Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want it on while I am using a console and playing a game that has nothing to do with motion ****. If I am watching a movie or netflix, I shouldn't need that thing on.

Although now I am reading it can potentially be paused? Either way, I am still not digging the new Xbox.

And you can disable it if you want, or just put something in front of it. It just has to be plugged in.

They will not remove Kinect, it must be there that way developers can be guaranteed that everyone that has the console has Kinect as well. Otherwise it's like the hard drive on the 360, they could have improved games using the hard drive but couldn't since some people had consoles without one.

And you can disable it if you want, or just put something in front of it. It just has to be plugged in.

They will not remove Kinect, it must be there that way developers can be guaranteed that everyone that has the console has Kinect as well. Otherwise it's like the hard drive on the 360, they could have improved games using the hard drive but couldn't since some people had consoles without one.

They could simply put Kinect in the box though. It doesn't need to be required for the system to function. I'm also not entirely sure if you're able to block it. I understood it that the stupid thing needs to be reading something for the system to work.

They said you'll have the settings option to set it to use other control methods for things like the console UI. Obviously if a game requires it then there isn't an alternative other than not buying that game.

It's silly that essentially an accessory has to be connected to the system at all times for use. Of course MS doesn't consider it an accessory, it's part of the system according to them.

What if the cord gets ripped in half? What if the inner hardware of the Kinect fails one day? What if you spill water on the Kinect? You are screwed, no playing your Xbox.

However, Microsoft made it as a separate device. They have the option to eliminate the mandatory connection of the Kinect. We'll see what happens.

All of those things can happen to the console, so it's not like anything is different.

Of course!

I should then say my point is that now you have two things that could fail, two devices to worry about, two separate devices that rely on each other to function. It's simpler when it's just one.

EDIT: If the one that decides to fail is the Kinect, then it's disappointing because the actual system that plays the games is rendered useless until your Kinect is fixed.

Of course!

I should then say my point is that now you have two things that could fail, two devices to worry about, two separate devices that rely on each other to function. It's simpler when it's just one.

EDIT: If the one that decides to fail is the Kinect, then it's disappointing because the actual system that plays the games is rendered useless until your Kinect is fixed.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Of course!

Wasn't that MS statement when RROD was initially reported. :rotfl

:goodpost:

The sad part is that I actually want the X1 and that it's bad for all of us if Sony destroys MS.

But man I just know with my luck that my house will burn down with the Kinect always being on.

You leave all that stuff on?

Shropt is right. Yes all of those devices are still drawing power (albeit minimal) unless you physically unplug them.

Believe me in High School our house burnt down because of a plugged in coffee pot. It wasn't on. Just in standbye mode. Got hit with a surge and there went all our stuff along with two cats. Not a pleasant experience. I can still smell it when I think about it.

Back