Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just netflix? Hoping others follow suit. (the link doesnt work or rather points you to a news tip form.)

Little tidbit that isn't getting much news. For the Games for Gold promotion on Xbox One you will need an ACTIVE subscription to play the free games after you "purchase" them. This is identical to the PS+ model. This is only for the free Xbox One games and not the 360 games.

Some interesting news. I've had this since Black Friday and have enjoyed playing it but I haven't touched Kinect. :lol I like the new changes to the Games for Gold.

Sony making MS look like amateurs at this.
No doubt. :hi5:

Some interesting news. I've had this since Black Friday and have enjoyed playing it but I haven't touched Kinect. :lol I like the new changes to the Games for Gold.

I'm not surprised really.
MS's vision of the Kinect concept just doesn't work for most gamers.

They've made some horrible decisions with the Xbox One. :lol

I don't mind having the Kinect, it's nifty and it contributes to my laziness by letting me quickly go to things instead of searching but man was the Kinect use crap with the games so far. Every game I have that used it was useless. Be4 headtracking, dead rising shouting out and distracting psychopaths, Ryse orders that you rarely got to use. I'll gladly take that extra 10% towards gameplay

At one point, didn 't MS have the Titan bundle at 450? But if these means more processing power for the system, for better performance, guess this could be a good thing?

DRM is integral!

Was not, gone!

Kinect is integral!

Was not, gone!

Holy lack of vision Batman.

Spencer should fire the entire design team.

Class Action law suits are imminent, watch.

Less than a year and a MAJOR component of the system, that we ALL paid for mind you, has been reduced to an accessory that will have even LESS games designed for it than we have now.

Think of the graphics quality upgrade that could've been inside the box had the R&D budget not been spent on DRM/Kinext!

Had they done this from the start, this machine would've been a beast like the PS4.

If you own an X1, you should be really pissed off right about now.

Holy crap MS, WTF.

Seriously.

Last edited:
Now that MS has told me this expensive camera I had to buy with my XBone is useless I'd like to disconnect it and put it away.... oh wait. XBone won't let me.

Hey MS, how about a system update to stop checking for this optional piece of hardware?

I shoulda bought a PS4.

DRM is integral!

Was not, gone!

Kinect is integral!

Was not, gone!

Holy lack of vision Batman.

Spencer should fire the entire design team.

Class Action law suits are imminent, watch.

Less than a year and a MAJOR component of the system, that we ALL paid for mind you, has been reduced to an accessory that will have even LESS games designed for it than we have now.

Think of the graphics quality upgrade that could've been inside the box had the R&D budget not been spent on DRM/Kinext!

Had they done this from the start, this machine would've been a beast like the PS4.

If you own an X1, you should be really pissed off right about now.

Holy crap MS, WTF.

Seriously.

Not all would be next gen gamers went out and bought the XB1 on the first day.
Alot of you guys don't have patience and have to have the next big thing so you don't feel left out regardless of the obvious writing on the wall and the numerous back peddling at the out set. I don't feel bad for anyone who threw money at M$ right out of the gate.
Anyone paying attention shouldve known the dust was going to take some months to settle on these two consoles.
Congrats to all those that waited and those that will wait even longer.

Nope, that doesn't apply.

They are removing an integral component (their words) POST launch, not PRE launch.

Might as well rip half of the memory out while they're at it.

They should be subjected to litigation for this.

This Kinect was never sold as an accessory, it was sold as a critical piece of the infrastructure.

Back