Would you buy a Hot Toy's '87 He-man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ya know, looking at Leonidas, ya know what I would utterly love a figure of?

The 1987 movies version of He-man:

dolph-mr12.jpg

213901.jpg

he8.jpg

Probably not. I'd be interested to see it but not fork over the cash for it. Now if Hot Toys wanted to do 1/6 Classic MOTU characters I'd definitely pay for them.

I know you're a noob and from the .ORG so I'll go easy on you...but to be honest probably not. And I like the movie. Sorry if it seems like I am busting your balls its just that a "What if Hot Toys fill in the property name" thread pops up every day or so. But a Langella Skeletor would be cool, PF would be better I think.

I prolly would. A lot of fans hate the movie because is was based more on the very early figure comics instead of the cartoon.

It would look great I'm sure but it will never happen...
Mattel won't give up the license ever...

Never know. Hasbro let SS make GIJoe figures.

Classic as in 80's or Classics as in the currant line? Not sure how either would translate in to a Hot Toy though.

I mean classic like translating the original MOTU designs into 1:6 formats. With their muscle bodies, they could sculpt a kickass He-Man from the original look and design or even the cartoon.

HEMAN.jpg

I'd probably buy it, but wouldn't be happy about it.

I love how someone is pointing a gun at Dave's head making him buy it. :lol

The 87 MOTU movie is indeed crap but it got a lot of things right, moreso that GI Joe or Transformers has done today and I always thought that William Stout's and Mobeus's design were amazing.

Folk have to remember that budget for this film was drastically cut and the director funded the finale himself with his own money. Not sure that an excuse for a bad movie but there ya go.

I still enjoy watching it though, but then as a Masters fan, I would.

Back