X-Plus Godzilla Vinyl Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PO'd mine back in November or so. If you were one of the later orders, you're getting the second shipment coming out this summer. I think there was a certain month when EE had to let X-Plus know how many figures they wanted and a lot of people waited past that point on this wave. Which makes sense, given that their previous waves didn't turn out very well quality-wise. Just to be safe though, from here on out, I'd place an order as soon as possible. Wave 5 is coming out this winter and I already have all three down -- with EE again, so it will take a couple extra weeks, but I'll be part of that initial shipment when they do finally get them in.

I PO'd mine back in November or so. If you were one of the later orders, you're getting the second shipment coming out this summer. I think there was a certain month when EE had to let X-Plus know how many figures they wanted and a lot of people waited past that point on this wave. Which makes sense, given that their previous waves didn't turn out very well quality-wise. Just to be safe though, from here on out, I'd place an order as soon as possible. Wave 5 is coming out this winter and I already have all three down -- with EE again, so it will take a couple extra weeks, but I'll be part of that initial shipment when they do finally get them in.

i wish there was concrete CUT OFFs stating this figure is retired. When it's done, it's done. It seems this is not X-plus's way of doing business.

i would rather there be a definitive cut off and if you miss the bus, you gotta pay.

i wish there was concrete CUT OFFs stating this figure is retired. When it's done, it's done. It seems this is not X-plus's way of doing business.

i would rather there be a definitive cut off and if you miss the bus, you gotta pay.

Diamond does have deadlines for when retailers have to get back to them with order numbers, but some retailers leave their listings open past that date in case there are cancellations, declines, etc. I think this information can be found on the Diamond website, not entirely sure. JohnStanowski knows since his mother's store sells X-Plus. He should be able to clear this up.

Unless X-Plus release genuine limited edition figures with a COA, I really don't see that happening.. there are only a limited number of Godzilla variants, so effectively what you are asking for, is X-Plus to release those, then close down their business so your purchases will sky rocket in value.. I'm guessing that business strategy is not on X-Plus' 'To Do' list.

Unless X-Plus release genuine limited edition figures with a COA, I really don't see that happening.. there are only a limited number of Godzilla variants, so effectively what you are asking for, is X-Plus to release those, then close down their business so your purchases will sky rocket in value.. I'm guessing that business strategy is not on X-Plus' 'To Do' list.

i will agree that in the grand scheme of things the re-releases have more positives than negatives.

However, for me...re-releases undermine the integrity of the original pieces.

i will agree that in the grand scheme of things the re-releases have more positives than negatives.

However, for me...re-releases undermine the integrity of the original pieces.

I suppose another possibility is the chance of a change of stance for some figures, or a more stylized version.. however if the new version is better than the old one, again it will negatively impact the price of the original release.. there is also the extra cost involved and the risk that the new stance will not be more popular than the original figure sculpt (which would have a clearer sales indicator).

While I take your point, I think the Vinyl statue approach also limits the options slightly(and some of the other Kaiju are quite niche).. although I prefer a more Statue style figure for Godzilla, instead of lots of articulation.

People don't seem to care with X-Plus. You still have plenty of collectors who either want the originals or the light-up Ric Boy reissues.

X-PLUS MECHAGODZILLA 25cm

MECHAGODZILLA%2520%2526%2520GMK%25202001%2520237.JPG

MECHAGODZILLA%2520%2526%2520GMK%25202001%2520208.JPG

MECHAGODZILLA%2520%2526%2520GMK%25202001%2520092.JPG

MECHAGODZILLA%2520%2526%2520GMK%25202001%2520151.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/MECHAGODZILLA1974

Anyone order X-Plus figs from GoHastings? I just placed an order for my very first one: Godzilla '54. What kind of condition have you received them in?

That Godzilla and ebirah set is so damn cool

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Agreed! Glad I purchased it! :rock

Thanks!
BTW, has that Ebirah set ever been released in the US? If not, will it?

No. And most likely, not anytime soon. Last I heard is that Diamond and X-Plus only have a deal to reproduce the 30cm and not the 25cm. At least for now... I'm hoping all that changes with some X-Plus announcement at SDCC. (From what I heard from a reliable source. :wink1:)

Last I heard is that Diamond and X-Plus only have a deal to reproduce the 30cm and not the 25cm. At least for now... I'm hoping all that changes with some X-Plus announcement at SDCC. (From what I heard from a reliable source. :wink1:)

I'll bet you the announcement will simply be the next spread of figures for Waves 8 and beyond. Which is fine by me. They have almost enough 30cm figures left to fill that out. There's a few I don't have so I'm looking forward to getting them from Diamond. Need Gigan, Manda, Rodan and Titanosaurus to complete my 30cm collection. (Not including non-Godzilla figures like Gorath.)

Back