Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no? :slap:slap:slap So you can't just install the game on as many consoles as you want, get offline and play the game.... yeah bummer.

As far as I'm concerned it will only affect multiplayer but the customer gained much much more.
Actually no you even when installed it requires the disk:slap

Tell Tower records and places like that , that physical media isn't on the way out. Oh wait there gone directly because of physical media going away.

Guys, now that we're having the discussion, I believe that digital media should extend to Hot Toys figures too. Because digital is so much better than physical. Instead of paying $300 for a figure, we'll pay $300 for some high res images. Is that a great idea, or what????

We'll even be able to access our digital figures on cloud servers and all that gnarly ****.

Tell Tower records and places like that , that physical media isn't on the way out. Oh wait there gone directly because of physical media going away.

Ok good bye Tower records :duff, but I will say hello to the many many other record stores. They aren't gone because of physical media going away. They probably ****ed up financially and they paid for it. People said the same thing about cds when Itunes started getting big yet I still see a ton of cds being sold. I wish I could find the states somewhere, but it shows vinyl sales have been increasing each and every year. I don't remember what year they started to rise, but since then they have not dropped, but rose quite a bit.

I'm so confused. :lol

Help me Gaspar. :lol

:lol from what I've read, you can still purchase a game, download it and play it, so in theory, you can log in on another Xbox, download it, go off line and play it too.

It would only affect multiplayer I guess.

Guys, now that we're having the discussion, I believe that digital media should extend to Hot Toys figures too. Because digital is so much better than physical. Instead of paying $300 for a figure, we'll pay $300 for some high res images. Is that a great idea, or what????

We'll even be able to access our digital figures on cloud servers and all that gnarly ****.

Or some 3D models! :clap I'm sold!

Imagine how much shelf space we'd all save!

Lol from what I've read, you can still purchase a game, download it and play it, so in theory, you can log in on another Xbox, download it, go off line and play it too.

It would only affect multiplayer I guess.

Or some 3D models! :clap I'm sold!

Honestly I would rather pay a subscription price like netflix where I could just stream my figures. That way I can enjoy all sorts of different ones each month.

@IGN @GameOverGreggy Microsoft only changed its policies because of SONY! Not because of gamers! This is not an apology. This is surrender.
6:09 PM - 19 Jun 2013

@IGN @GameOverGreggy Microsoft only changed its policies because of SONY! Not because of gamers! This is not an apology. This is surrender.

They can say what they want, but people voted with their wallets and their voices (fingers? :dunno) and that hit them hard-

So, they still are willing to keep slapping their fans huh?

disapprove.gif

That sounds like an excercise in scemantics, but ultimately, who gives a s$&t why MS came to their senses? As long as they did, it's not important.

With this news, I might consider on getting one when the price drops. But I'm definitely getting a PS4 on launch day.

There's some Xbox One exclusives that I really want to play, like Sunset Overdrive. So it's possible that I may get one in the future.

Just imagine all those engineering hours spent creating an infrastructure back end that was going to handle all that DRM crap.

Flick of the switch, yeah we're no longer doing that.

I'm still shocked over this, how do you just change years of development like that.

Just imagine all those engineering hours spent creating an infrastructure back end that was going to handle all that DRM crap.

I'm still shocked over this, how do you just change years of development like that.

It obviously wasn't overly complicated in the first place. Better to do it now other than wait and have a real problem.

I also agree about disks being made obsolete. Disks have limitations. This will be their downfall in the near future when we get into the realms of massive chunks of data. This has been the way it's always been.

It will make much more sense to have your game library on a small drive or in the cloud. For those that like boxes? Well, that's not really my thing.

I was thinking that as well - they had to have spent a lot of time and money figuring that out or implementing it....

That sounds like an excercise in scemantics, but ultimately, who gives a s$&t why MS came to their senses? As long as they did, it's not important.

it should be important, because they didn't do it because they LISTENED to gamers, because they LOVE their consumer and want to make you happy.
If they were able to get away with this and nickel and dime and control you they would have.

To now spin it as " we listened to you, and wanted to make the best product for our consumer" is bull crap, and you know it.
What they tried to do initially shows you their true intentions as a corporation.

They were FIRM in what they initially tried to convince YOU why they were doing this and it was a great thing.

But now its: “We love getting feedback from gamers. My ideal scenario is always that I’m working to build a product they love,” Whitten said.

Yeahhh...riightttt.....:rotfl:cuckoo:

Back