www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

Of course "they" are the same persons, probably more than just two also, i can count too atleast 4-5 people in this thread that i suspect is "dave" or some of his buddies. Just file a claim wherever you can! Paypal, your local police, chineese police, cybercrime unit etc. etc.

I am really starting to feel bad for doing my last "in your face" post now, i mean, this is way bigger than just a few guys getting ripped of for a few dollars, this _____ is big.

I really really feel for you, and especially thoose who ordered ALOT of figures.

But you learn from all experiences, and next time, please, please guys, be carefull. If you are like me, living on a pretty tight budget, and just looking for a good deal on figures, this must be really stressfull (in a allready stressfull world we live in).

No way...

this guy was on TV, in a report on radiation in water.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZgxcP5Zrk[/ame]

I honestly can't imagine why someone with a good and steady job would need to resort to this crap.

This, I assume, is his youtube nick: https://www.youtube.com/user/theniceboyhk

And here are his adult family members. Didn't want to put any underage details here

https://www.facebook.com/mariavendrell
https://www.facebook.com/josepm.muste
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1598215185

Just in case some of you might want to get in touch with Dave, so you know who to ask.

Last edited:

razor1 you pointed me in the direction of that store when i asked if anyone was selling a wolverine figure in the wolverine thread.

I seem to have lucked out that leon mario your friend reversed my payment, and than someone from your company called me and gave me a bs excuse why. i am glad i got my money back.

i am still intrigued as to why you guys gave me my money back on the 20th of January. did you realize i was posting on the forums and that you guys wouldn't be able to fulfill my order?? and your scam would have been uncovered earlier than expected.

as for the EMS deliveries done in late January they were all part of the plan to get more people to order. because there is no way you guys made any profit on those figures seeing as ems from Hong Kong is not less than 40 dollars for Hot toys sized boxes. those customers paid 0 dollars for shipping and got a low priced figure, and EMS delivery!

you are definitely just as guilty as dave, with your false advertising and lies. You should be prosecuted along with him.

@hamanu
what if that's a different person with the same name?

Just doesn't make any sense for a well established young & bright scientist to set up a scam without covering his tracks..
From the looks of his career this scam would not be worth his time, I guess life is full of surprises & Razor is looking more guilty by the minute..

@hamanu
what if that's a different person with the same name?

Well, in that case said person would not want his identity being used in online scams and would probably want to file a report of his own, right?

you are definitely just as guilty as dave, with your false advertising and lies. You should be prosecuted along with him.

Couldn't agree more, every word typed by "Peter" takes us one step closer to showing us his true colors which were MONEY the whole time, nobody "helps" out other people whom they don't even know without any insterest or befenit from it, just because they are feeling generous. I don't fall for that, sorry...

Just doesn't make any sense for a well established young & bright scientist to set up a scam without covering his tracks..
From the looks of his career this scam would not be worth his time, I guess life is full of surprises & Razor is looking more guilty by the minute..

I don't see any logical explanation to this either, except the stolen ID theory maybe. Sometimes is not always about the money, since he probably had a very good salary as a well established scientist, not worth the trouble of the scam. Some people just do things for the thrill and adrenalin of the situation, as weird as it may sound.

I for one think, David and Razor1 are laughing at us right now and Razor's trying to cover his ass, to me it's obvious he's as guilty as charged.

Let's hope we all get our money back asap from Paypal, this has been a waste of time, let's hope it's not a waste of money as well.

Man, I am more confused that ever. I hope folks can get their money or figures.

Just to reiterate, I did get my figure from these guys completely problem free.

I have posted info already but if folks need more from me just ask.

I personally do not tend to trust folks who describe themselves as having the 'utmost integrity'.
Sounds like an email from Samalia!

Last edited:

First posting here pretending to be a customer in order to boost confidence and lure more fish into the net, now trying to post your way out the situation....what a joke. How about take responsability for your actions?

Assuming Razor and Dave not the same person, now that _____ hits the fan, one decides to _____ on the *friend* makes the one even worst, If you now claim he's not that much of a friend, well, you certainly took a big risk and anyone takes that kind of risk needs to see a doctor. Friend or no friend it's driven by greed.

Could you take a screen shot in paypal to prove you even paid money to someone else?

Also, I have escalated claim awaiting your response.

I called paypal directly, just file through paypal since that's the method of payment.. I've used paypal since the beginning so they should be able to take care of you..
Thx for ur advise. However, it is stated in PayPal website that we can only do via email...! Can't find their phone no.

It's funny how razor took off once I asked him about the emails between himself and himself (Dave) lol
I don't really think we will get that out of him. And as another user suggested, maybe razor should show us some of the PayPal transactions between him and the "suppliers".

@eamon: what was the senders name on your package?

Hmmm ok thank you
From what I know, whoever received the envelopes with the "files" in them received their package from David Muste

::edit:: Any chance you could provide the name on your friends Package ?

Last edited:

Hmmm ok thank you
From what I know, whoever received the envelopes with the "files" in them received their package from David Muste

::edit:: Any chance you could provide the name on your friends Package ?

It was the same name on his Joker.

I sent you the invoice. Then you sent me the payment. I copied and pasted the transaction detail and emailed it to Dave. It was up to him to send it out to the right address. I sent the money later to the supplier.

Hope this explains.

Seriously???
I it's true you are that dumb???
You didnt see something was fishy, being a front for someone????
Tssssssssss

For one thing i tend to believe you because i don't really see the point a scammer would have to come here chat with the people he scammed, but then again you never know...
Some people are ___ed up...
And you are an _______ for praising the store while you were working with them.

I Have a few questions tho.
Since David is in Barcelona, Who sent the figure from HK?
Who is that Arno Lai?
Who sent the registered letters from HK?

BTW i'm in Barcelona now for a week, i'm with the wife and kid and doubt i could do anything but just to say... But after seeing the guy's infos it seem to that it's an identity theft more than the actual david musté

To finish to all the scammed, FILE YOUR CLAIM WITH PAYPAL DONT WASTE TIME OK!!!!!!!
ITS EASY JUST FOLLOW THE PROCESS ON YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Last edited:

Holy crap this is terrible. Always cover your butt when making transactions. Always.

I just read the aznrice scam threads. May they serve as a lesson for would-be scammers.

Ok, even the email is down....

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 MX records inaccessible for too long for domain:hottoysonlinestore.com - psmtp (state 14).

Back