated for things like the OS and the Kinect functions, they're allowing games to use some of that power if they aren't using certain features. Used to be you couldn't use any of the power the Kinect uses if you don't use it, but they changed that since now not everyone has a Kinect.

Apparently they're looking at hiring new people to overhaul the avatar system. I wonder if we'll be seeing avatars based on the Kinect sports tech for the xbone.

Im still waiting for voice messages, kinect voice intergration for youtube app, and custom soundtracks that you can listen to whilst gaming. Since i bought Kinect though, the console experience has improved greatly.

Just got the February update. The transparent tiles are pretty cool as you can see your background better but certain tiles like the games and certain apps still have solid backgrounds. Also no adjusting the transparency, not yet anyways.

Also there's a game hub option where you can go into any game and see not only your stats but how you stack up against people in your friends list. For instance in AC: Unity there's time played, overall progress, single player missions, co-op, Paris stories, assassinations, kills, etc. Pretty awesome actually.

So what does this mean? That the xbone will finally catch up to the ps4 in terms of performance or that at least their games will run better?

It's hard to say--for one, the game developer has to modify the game to support DX12, so not necessarily every game will improve. The possible performance increase might not be enough to make it run as fast as the PS4, but I'm sure once stuff gets updated there will be technical comparisons to find out.

One of the concerns though is that DX12 gets more performance partially by pushing the hardware, which means they may not want to use it since it could make the console run hotter.

Back