Wow. Some ebay buyers have balls. Guy asks for discount immediately after purchase.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is this becoming a name and shame for ebay buyers, maybe it got chipped in transit

I had a guy bid £20 more than he could afford for my HT comedian, i simply retracted the bid, the auction went back to its starting bid and i was pissed as there was another buyer before him.

So i e-mailed the guy and asked him to bid a bid again to push the maximum bid of the other guy back to his original bid and he did.

I didn't name and shame him cos everyone makes mistakes, the OP can always sell it again, its not like he sent it and the guy said he never got it.

It's always find if people make mistake with your story, but that guy leave me a negative feedback!!! What a jark!!!

So I had a hot toys ETD bruce lee listed as a buy it now. This clown from the UK buys it and then sends me a message asking for a $30 discount because he has to pay tax when he gets it. ARE YOU ____ING SERIOUS? This is a first for me. Also, my auction clearly states for international buyers to contact me for a shipping quote since it can be expensive. Did he contact me for a shipping quote? Of course not. I was literally shocked that he asked for a discount right after purchase. _______s like this deserve a negative feedback, but thanks to ebay's assclown policy, his record will go unscathed.

Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1305838097...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649#ht_3839wt_1405

buyer: ultimate8pac

putting his name out there if anyone wishes to block him.

hahhaahhaha thats funniest thing ive read on here lol, the cheeeekkkk haha did he have any feedback? next time list your auction with buyer rules set in place like dont sell to less than 5 feedback members. reduces chances of a timewaster

Some tosser today threatened to leave me a negative feedback when I told him nicely that he didn't pay the correct sum.

When he 1) didn't pay on time (within 3 working days as mentioned in the listing), 2) paid the incorrect amount (a petty $5 less than the total), 3) insists that's the sum he got from eBay's "Pay Now" option. I don't know where he learnt his basic arithmetic from, because he continue to argue about the sum.

He paid via bank transfer instead of Paypal, so I couldn't refund the payment and make a 2nd offer to the 2nd highest bidder (which was only 50 c) less to someone who wasn't a tosspot. And he refused to give his account details for a refund. It's not even about the $5 dollars. I'd rather sell it for less to someone who wasn't a jackarse if I could. So I'm never listing bank transfer as an option ever again.

Pulled all items off eBay immediately (except for one), won't be using it in the near future.

Some tosser today threatened to leave me a negative feedback when I told him nicely that he didn't pay the correct sum.

When he 1) didn't pay on time (within 3 working days as mentioned in the listing), 2) paid the incorrect amount (a petty $5 less than the total), 3) insists that's the sum he got from eBay's "Pay Now" option. I don't know where he learnt his basic arithmetic from, because he continue to argue about the sum.

He paid via bank transfer instead of Paypal, so I couldn't refund the payment and make a 2nd offer to the 2nd highest bidder (which was only 50 c) less to someone who wasn't a tosspot. And he refused to give his account details for a refund. It's not even about the $5 dollars. I'd rather sell it for less to someone who wasn't a jackarse if I could. So I'm never listing bank transfer as an option ever again.

Pulled all items off eBay immediately (except for one), won't be using it in the near future.

YAr, just tell him you dropped it on the way to the post office, he'll have no choice but to give you a refund, Yar... (pirate voice for halloween)

Deciding that buyers can't get negative feedback of any type no matter what they do is probably the most baffling thing ebay has ever done.

I couldn't agree more. That move frustrated the hell out of me... I buy and sell, and I'd rather run the risk of being able to receive negative from poor sellers as a buyer, for the benefit of being able to deal with irresponsible buyers as a seller!

my bad luck continues. i've run into another winner. i recently sold a comic and it was mint and well protected when it shipped. i wrote "fragile" and "do not bend" on the box. the buyer contacts me saying the box was bent, thus creasing and damaging the comic inside. i tell him unfortunately that there's nothing i can do since insurance wasn't requested. i can't be held responsible for an item once it leaves my hand. the post office is at fault. i suggested he take both the box and comic to the post office and see if they can do anything. he later opens up a claim with ebay asking for a full refund saying the item was not as described. i stated my case to ebay and man, if they take the money out of my account, they will be receiving a _____storm rage filled phone call.

my bad luck continues. i've run into another winner. i recently sold a comic and it was mint and well protected when it shipped. i wrote "fragile" and "do not bend" on the box. the buyer contacts me saying the box was bent, thus creasing and damaging the comic inside. i tell him unfortunately that there's nothing i can do since insurance wasn't requested. i can't be held responsible for an item once it leaves my hand. the post office is at fault. i suggested he take both the box and comic to the post office and see if they can do anything. he later opens up a claim with ebay asking for a full refund saying the item was not as described. i stated my case to ebay and man, if they take the money out of my account, they will be receiving a _____storm rage filled phone call.

Sounds like a 40/60 to me, he got screwed with a creased comic (if it was alot of money i'd be pissed) and you got screwed by losing the money, if eBay are returning the money to him they should make sure the comic is returned to you.

Did you offer insurance on the auction?

Sounds like a 40/60 to me, he got screwed with a creased comic (if it was alot of money i'd be pissed) and you got screwed by losing the money, if eBay are returning the money to him they should make sure the comic is returned to you.

Did you offer insurance on the auction?

not much i can do with a damaged comic, but we'll see what happens.

last time i tried to offer optional insurance in an auction, ebay said i couldn't do that. i had to either include it in the price or leave it out, so i leave it out and leave it up to the buyer to ask for insurance if they want it. as a buyer i will ask about insurance if i think the item and price demands it.

I always include insurance for international buyers, for local i take the chance, i haven't had any problems shipping so far but i always pad it to hell with bubblewrapping and other stuff.

Luckily i haven't had any problems with eBay but if i lost out big time i'd be as pissed as you, that's why i list every possible mention of things like customs charges, damage in transit from non-international buyers, the item condtion in detail and other things that the buyer may not ask but needs to know about to absolve me.

sellers on ebay are at the absolute mercy of the buyers. you have no rights and you are not even treated as humans. All ebay sellers are scared _____less of negative feedback and open cases.

It's good for us buyers since it forces high standard and make sure the sellers dont lie, and if there is a problem they usually take care of it very quickly. But it's an absolute unfair system and scammers can and do take full advantage of it without repercussion.

It used to be both buyer/seller can leave negative feedback for each other, a fair exchange. Then ebay realized, as long as they make the buyers happy, sellers will always follow the buyers. So the system was changed so only buyers can leave negative feedback and open cases at will. Then ebay realized they have so many sellers for each item and most items went unsold anyway, so they only want the top 10% seller of each category. As a result, sellers got banned left and right because of the bull_____ "low performance ratings" they rolled out.

There are countless horror stories of people who had spent over a decade on ebay selling with 99%+ feedback that got perm banned because a few scam buyers opened cases for chargeback or clueless buyers that left <5star feedbacks. Many livelihood were destroyed, people were literally crying on the ebay forum about what can they do now they cant pay the bills. Ebay is not just a bad company, it is truly considered an evil of this world, the way they destroyed lives and the business model that's used to essentially enslaved the seller. I will pop a drink the day another company come along and make it irrelevant (come on amazon/google!)

It's an insane undertake to sell those highend statues on ebay you are essentially playing lottery praying the buyer is reasonable nice person, if you meet a scammer or a picky buyer, might as well just give it to him for free...

Last edited:

Unfortunately you will most likely lose. Ebay policies not only make you responsible that it gets to the buyers door you are also responsible that it be in a condition the buyer will except.

Yep, sadly even if the buyer does not want insurance, it is the sellers responsibility that the item arrive undamaged. Even having a disclaimer in your listing does not prevent eBay from taking your money.

Whenever I sell anymore I charge shipping that includes postage, tracking and insurance. I don't want to be out of pocket on those and I certainly won't mail something and risk loosing hundreds of dollars.

Now for a personal story, while not as serious as these, I had a guy do a best offer of $50 on an item I had listed at $160 (last similar sold at $140). So I fight the initial urge to tell him to ____ off and make a counteroffer of $140 and include the message "C'mon man, at least make a serious offer.'

2 hours later I receive his counter offer: $50. My response: Counter offer of $160 and I included this message: "Eat a d1ck :)" :lol

All the buyer has to do is claim ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED... you are SCREWED... guaranteed. It is a joke- I have to sell on there to make money but cross my fingers everytime....

On a slightly different note, has anyone noticed ebay has limited you messaging the same person more than 3 or 4 times ( cant remember how much ) ?
Another thing that keeps cropping up is they are hiding peoples email/ paypal addresses in emails?
The site is becoming real bad now and the fee's are crazy
Rant over

Yep, sadly even if the buyer does not want insurance, it is the sellers responsibility that the item arrive undamaged. Even having a disclaimer in your listing does not prevent eBay from taking your money.

Whenever I sell anymore I charge shipping that includes postage, tracking and insurance. I don't want to be out of pocket on those and I certainly won't mail something and risk loosing hundreds of dollars.

Now for a personal story, while not as serious as these, I had a guy do a best offer of $50 on an item I had listed at $160 (last similar sold at $140). So I fight the initial urge to tell him to ____ off and make a counteroffer of $140 and include the message "C'mon man, at least make a serious offer.'

2 hours later I receive his counter offer: $50. My response: Counter offer of $160 and I included this message: "Eat a d1ck :)" :lol

Lol quality. I think mine was even worse. I had a Howard senft T1 bust up for sale for around $400. The guy messaged me and said he noticed my bust didnt sell and offered me $90 shipped from uk to australia :rotfl
I messaged him and replied it would cost around that to ship so you basically want the bust for free??
He even said in a previous message I probably wont sell it as everyone wants the sideshow T2 bust :lol
What a chancer

Yeah, love how people feel they are the expert on what things are worth. And I don't mind low offers as they should lead to negotiation, but there is some tact involved and many do not seem to have it.

I always include insurance for international buyers, for local i take the chance, i haven't had any problems shipping so far but i always pad it to hell with bubblewrapping and other stuff.

Luckily i haven't had any problems with eBay but if i lost out big time i'd be as pissed as you, that's why i list every possible mention of things like customs charges, damage in transit from non-international buyers, the item condtion in detail and other things that the buyer may not ask but needs to know about to absolve me.

this was a domestic buyer. case was closed today. they basically decided that no one was at fault, which is correct since the package left my hands fine, until the post office decided to destroy it. i made sure to make this very clear in my response to the dispute. i stated more than once that i should not be held accountable for someone else's mishandling. so he gets to keep the comic and get his money back, while i will be reimbursed the full purchase price of the comic with the shipping. if they decided in favor of the buyer and took my money i would've flipped out.

Its great they didn't find against you.

I'd be surprised if Ebay ruled against a seller that both gives the option of insurance and specifically states that if the option is not taken, they won't be held liable and it is buyers risk.

Back