Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3qvmxq.jpg

So you are telling me if I'm fighting in Iraq on the front lines and being shot at by rebels, that I can't play the Xbox One? If I am on a top secret mission in North Korea spying on their nuclear plans in a Stealth plane with no internet connection that I can't play the Xbox One?!?!?

**** YOU MS!!! WTF!??!?!

So you are telling me if I'm fighting in Iraq on the front lines and being shot at by rebels, that I can't play the Xbox One? If I am on a top secret mission in North Korea spying on their nuclear plans in a Stealth plane with no internet connection that I can't play the Xbox One?!?!?

**** YOU MS!!! WTF!??!?!
Good point, since that's pretty much all the military ever does. Surely they don't have extended periods of extreme boredom where they look for some forms of entertainment and distraction.

MS can do whatever it wants of course, but the way that guy was dismissive of military servicemen does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

What I'm saying is that it's a loaded question. What about Blu-ray players that need updates to play current movies? WiiU required a first day update. Most games nowadays have a first day update required to patch major game-breaking bugs.

Good point, since that's pretty much all the military ever does. Surely they don't have extended periods of extreme boredom where they look for some forms of entertainment and distraction.

MS can do whatever it wants of course, but the way that guy was dismissive of military servicemen does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

What I'm saying is that it's a loaded question. What about Blu-ray players that need updates to play current movies? WiiU required a first day update. Most games nowadays have a first day update required to patch major game-breaking bugs.

Only required if you are connected. If you're not, the game will still play..just won't have the patch.

The Blu-ray won't without the patch. If it's a game-breaking bug it won't allow you to finish the game (AC3 and the latest Zelda both had one).

Also most multiplayer nowadays requires those codes that only come with the new game.

Got a feeling there will be a compromise for people that dont want kinnect and allways on ,otherwise they going to take a beating at the marketplace.

If Kinect stays required, I will not buy the frakking thing. I don't like the idea of being 'watched' especially in light of how dodgy the NSA is in the United States

The arrogance coming from this company is amazing.
It's like none of these Harvard business school idiots with their MBAs ever take a customer relations class.
It's like they're daring us not to buy it.
They just keep pushing our hate button.

It boils down to this:

Xbox is for real gamers. It is for the future.

PS4 is for casual players.

Sony is for old people who refuse to text, send email, and can't understand what those crazy kids are doing.

Grandma, you're getting a Playstation!

I'm happy to be an old timer gamer. :lol. I dont need my damn game console to run my entertainment system. I just want to play games. Seems like it's the PS4 who is for the real gamers...not the other way around.

Back