Present Toys - PT60 - Flight Officer Aliens Ripley

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news that at least some of the issues are being resolved. Seems that may be down to Virtual Devil communicating with them. He asked for the gloved hands to be replaced, but apparently they want to keep them that way in order to disguise the wrist joint. However, these are the easiest of the issues to solve with the unused hands from another figure or body.

Dean Knight gave his views on Present's Ripley prior to the announcement of the updates:

Coincidentally, Justin has a new video up from his visit to Dean. Seeing Dean's HT Alien Ripley made me think I should repose her for the first time in six years. :lol

Why can't we get licensed figures? ****ing Disney. They were probably the reason Hot Toys dropped the classic 80s franchises like hot turds because of the money train that was the MCU and now even when Disney owns half of those classic 80s franchises we still can't seem to get licensed figures from them because reasons. Even NECA's output has slowed to a trickle with just that Prey Feral Predator figure. The Alien line which had seemed to be delivering on all cylinders with likenessed characters, suddenly went completely dead without any official word of explanation.

On another note, bravo to Present Toys for working on this figure. I'd like to see the pants a bit baggier and the gloves removed (not sure why they are there?) but it's looking promising.

Present Toys are like the third party equivalent of Star Ace, and elicit about the same level of confidence. I wouldn't trust them as far as Virtual Devil could throw a Star Ace figure.

They dabble in things without properly researching them. The grenades are just as wrong as before...

https://props.steinschneider.com/pulser/grenades.htm
grenade03.jpg

grenade05.jpg

Present Toys are like the third party equivalent of Star Ace, and elicit about the same level of confidence. I wouldn't trust them as far as Virtual Devil could throw a Star Ace figure.

They dabble in things without properly researching them. The grenades are just as wrong as before...

View attachment 640097

View attachment 640098
It’s sad. Most collectors now a days have 0 standards. If someone buys this figure to make it better (mods, custom head) that’s cool, but people who think this is a good figure as is, flaws and all, and buys it just to have it, they need a new brain and new eyeballs. I’d rather have nothing than this thing.
Thankfully I have the hot toys version from the first movie, but if I didn’t I’d rather spend $1,000 to get that than settle for this.

View attachment 640097

View attachment 640098
I still think their Django and Mask figures have been their high points, the Indy figure was a decent starting point for a nice Indy too but again, a bit of extra research on their part would have made them realise that his trousers/pants were totally wrong.

They're changing the pants colors and also adjusting the color of the weapons. Hope they continue tweaking it because that sculpt needs a big redo.

ylbohci.jpg
Nice to see they're making modifications. Now if they can just modify the rest of the figure, I might actually preorder it, but as it stands, its damn rough.

I really like the fact we’re getting this figure but agreed with the execution has issues. it’s nice that they are taking feedback. We just need to get some work done on that head sculpt can’t cover this one with sunglasses to make it look better 😉 lol.

Exactly. Doesn't seem like there's a single thing on this figure that wouldn't need revising. Body proportions are just bizarre. Pants are all kinds of wrong. Not to mention the fabric on the shirt makes it look like a 1:12 softgoods figure. And Ripley pretty famously duct-taped the pulse rifle and flamethrower together for the finale.
She strapped the two weapons together by wrapping the pulse rifle shoulder sling around the barrel of the flamethrower and then duct-taping the stocks together. She also duct-taped the tracker to the top of the pulse rifle, so that she could track the watch she gave to Newt.

Last edited:
It’s sad. Most collectors now a days have 0 standards. If someone buys this figure to make it better (mods, custom head) that’s cool, but people who think this is a good figure as is, flaws and all, and buys it just to have it, they need a new brain and new eyeballs. I’d rather have nothing than this thing.
Thankfully I have the hot toys version from the first movie, but if I didn’t I’d rather spend $1,000 to get that than settle for this.
Couldn’t have said it better!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

at this price point for an unlicensed fig, they should at least get the likeness right to 80%...at least!!! Not going to buy this, if they don't improve the hs.. sorry

Back