Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Question regarding Xbox One

If I wanted to Download a Game via Xbox Live, would it continue downloading even if the console is turned off?

I got a Question regarding Xbox One

If I wanted to Download a Game via Xbox Live, would it continue downloading even if the console is turned off?

I would guess it will include the download in background option you can turn on in setting that the 360 had. But until it comes out I doubt we will know for sure.

Of course, there's nothing to stop them from changing these features back on once they've sold the initial units and they're in our homes. I'll take this news with a heavy grain of salt, and probably wait a year before I decide if I want one of these.

Of course, there's nothing to stop them from changing these features back on once they've sold the initial units and they're in our homes. I'll take this news with a heavy grain of salt, and probably wait a year before I decide if I want one of these.

All this news means is that it will not be forced on us by MS like the PS4 won't have it forced by Sony. This DOES NOT mean that companies like EA and Activision won't enforce this themselves.

Stole credit card information so Sony shut the network down for like a week or so. It's been awhile so I forget. I don't remember their reasoning for it.

I think that was after Sony let hackers get all of our information from PSN and SOE and anonymous was trying to prove a point.

Xbox One will not require an internet connection to play offline games or need to check in every 24 hours; instead, internet will only be required when initially setting up the console.

Xbox One will also no longer restrict used games, and will instead allow discs to be exchanged in the same way they are on Xbox 360.

Well, well. Apparently consumers won this round, though who knows what might be lurking behind the corner.

Anyways, sounds much better. I could live with that. I mainly update my 360 2 or 3 times per year, so one internet check with initial startup isn't hardly that bad.

Back