www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

Yeah, It was Peter and some other chinese name. He said he needed to send me a new invoice, hence the other name. My order was $580 but he filed a claim for $685!

What a joke. Just when there reputation started to biuild, they throw everything away.

Thanks to everyone for all there advice. I am definetley going to ring them.

This is probably why Razor/Peter said he was going to stop posting here, because he was going to start this crap. He is guilty as a jewel thief caught with the diamonds in his pockets, and deserves to become the girlfriend of a guy named Tiny in prison.

Yes, what could be the reason for a seller to make a claim against the buyer? It doesn't make sense. The only time it makes sense for the seller is if he is making a counter claim, doesn't it?

Sorry to hear this came to disaster.. I guess I was one of the few lucky one who actually got the item early on..
The only way I see they claim as a seller would be counter claim - which means buyer actually got the item, but pretending as if they got the wrong item and claim money.. With all the proof, it won't work, but they can extend the time to get away?

Well it's Friday I was expecting my packages of PAPER today, my tracking still have this message " The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 20-Feb-2012"
Does anyone know why it might take this long when it left HK 4 days ago..

What country are you in brother? Use the tracking number on your country's postal service tracking page. Always worked for me :)

Usually (unless it's EMS), the country of origin won't update the tracking status once the parcel/letter/package left that said country. Sort of like a fire and forget deal lol.

Last edited:

Already tried my local tracking, no updates..
I'm at San Francisco

Well it's Friday I was expecting my packages of PAPER today, my tracking still have this message " The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 20-Feb-2012"
Does anyone know why it might take this long when it left HK 4 days ago..

I live in San Francisco too and I buy from HK sellers pretty often. Most of my packages from HK usually travel westward from HK, across Middle East, then Europe, and finally landing in New York (which could take up to a week). Then it may sit at customs for a few more days before it slowly makes its way across to SF.

I have no idea why but only if you specify EMS would a package go across the Pacific and landing directly at SFO (about 3-4 days).

They got the figures for a reason,and that's because they are old members and they have more credibility.That's the only reason I can think of.

Well, I ordered a Jack Sparrow from them just after x-mas - and after receiving the invoice and paying via paypal i was told on Jan 3rd it would ship out on by Jan 6th. Then on January 11th info@hottoysonlinestore emailed me asking

"Thank You for your support in our products

Currently we are trying to improve our business and service.

Would you please tell us where you saw our website?

Thank you

Regards"

So I informed him that I saw a topic posted by a user named hottoysonlinestore on the Medi World board, where I am a regular poster. Then on the 18th of Jan I was emailed again by 'info' that an item addressed to me was returned to them because CanadaPost sent it back asking for an invoice to be put in the package. 'Info' then said it would be taken care of and mailed again the next day.

Feb 6th I received the figure, perfect condition and definitely legit HT product, so I emailed him back to inform him I did receive it, then went and left a glowing endorsement on the MediWorld topic he had started and never thought of it again until yesterday when I went to go back to the site to see if there was anything new added and it was offline, so I google searched about it and ended up on this thread. Now I feel pretty crappy about endorsing them. Really hope no one took my advice.

BUT the theory makes sense that they were head hunting people that had at least a little cred on their various boards - them asking me how I heard about them - then getting the mysterious invoice problem to explain why I hadn't received it yet and then actually delivering on it so I might go post about how great they were. Makes sense but seems soooooo complex and I just can't imagine it was worth all the effort.

Either way, F this Dave/Razor guy(s).

So the moral of the story is "If you know it's a scam try to be one of the first endorsers" lol

::edit:: man, reading through the older pages of this thread really makes me want to buy a ticket to Australia and punch Peter in his face. Over and over and over and over again...

Last edited:

I live in San Francisco too and I buy from HK sellers pretty often. Most of my packages from HK usually travel westward from HK, across Middle East, then Europe, and finally landing in New York (which could take up to a week). Then it may sit at customs for a few more days before it slowly makes its way across to SF.

I have no idea why but only if you specify EMS would a package go across the Pacific and landing directly at SFO (about 3-4 days).

Oh I see, thanks for the breakdown.. I guess they make more delivery stops along the way, but it was shipped by Priority figured it would be a bit quicker..

So the moral of the story is "If you know it's a scam try to be one of the first endorsers" lol

hmmmm ! i wonder who you really are.you sound like a serial killer who is driving by his handy work.

Wtf you actually think I'm part of this crap ?!
I lost 400$ to these pieces of ____ and I'm waiting on PayPal to refund the money.

Wtf you actually think I'm part of this crap ?!
I lost 400$ to these pieces of ____ and I'm waiting on PayPal to refund the money.

one never knows .

i was kind of perturbed by this comment and you being new around these parts makes me wonder is all. im sure im not alone . hopefully it all works out for everyone.

It was sarcasm dude
I ordered a STARS Wesker from them and it never left hong kong :(
I was really looking forward to it. "saved" 100$ compared to eBay and the guy(s) seemed really nice over email and I got sucked in.
I'm really sour about this and angry. And first and foremost feel stupid.

Change of thread title then :)
It'll warn everyone who's lazy and won't read through all of this :)
SCAM!!!!!

one never knows .

mr%2Bmaccie.bmp

Back