X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A closer look (sorry if this has been posted already):

tumblr_nrqkew84EL1skjrdeo1_1280.jpg

Apoc looks like a total schmuck. I bet he'll sound like this guy when he's getting beat up by Jennifer Lawrence :monkey4

So far the bad in this is nowhere as close to the prerelease bad in DOFP and that movie turned out good.

So everyone chill dafaq out!

Maybe that's really Trask playing a fake Apoc like Trevor and Mandarin.

IDK Sadpocalypse looks worse than the Imac era Sentinels. Unless you meant something else?

And if he did look full on like the comic version, people would criticize him for being a Thanos rip-off anyway.

The way he looks now is more of a Thanks rip-off. Apoc doesn't have a helmet covering his noggin, for one thing.

Also, check out this edit. A friend of mine hipped me up to it.

11041260_1105389179474777_6160278302944783716_n.jpg

Sigh... it actually took effort to screw this up as much as they did. The version on the right would've been rad.

The way he looks now is more of a Thanks rip-off. Apoc doesn't have a helmet covering his noggin, for one thing.
There are some superficial similarities, but whatever your criticisms it's pretty hard to say that this:

vLo41RJ.jpg

is a ripoff of this, IMO:

A9MTS16.jpg

One's a guy in makeup with tubes coming out of his head, the other is a giant CG creature.

You guys have to remember that Josh Brolin, the guy that played Gollum, and Jar Jar Binks were on set filming their cut scenes prior to any special effects.

The same can be said about Apocalypse

They have an entire year of production left
Weve seen 5 weeks in ...

Kinda stupid to assume this is the final product

Also, check out this edit. A friend of mine hipped me up to it.

11041260_1105389179474777_6160278302944783716_n.jpg

Sigh... it actually took effort to screw this up as much as they did. The version on the right would've been rad.

Both of these look light years better. And yet there are costume and creature designers who get paid quite handsomely to screw up what should be almost a no-brainer sometimes. Well. maybe not their fault since a lot of times you end up seeing concept designs that are much better than the final and you go "WTF happened!?!" Usually it's the super genius director. These are two prime examples, but I also think there was better concept art for Ultron (A:AoU), Rhino (ASM2), Green Goblin (SM1), Malekith & Kurse (TDW), and Abomination (H) are a few that come to mind.

You guys have to remember that Josh Brolin, the guy that played Gollum, and Jar Jar Binks were on set filming their cut scenes prior to any special effects.

The same can be said about Apocalypse

They have an entire year of production left
Weve seen 5 weeks in ...

Kinda stupid to assume this is the final product
Totally different in that none of those guys were dressed up in full makeup, etc. Also, classy way make friends and influence people with the way you refer to fellow boardies.

cough TWS cough

BTW, where is Khev?

Took the kids up north for vacation for a week and am now on a two week business trip. But...when I did return home after my first trip I watched all the new SDCC clips and trailers and decided that I'm not interested in any further "internet autopsies" of current or upcoming movies or even collectibles for a while. I'm kind of enjoying the detox, I've seen a couple new movies and it's fun having my experiences just be my experiences without any mind of how they're being dissected online.

Obviously there's an element of online discussion (especially with you guys) that I enjoy very much as my post count can attest but just taking a break for now.

Last edited:
Back