WoW Poll posted...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never played WoW and I won't buy any of the figs but more power to SS if they want to make them... doesn't bother me one bit.

Well I can understand why SideShow would think of getting a WoW license. I mean it is the most successful online game in the history of its kind. Over 7 million people play online, so it does have its fanbase. Perhaps many WOW users are unaware of Sideshow, but if it was more evident, which it maybe with the passing months, we'll see that this license of their's pays off.

I wish they would just release some info on what they're gonna make in the line instead of this TBC poll :confused:

I expect there'll be some info supplied instead the box of TBC to make the general WoW public aware of these products, just like they did with the extended DVD of the Two Towers, which skyrocketed interest in the WETA line.

BURNING CRUSADE ???? THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE KRUSADE AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR...

They belong in the "Legendary Musicians" line.

Remember that one? Lots of speculation about the possibilities when we first heard about it. That has since dried up...

:monkey2

I think with a line like WoW it's main purpose may be to draw in new customers to Sideshow that weren't previously shopping there. I myself was introduced to Sideshow with the LOTR's Weta line and have since stayed to collect LOTR's, Star Wars, and Marvel. I have no interest in playing WoW and responded "no" in the poll but would definitely buy a PF or polystone statue of a really cool looking WoW character. Hopefully we see some example of what they have in mind for this line, to better understand what direction they're going with it.

I think it would have been very useful if Sideshow could have negotiated this license a little sooner so a Sideshow postcard/Ad could have been inserted into the new WoW box. At least that's what I would have tried to do. Also, I don't see an announcement or link on either the Blizzard or WorldofWarcraft websites yet. I'm sure that will help introduce Sideshow to some new people. However, I'm sure news will start filtering around on line and through the WoW community.

It a risk that SS took that is worth commending, I am glad to see them thinking outside the box - though I suppose gamer-related collectibles aren't all that new.

But I have no interest in this property myself -- I voted no as well.

Regardless of the poll results and even though I don't play, I think this will probably be a good idea/license. They just need to get word out that's all. It's still early in the process.

SOURCE

WOW Tops Eight Million
Those who care, too busy playing Warcraft to read this story.
by Hilary Goldstein at IGN.com

January 11, 2007 - World of Warcraft is the most popular MMORPG in the world. In fact, Blizzard announced today that WOW had surpassed eight million subscribers worldwide. That includes more than two million players in North America, well over three million in China and four exuberant youths in South Park, Colorado.

"We're ecstatic that the World of Warcraft community has continued to grow steadily since we launched the game," said Blizzard President Mike Morhaime. "This milestone wouldn't have been possible for us to achieve without the incredible support of our players. With the release of our expansion pack, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, coming next week, we're looking forward to welcoming more players to Azeroth and offering even more quality content for our community to enjoy."

With the first WOW expansion, The Burning Crusade, ships January 16, subscriptions should continue to rise.

surprising.
not haha.
more humiliating to sideshow,

but once the word gets out, warcraft fanswill know about it.
i mean, i wouldn't have known even by looking at the site.
once they see figures, maybe some warcraft boys will be pouncing around, i don't know

I highly doubt there is eight million individual users... more like 3 million with multiple accounts!! :lol

:google I hope they wont come all here.....8 millions new freaks...at least we could enrolled a couple in the Krusade...:D

Back