www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

If this is a scam I have no doubt the scammers will be looking on this site/thread, Maybe even join and claim to be a buyer to smooth things over for more time and get others to part with more money.:dunno

But that might just be suspicious me:peace

Are you implying that I am the scammer? Sorry mate, I am not sure what you are getting at with this post.

Told you so

I don't see the point of Peter emailing us to ask we received our figures..
I'm getting my money back so I'm not as furious, what pisses me off is that a imposter swayed most of us in believing HTOS is a legit shop..

Hello all,

I am back from my lawyer and now have time to provide a full story. I have known Dave well before his HTOS when he used to sell items on Ebay. Always seemed a nice approachable and honest guy. He is married and has a baby girl on the way soon. He has sent me out every figure that I have posted on in this forum and EVERY post I have made here is 100% honest. He has not sent my T1000 and Hellboy figures either so I am with you guys in being ripped off by him.

My involvement with Dave took a more involved turn when he claimed that his PayPal account needed further verification and he asked whether I could send out invoices on his behalf and once I received payments I can then forward the money to his supplier. This was all well until people started to claim against me. Dave, much like for you guys, provided me with tracking numbers so I felt comfortable sending the money thinking the parcel was on it's way. In hindsight this was amazingly naive on my behalf and a massive learning experience not to trust people in this world. You have your family that are everything and the rest are complete strangers.....even unfortunately friends it seems. I am now left with 11 claims so far from Dave's clients claiming that their parcel never arrived.......which unfortunately I am expecting to be pretty much all of you. Some have received it so you might still get lucky but I wouldn't count on it.

I have just spoken to my lawyer and he is extremely positive that I have more then enough evidence to force Dave to fully pay for what he has not delivered. The lawyer has a special interest in PayPal and said that if you ALL make a claim against my account for a full refund then you will be guaranteed to be paid back in full. I cannot even come close to paying out of my own wallet and I will refuse to as I will chase Dave for this to my last breath. The lawyer has said that if I don't pay you guys a refund, then PayPal will close my account and seek me down for payment.......this is where my lawyer will come in and prove that Dave is responsible. In the meantime, PayPal has insurance so it can claim this all on this and pay you all without any problems. I also confirmed this with PayPal. Please don't stress as you will all get a refund from my understanding. AGAIN, I ADVISE ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT GOTTEN YOUR FIGURES TO LODGE A COMPLAINT AGAINST ME. I will take it from there.

The story deepens. I got in contact with Mario Leon who also has been sending out invoices for Dave. He screwed him the same way. Furthermore, I have spoken to his supplier who I have been sending his money to and he owes his Supplier another $6000.

This is where I ask for your help. As I said, I have been 100% honest in this forum. All that you see in my posts is the truth. I though of Dave as a friend but that has changed. Could you all please post here any other emails (besides me and Leon) that you have received an invoice to. My lawyer has also said that to make Dave pay for this proper I ask that you also file a police claim against him for not delivering the items. He has ripped you off money so you have every right. I have spoken to Interpol here and they said that I have not lost any money yet so they can't proceed. But you guys can. Here is the full details of Dave.

Name: Dave Cornado Muste
DOB: 02March1979
Mobile: 0011 852 94025130
Lives: Sha Tin, Hong Kong

Bank Details:
SWIFT: HASE HKHH

BENEFICIARY BANK: HANG SENG BANK LTD

BANK ADRESS: 83 DES VOEUX ROAD, CENTRAL, HONG KONG

ACCOUNT HOLDER: DAVID CORNADO MUSTE ( name - David ) ( surname - Cornado Muste)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 222-551988-882

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/davidcm86

His email addresses are;
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Please let me know if you know any other emails or details that could help me get Dave what he deserves. Again, please claim against me and any other people that have sent you invoices NOW!!!! It is extremely unlikely that it will come. Please I ask that you report Dave to the police. They will likely do nothing but some of them might.

Again, I am sorry for my involvement. I was naive and my intentions were all from my constant desire to help people. Unfortunately that side of me us burned and scarred for ever now.

Dave, if you are reading this....since you aren't picking up your phone or checking emails anymore. What happened mate? I can honestly say you were one of the nicest people I have met. I hope that you can be honest and pay me the money that you promised me so that I can repay these people. None of us deserve this. It's not too late. The choice is yours. My lawyer said that with everything I have documented I have an extremely strong case. I have the emails whereby you asked and I accepted to help you with PayPal. We went into an agreement whereby I get payed and you send out the figures. I did my job........did you? Best of luck with your daughter. Kids are a wonderful thing.

And Dave.......Karma is a _____!!!! Best of luck.

If any of you have any questions please ask.

Dude,you what's even more F'd up is that the same guy who said he got this and that from them and that they were legit is actually one of the guys himself.Instead of running,he turns around and laughs at everyones face by saying that he's sorry.Let me tell you all something from experience when someone does this sort of thing is because there back is against a wall.More than likely,he is either caught or about to be caught so why not turn it around and act like he is a victim too.It's obvious that he placed that post to show proof that he himself was taken as well as the rest of you to cover his ass.I wouldn't be surprised if he is also the one who is behind the whole operation.I think so anyway!On another note,I feel SORRY for everyone here that didn't get there purchases!I don't want to say i told you so because i know that it could happen to me or anyone.I just hope that all my fellow freaks(new and old)receive all their monies and come away from this with a valuable lesson learned!^_^

I don't mean to trash on people's legitimate frustration and stress by being flippant, but I can't help saying that this thread is the most drama-packed, twist-turning narrative since abouttreefitty vs. aznrice645.

I don't mean to trash on people's legitimate frustration and stress by being flippant, but I can't help saying that this thread is the most drama-packed, twist-turning narrative since abouttreefitty vs. aznrice645.

So, what you're saying is it's the most drama filled thread, since the last most drama filled thread last month??

Can't wait to see what drama March brings us!!!

It's a shame to go to jail and get your butthole blown out over some toys.
Which is what I hope will happen to all of them.
Especially to David. He looks like a little whiner...

::edit:: By the way "Peter", if you are such a good friend of his, how come you aren't on his Facebook friends list ? But Mario is ?
And if Mario is soooooo disappointed with him shouldn't he be getting off his friends list as well ?

Last edited:

Unfortunately this thread started when people were already suspicious that this site was shady. I guess this case proves if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck... Hope everyone recovers their money.

I agree. I didn't see this twist coming at all, quite a turn!

Razor: Your story is hard to believe for a few reasons. In your most recent post you say this:

I have known Dave well before his HTOS when he used to sell items on Ebay.

But in your first post on the board you said this:

My ears certainly pricked up when hottoysonlinestore came online and initially much like most people I was hesitant to purchase through him at first.

So if your most recent post is the truth then you 100% lied to people when you came here, you for some reason acted like you'd never before heard of anyone at the store. Why? You said you were 'hesitant' ordering and now you're now saying you knew the store owner 'well before' your order. That makes it hard to believe your claims that you were accepting PayPal payments out of your "constant desire to help people." From the sounds of things, you had some interest in attracting people to the store (tricking, some might say) that you're not giving here.

At the end of your post, despite claims of simply being naive and operating only from a desire to "help," you ask Dave for 'money promised you.' That seems to me to hint at what might've been your real motivation for your false stories of successful orders and acceptance of PayPal payments.

At the end of your post, despite claims of simply being naive and operating only from a desire to "help," you ask Dave for 'money promised you.' That seems to me to hint at what might've been your real motivation for your false stories of successful orders and acceptance of PayPal payments.

Dave did ask me not to reveal that I knew him as it would look suss. Well, it looks even worse now. I did it for him.

I sent out the invoices to you guys. Then when I got payed I sent them to Dave's suppliers. The money he owes me is the money that I need to refund you guys as well as the Hellboy and T1000 that was never sent out to me.

Dave did ask me not to reveal that I knew him as it would look suss. Well, it looks even worse now. I did it for him.

What makes it looks even worst now is probably more that you just claimed an hour ago:

As I said, I have been 100% honest in this forum.

Do you still want to claim that?

The money he owes me is the money that I need to refund you guys as well as the Hellboy and T1000 that was never sent out to me.

You said he 'promised' you money. So after it turned out he wasn't sending figures you were in contact with him and he promised you the money?

I could believe your story but are you really saying there was absolutely no incentive for you to receive these PayPal payments? Nothing at all? You weren't getting a discount or getting to keep a percentage? It was all, as you say, just a desire to 'help'? So entirely out of the goodness of your heart, you not only made extensive posts on multiple forums claiming to be a pleased customer with no connection to the store, encouraging others to buy, but you were also accepting payments from customers who in all likelihood bought from the store after seeing your posts? And that all occurred because you just wanted to 'help'?

At the very least, wont you admit you were tricking people with your very first post? If you agree, isn't it a funny thing to write the following in your plea of innocence here?

I am a person of uttermost integrity and have been deeply hurt by this.

What makes it looks even worst now is probably more that you just claimed an hour ago:

Do you still want to claim that?

You said he 'promised' you money. So after it turned out he wasn't sending figures you were in contact with him and he promised you the money?

I could believe your story but are you really saying there was absolutely no incentive for you to receive these PayPal payments? Nothing at all? You weren't getting a discount or getting to keep a percentage? It was all, as you say, just a desire to 'help'? So entirely out of the goodness of your heart, you not only made extensive posts on multiple forums claiming to be a pleased customer with no connection to the store, encouraging others to buy, but you were also accepting payments from customers who in all likelihood bought from the store after seeing your posts? And that all occurred because you just wanted to 'help'?

At the very least, wont you admit you were tricking people with your very first post? If you agree, isn't it a funny thing to write the following in your plea of innocence here?

Yes mate, I'll wear all of my wrong doings regarding what you mentioned about my early post. Doesn't make it right. The intention was never to trick people but to help a 'friend'.

I got a free Hot Toys figure for helping him with the PayPal.

Just an update. I have now contacted 2 of Dave's suppliers and Mario Leon and all of them are owed money by Dave. PayPal is freezing money transfers all over the place so the suppliers are really pissed off. We will all lodge a claim towards Dave.

Just an update. I have now contacted 2 of Dave's suppliers and Mario Leon and all of them are owed money by Dave. PayPal is freezing money transfers all over the place so the suppliers are really pissed off. We will all lodge a claim towards Dave.

so how exactly does the operation work and who is involveD?

If anyone received a paypal invoice from anyone other then Peter or Mario Leon could you please post this here. It would help greatly. I really want to dig deep in this to see how many people are effected.

Back