X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past

Agree, Kamandi. Sure she LOOKED great, but geez she was terrible!

Hmmm. Who could we recast as Emma?

Anyone.

Perhaps they should just do away with her. January isn't going to hold an acting candle next to Fassbender and Lawrence and whoever else joins the Brotherhood.

Being a fan of Madmen, I don't agree that Jones can't act. She is a great actress IMO. But she's very wrong for Emma Frost. Emma should be extremely confident, an alpha dog type IMO, who can come off as aggressive when need-be. Jones doesn't project any of that IMO. She can be conniving and deceitful, but not in the Emma Frost sense.

I'll give her the benefit of doubt for Mad Men. But she didn't fit X:FC.

It's well established in this film universe that Mystique is the first lieutenant of Magneto. In DOFP the Brotherhood stuff will probably focus on the two of them, like in Singer's Xmen 1 & 2.

I've always thought Cyclops was pretty badass in the comics.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Not in a Wolverine kind of way, but he had his own arrogance about him. I wish he was better represented in the films like he was in the 90's show. When I think of X-men I think of Cyclops. Wolverine has been an avenger, solo so I'm used to the idea of him being not associated with the X-men. Maybe they can some how bring Cyclops back through time travel, kind of what they're doing currently in all new X-men? Wishful thinking on my part. I always liked the new outfit that he's sporting now, I think it would translate well into real life if done properly.

What is Marsters doing anyway? I wouldn't be opposed to them recasting him, as with Storm. At least they managed to keep her alive so she could definitely fill the leader role. Haven't read 'Days', so i'm not sure as to what kind of role she plays. Zoe Saldana for Storm please.

All these casting announcements have the fanboy in me excited and Singer/Vaughan back in the helm is icing on the cake.

Zoe Saldana as Storm would be excellent. I'm a fan of Marsdan too, he's a good actor, if he came back it'd be good for him to have a true leader role this time around

I'm not convinced Scott died in X-men 3.

One of the most annoying things about that movie is not just how overall terrible the movie was, but that it didn't even have the guts to go through with everything that happened.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I liked Marsters as Scott. I think he did a good job and I wouldn't mind seeing him return.

Halle Barry would not return for X3 unless they expanded her role. If she's not a key player in DoFP she won't return. Better to just have Storm out of the picture than to recast.

I'd rather see cameos by Jean Grey and Scott Summers towards the end of the film, signifying the events of DoFP had re-written the future and reconned away X3.

I wish he was better represented in the films like he was in the 90's show. When I think of X-men I think of Cyclops.
While I don't care so much for the direction recent comic writers have apparently taken Cyclops, I definitely agree with this. Cyclops was the only team member of the original X-Men to remain on when the "all new, all different" iteration of the X-Men came on the scene. And he left begrudgingly following a dispute with Storm over leadership, and moved right on over to X-Factor. He's an X-team guy and a team leader and has been since the '60s. Too bad that he never got much attention in the movies thus far. Considering the amount of activity/number of characters in this new film, I don't see things changing any time soon.

Don't get me started on Wolvie as an Avenger though :cuss :monkey4:monkey4 Not quite as bad as Spidey as an Avenger, but nonetheless horrible and ****y.

Halle Barry would not return for X3 unless they expanded her role. If she's not a key player in DoFP she won't return. Better to just have Storm out of the picture than to recast.

I'd rather see cameos by Jean Grey and Scott Summers towards the end of the film, signifying the events of DoFP had re-written the future and reconned away X3.
Having said that, Barry's career right now isn't where it was at the time of X3, when she was still a hot commodity, getting major awards, etc. She might not be so demanding if someone offers her a decent payday with this.

Source: SFX

Mark Millar On X-Men: Days Of Future Past – Sentinels And Kitty Pryde Fans Won’t Be Disappointed

1st Feb 2013 | 16:02

You wonder how Mark Millar finds enough time in the day to accomplish everything: from his job at Fox, overseeing the cinematic legacy of the Marvel Universe, to editing CLiNT magazine and, of course, his own duties as a writer on all number of self-invented comic book titles. When SFX catches up with him, for an exclusive chat, Millar is prepping to appear at the Glasgow Film Festival, for whom he curates the annual Kapow! event. Choice cuts this year include appearances from Steve Niles and John Wagner, and even a chat with SNP leader Alex Salmond who promises to introduce his favourite “geek movie”. In the meantime, Millar was happy to chat about all things superhero related and even share a scoop or two about X-Men: Days of Future Past...

Interview by Calum Waddell

The cast of X-Men characters announced for Days of Future Past is huge – they can't ALL be in it with “starring roles”, surely? How are so many X-Men going to fit in one film?

“It has actually been very well put together – Simon Kinberg and Matthew Vaughn worked on it together and they are both great at what they do. Then Bryan Singer came in, and, of course, he is Mr X-Men and he knows exactly how everything works. Just look at these first two X-Men movies: despite the huge cast of characters it all came together really well. These two movies never felt like overload and the balance was really, really good. On the other hand I though the third film felt crowded, but then Singer is excellent at working with ensemble casts. So with this one I feel it is all fine. I have read the screenplay and it doesn't feel rushed and it doesn't feel like it is too many characters.”

Are some of the appearances cameos? Is there a main team we’ll be following?

“I think the best comparison I can give is to Star Trek – that is an ensemble but it never feels as if there is not enough time with any one character. Or maybe Lost – that is an ensemble but every character gets their own moment to shine. So as long as everyone is there for a reason there doesn't need to be a problem with so many characters. This is a beautifully structured film, and it is a time travel story so the structure has to be especially strong.”

How big a role do the Sentinels play? Will giant robots be in vogue after Pacific Rim?

“I hadn't actually thought about that [laughs]. Yeah, that is true isn't it? You will have a couple of big movies with giant robots in them. I don't really want to give too much away but the Sentinels are a big feature of this story. They will be cool and this will deliver on all of the teasers. We've all been waiting for this ever since X-Men: The Last Stand showed us one of their heads. Now it is finally coming, and we only have to pay ten quid to see it in the cinema whereas they're having to pay $100 million to deliver it. So I'm delighted [laughs].”

Kitty Pryde – is she finally going to have a decent big screen role?

“Ach, I cannae get into that [laughs]. As soon as I say something it will turn into a big internet story. Let me put it this way though: Kitty Pryde fans will not be disappointed.

Can we expect to see any more X-Men spin-off movies?

“I hope so. I think that the X-Men universe is as interesting as, if not more interesting than, the Marvel universe. There are a lot of things you can exploit in there. Comics are actually really good at sussing out what works and what doesn't. It all comes down to what sustains a title and what doesn't – and that is why you have so many of the X-Men characters with their own line of comics. I think a lot of these characters deserve their own movies – there are a good half dozen that I would like to see do their own thing.”

“I hope so. I think that the X-Men universe is as interesting as, if not more interesting than, the Marvel universe. There are a lot of things you can exploit in there. Comics are actually really good at sussing out what works and what doesn't. It all comes down to what sustains a title and what doesn't – and that is why you have so many of the X-Men characters with their own line of comics. I think a lot of these characters deserve their own movies – there are a good half dozen that I would like to see do their own thing.”

This guy so gets it.

2014 is gonna be an Amzing superhero movie year with X-Men DOFP, Guardians of the Galaxy & Amazing Spider-Man 2

I've always thought Cyclops was pretty badass in the comics.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Not in a Wolverine kind of way, but he had his own arrogance about him. I wish he was better represented in the films like he was in the 90's show. When I think of X-men I think of Cyclops. Wolverine has been an avenger, solo so I'm used to the idea of him being not associated with the X-men. Maybe they can some how bring Cyclops back through time travel, kind of what they're doing currently in all new X-men? Wishful thinking on my part. I always liked the new outfit that he's sporting now, I think it would translate well into real life if done properly.

What is Marsters doing anyway? I wouldn't be opposed to them recasting him, as with Storm. At least they managed to keep her alive so she could definitely fill the leader role. Haven't read 'Days', so i'm not sure as to what kind of role she plays. Zoe Saldana for Storm please.

All these casting announcements have the fanboy in me excited and Singer/Vaughan back in the helm is icing on the cake.

he's gotten very... hardened in comics lately. I Think this image REALLY sums it up quite well.

fi_cyclops.jpg
DIssapointed to hear that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not convinced Scott died in X-men 3.

One of the most annoying things about that movie is not just how overall terrible the movie was, but that it didn't even have the guts to go through with everything that happened.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I liked Marsters as Scott. I think he did a good job and I wouldn't mind seeing him return.

PERSONALLY, I want to see them pull a highlander 2, or a Dallas with xmen 3. it was pretty *** all around. Just ignore it, pretend it never happened, or make it all a dream. Singer's done that before, perhaps he'll highlander 2 it again.

As for scott not being dead, my friends and I have a running joke about him. The whole movie he's just stumbling around on the beach. with his eyes closed, bumping into rocks.. until he hits one with his head hard enough that it knocks him out, giving him amnesia, AND fixing his eyes.

This guy so gets it.

2014 is gonna be an Amzing superhero movie year with X-Men DOFP, Guardians of the Galaxy & Amazing Spider-Man 2

Cap 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Space Squirrels >>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 2: New Moon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Singer's X:Men

PERSONALLY, I want to see them pull a highlander 2, or a Dallas with xmen 3. it was pretty *** all around. Just ignore it, pretend it never happened, or make it all a dream. Singer's done that before, perhaps he'll highlander 2 it again.

I think we're all hoping the events of DoFP somehow makes it that X-3 never happens.

As for scott not being dead, my friends and I have a running joke about him. The whole movie he's just stumbling around on the beach. with his eyes closed, bumping into rocks.. until he hits one with his head hard enough that it knocks him out, giving him amnesia, AND fixing his eyes.

:rotfl

I'm hoping DoFP has some type of epilogue where they have a montage showing the events of X3 nullified, key characters are alive again...

... and maybe a news report of the Avengers saving New York.

Millar has said he's open to the idea of working with Marvel Studios. If we're rebooting the future let's open the door a few inches.

I love the direction Cyke has been taken. In Comic characters rarely evolve or change for very long. Cyclops transition has been going for years and makes excellent sense.

Cap 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Space Squirrels >>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 2: New Moon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Singer's X:Men

X-Men >>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man >>>>>>>> Cosmic badasses >>>>>>>> Captain 'Merica

I love the direction Cyke has been taken. In Comic characters rarely evolve or change for very long. Cyclops transition has been going for years and makes excellent sense.

X-Men >>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man >>>>>>>> Cosmic badasses >>>>>>>> Captain 'Merica

Yeah. Shame bendis is undoing it, and turning Cyclops back into his "old self"

Spoiler Spoiler:

He's seen TOO much pain, and become too hardened to be anything else than what he's become.

Back