Would you buy hot toys 89 batman stuff and do you think it could ever exist ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes :rolleyes: if these came about I would buy them. I raise my eyes to heaven because I just can't stop ordering new stuff - I'm never going to save a penny.

I'd go for Keaton '89 Batman and Returns Batman, the Batmobile, The Joker (preferably they'd just make one iconic version and spare my wallet), The Penguin, Catwoman and yeah maybe the Batwing. I wonder will Nolan's verse ever have a Batwing?

YES!
I really hope Hot Toys will eventually make a couple of 1/ 6 scale Tim Burton Batman toys (including the Batmobile).

How about a Max Shreck (Christopher Walken)?

Where have you guys been? We got a Nicholson Joker and a Keaton Batman already.

:lecture

And since its seems unlikely anyone will get this license custom is the way to go. And I think we all know that if you have a FML Joker its hard for any company to top that.

I would buy one. I would buy any Batman movie figure that was of the quality of the Hot Toys TDK figures. None of those films yielded any decent figures in their time so I am sure there a lot of Batman/Cinema fans who would welcome the chance to get some.

Why stop at 89 Batman?

I noticed someone mentioned Caesar Romero. A friend of mine called on me last night and I was showing him the Hot Toys stuff I just bought and he asked if they did an Adam West Batman. He is not a collector but if there was decent quality figures of the old TV Show I reckon he would buy them. (I know I would)

if fox gets their way with that whole Watchmen Fiasco and the old tv show gets released on DVD I sure as heck hope someone tries to get the rights to do a bunch of the old tv show characters....

nah they are not going to make this line, theres too much tdk stuff already and they wont want to saturate their brand with so many batman related figures. even if all of us on these boards e-mailed them, it wouldn't even make a dent on the amount of customers they have in total. i personally would want enterbay or someone else to do these figures and have HTs acquire more licenses

I'd definitely buy a Keaton Batman, either from the original or Returns. I hate the movies, but the suit is fantastic. Hell, sign me up for a Kilmer in the first outfit from Forever, too. I think that one's my favorite out of the first 4.

I'd never buy a Nicholson Joker. Hated him in '89, hate him more now.

I watched both Batman and Batman Returns the other night. Can't say that I think they've aged all that well as films, and I definitely prefer Bale and Ledger's versions of Batman and the Joker (both the way they look and they way they portray the character). I might be tempted by Catwoman and the Penguin, and would definitely go for Forever Robin (not a good film, great suit/look).

An 89 Batmobile would be awesome, but I don't have the space for the Tumbler, let alone that thing!

It would be a good licence to obtain even if it is a retrospective one. I love the the thought of these being made and in scale with the modern franchise stuff.

Back