X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still think that "First Class" is the best one so far.

I'm not against Singer but just tired of his heavy (on atmosphere and perception) movies.

Vaughn isn't an option, other than Singer who should take the position?

J.J. Abrams :hi5: Brad Bird
Either would be a 1,000% better choice than Singer. Blah. I'll likely see the movie of course, but was really hoping for a fresh reboot.

Not likely, back when those were used people were'nt prepared for flashy outifts, now people are so they'll be more colourful

It's gotta be handled with a fine eye. As acceptable as the outfits were in X:FC, you can just as easily ruin a film by going full cap and trying to get closer to the source material.

Singer co-wrote and produced XMFC, so he deserves as much credit as Vaughn, IMO. And while I loved FC for its period setting, the original is still one of my favorite Marvel films for summing up what X-Men were about in a single film. Good story, great casting, and without any of the baggage that comes with 40 years of comic history.

X2 is good, but overrated. While it boasts bigger action sequences, and has some awesome moments, the fact that the bulk of the film takes place in an underground bunker bogs down the pacing for me.

Back