Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you don't have a cellphone.

Hope you don't have kids.

Oh no they'll see that "on my way" text or get a general sense of my location via GPS.

That's a little differant than hacking your xbox and streaming live video of you in your bedroom while your having sex. I had a SNES in my bedroom by the time I was 14, most kids today have a console, do you want anyone who can hack the camera watching your children?

My kinect would be facing my wall. They'd only catch my twerking

It's my understanding that if the camera isn't registering someone there, you can't operate the xbox. I don't know if an Ernst goes to Camp cardboard cutout will cut it.

Forbes magazine voted GameStop in the top five company's who screw there customers over . They give you percentages off used game if your a paid member and they just the price to their likening . They buy the game back for 5 bucks and sell it for 45 bucks . I just hope GameStop goes out if business .

Hope you don't have kids.

Oh no they'll see that "on my way" text or get a general sense of my location via GPS.

That's a little differant than hacking your xbox and streaming live video of you in your bedroom while your having sex. I had a SNES in my bedroom by the time I was 14, most kids today have a console, do you want anyone who can hack the camera watching your children?
You really believe they cant hack a cell phone activate your camera, your mic, in addition to your location? Same for the PC that has a mic and webcam. Should I continue.

You really believe they cant hack a cell phone activate your camera, your mic, in addition to your location? Same for the PC that has a mic and webcam. Should I continue.

Wheres the camera on your cellphone? Mines in my pocket right now, when it isn't its face down on the camera(which is on the back opposite the keypad). I don't video myself with my cell phone everytime I change clothes.

My PC has no webcam because it's not a requirement of any game I've ever played. Ever. Webcams can be turned off, microphones can be unplugged from the pc, my cell phone is never set up so the camera faces into my bedroom giving a wide angle of my personal possessions let alone perfectly angled at my bed. This is a device designed to go next to your tv which is likely something most of the furniture in that room faces. I would need to put a console in my bedroom and what piece of furniture in there is always facing the tv? My bed, just like probably 100 percent of people who have a tv in the bedroom.

These can't be turned off or unplugged and are always streaming. If you don't see the differance best of luck to you.

Last edited:

If they wanna see me that bad then I'll put on a show

It's my understanding that if the camera isn't registering someone there, you can't operate the xbox. I don't know if an Ernst goes to Camp cardboard cutout will cut it.
This mandatory Kinect is one of the dumbest ideas in the history of gaming. A slimey way to push a useless piece of hardware on everyone.

This mandatory Kinect is one of the dumbest ideas in the history of gaming. A slimey way to push a useless piece of hardware on everyone.

I never understood the appeal for motion sensing peripherals. Unless it's a lightsaber GTFO.

Its an excellent piece of hardware. Its just not been used right and still very early. Forcing it on people maybe silly. But, the possibility of maybe incorporating it with a vr headset further down the line could be awesome.

I never understood the appeal for motion sensing peripherals. Unless it's a lightsaber GTFO.

h22622B40

Its an excellent piece of hardware. Its just not been used right and still very early. Forcing it on people maybe silly. But, the possibility of maybe incorporating it with a vr headset further down the line could be awesome.

Yes if you have some kind of contained thunderdome area it will be awesome. Otherwise you're gonna look like **** Van Dyke wearing Ray Charles glasses while you slam into walls and furniture in your living room. :lol

How many Wii's sold, that will tell you your in the minority. I know many parents who would only by games that required motion on the because they didn't want there kids sitting around playing games all day.

I think motion sensing is a great idea. We have fat *** kids today because they sit on their *** an play video games. If we can't get them to play outside and be active at least me can make then active while playing video games.

Yes if you have some kind of contained thunderdome area it will be awesome. Otherwise you're gonna look like **** Van Dyke wearing Ray Charles glasses while you slam into walls and furniture in your living room. :lol

No change there for me then :/

Yes, as an optional accessory I have no problems with the Kinect whatsoever, even if I'd never buy it. Their justification for forcing it on us is lame.

:exactly:Although I will say I'm clearly not the target audience for most motion controlled games like Just Dance. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

What has the world come to when people happily pay $500 dollars for a corporate company to come into their home and literally see everything they are doing. And if people don't think this technology will be abused you're just fooling yourselves.

Back