WWII Kroenen with Trench coat and Hat 12" Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Buttmunch

WWII Kroenen with Trench coat and Hat 12" Figure?

On Sideshow's site there is a picture of del Toro (the director of Hellboy) and it shows what appears to be a 12" Kroenen figure in his WWII outfit (hat with trench coat). Is this figure being/still being planned or was it cancled?

Brant, if you guys are planning on not making it, reconsider. I know many people who would rather have this version of him. MAKE him! ...Please :D

Re: Is it easter?

Hey Buttmunch, could you link to the pic? I can't find it anymore.

I don't know how, but go to the main page on Sideshow's site. Just above the "Hottest Items" list are two links/pictures of Hellboy. Click the one on the right, Hellboy from comic, to film, to product (or something like that). When the new page apears, there is a pic showing Del Toro near the top (first pic you can click on). You then can see Kroenen in front of del Toro (Kroenen's back is faceing you, but you can tell what it is). Hope that helps.

Brant, I wish you weren't so vague. Do you mean it will go up for sell around/on Easter? Help a fellow Brant out.

PS Yes, my name is Brant too.

Oh yeah, Thanks for the quick relpy Brant. I know you guys are busy and thank you for your quick response. You guys rock :D

Unfortunately Brant can't officially talk about it until it's announced. I interpret his message to mean that that pic is an "easter egg" i.e. - an added bonus that isn't immediately obvious. The picture is cropped so that you have to click on it to see the new Kronen.

I hope that Kronen will be a real product, but since we're getting a variant already I worry that it won't be. I guess the success of the current figures and the film will determine?

Also noticed in one of the pics they have a 1:1 of Rasputin's glove - that looks like an interesting prop:eek

4/1/04

I wish we were doing that version of Kroenen, but due to laws in Europe regarding Nazi imagery, we will not be producing it.

Re: 4/1/04

Drat! It looks great. Perhaps we can figure out a way to make a custom.

Re: 4/1/04

Egads! You guys are making me crazy! I've already got most of the gear I need to bash him up that way when I get mine but I'd still like him to come with it. The tailoring would be better that wasy especially the peaked cap. I am pretty sure his noggin's gonna be too big for what I have.

Re: 4/1/04 (April Fool's Day)

I think the header is/may be a clue...

Kroenen, if you didn't know, doesn't have any sazticas on him, only the cross (which is on the Red Baron figure for example), so they may be pulling our leg on "not" making him.

I don't think Sideshow would show us stuff they aren't planning on making (the Frankenstein didn't go over well with distributers from what I heard, and thats why it wasn't made). I hope they DO make him. After all they have him listed as a nazi on their site already, so having him in a differant outfit shouldn't matter.

I didn't notice the header, but I definitely think it's alluding to something. Hellboy, from all reports, seems like it will be a big success. So the possibility of another Kroenen might be very high. I have to admit, the current versions don't do much for me but I'd definitely consider the trenchcoat version.

I didn't notice the header either which brings even more questions..Now I am going to indulge SS on their teasing us here just because I feel like being a dupe today and because it's my birthday and my right to act the fool :p

1 - Brant alludes to an Easter Egg thus
2 - We are getting the gear with Kroenen or..
3 - there is yet a 3rd version of Kroenen waiting in the wings
4 - The 4/1/04 denial post confirms that the denial is a ruse confirming either point 2 or 3.:sancho

:mwaha Best emoticaon ever. I almost made me :puke

I agree with your thoughts about Kroenen and the header. I asume we will find out if the figure is a go around the time the movie starts. Can't wait!

:doh I didn't even notice Shaithais's header - what a joker!:fireevil

Re: 4/1/04 (April Fool's Day

Hmmm... Still no word on him yet :dunno . I thought they would announce something around the time the movie came out. Maybe in a few weeks?

I would also love them to make a battle damaged/Hellboy with horns, and a Prof. Broom. A Rasputin would be cool too.

Too bad about the laws regarding Nazi imagery.Personally I think it's stupid,these are the bad guys after all,no one is glorifiying them.An SS Ilsa would have been great,I wouldn't even want her in her generic modern day duds.

It will probley be a SSC exclusive figure, this will be on pre order the day it is is released to order!:rock

I think it will be an exclusive. The Final Battle vesion of him was an exclusive (only 750) and they still have it. I hope this version sells better. Its a much cooler version anyway.

He could have an exclusive accessorie(s): His hand with fingers cut off, then another one with the robotic hand or just a stump when it was finally cut off. Or alternate hand for the gun (which also could be one).

But if he is an exclusive already, he might just have them as normal accessories.

Back