Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A shot of my trinity. The 3 of them look brilliant together but they need a lot of room to set them up like this IMG_6857-Edit.jpg

All in all, it's a very nice statue. I had a few small remarks regarding the paint application and some small blemishes on mine.

Check out my review - leave a comment and let me know if you have any questions and such. :)

I'm sure SS hears "do what I want or I'll cancel my preorders" all the time. I wonder how many actually go through with it. I wouldn't consider the threat a reason to do something if I were SS. Word would get out and even more people would use it, escalating their demands as well. It's like a member here that threatened to not renew his premium membership if Dave didn't make the mods "do their jobs" and restrict the natural ebb and flow of conversation in threads and delete all posts that weren't on subject. There's a way to go about getting results but threats to a company usually aren't going to work. Some people have a level of entitlement and have to throw a fit to get their way.

Well it actually worked, and it wasn't an empty threat. The manager offered to refund all my NRDs if I wanted to cancel everything. I only wanted a small discount which I thought was fair, and they provided it.

Well it actually worked, and it wasn't an empty threat. The manager offered to refund all my NRDs if I wanted to cancel everything. I only wanted a small discount which I thought was fair, and they provided it.

Great glad to hear the agreement on both sides! It's always better to have a happy ending and this makes all us buyers to have more faith in the system of something goes wrong instead of just the simple no. Great to hear it worked out!

Glad you got your issue resolved, but I wasn't specifically talking about your situation. I've seen a few people each post more than once that they've threatened to cancel their orders if SS didn't give them what they wanted and the issues didn't warrant a threat of that magnitude IMO. Sometimes just getting to speak to a manager or even just another rep and reexplaining the situation will result in an acceptable outcome.
Unfortunately lately I've had quite a few issues with SS quality control. Most instances were resolved quickly with replacements but I couldn't get a replacement HS for my Catwoman PF. It was a wonky-eyed mess but it didn't enter my head to threaten to cancel everything because of it.

Need a bit of help here guys. I don't collect from comics myself but I have a friend who is a big fan of DC. He has a small collection of statues from the Cover Girls of the DC Universe. He has nothing from Sideshow but has had his eye on this for awhile so I'm organizing a group split to get this for his upcoming 50th birthday. I know it's the ex he wants because he likes the axe so I will have to order from Sideshow directly since my private dealer can't get exclusives. In that case since I can't get a QC inspection through my own more reliable dealer before receiving it, my question is (without having to go through pages of this thread to figure it out for myself) are there any issues I should be aware of with this one so I can give it a proper inspection when I receive it? I don't want to give him a statue with paint flaws etc. or something else I might overlook not being totally familiar with the character. It's a Sideshow piece so I have to assume there have been at least some QC issues. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Need a bit of help here guys. I don't collect from comics myself but I have a friend who is a big fan of DC. He has a small collection of statues from the Cover Girls of the DC Universe. He has nothing from Sideshow but has had his eye on this for awhile so I'm organizing a group split to get this for his upcoming 50th birthday. I know it's the ex he wants because he likes the axe so I will have to order from Sideshow directly since my private dealer can't get exclusives. In that case since I can't get a QC inspection through my own more reliable dealer before receiving it, my question is (without having to go through pages of this thread to figure it out for myself) are there any issues I should be aware of with this one so I can give it a proper inspection when I receive it? I don't want to give him a statue with paint flaws etc. or something else I might overlook not being totally familiar with the character. It's a Sideshow piece so I have to assume there have been at least some QC issues. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Common issues for this piece include broken/chipped hair, hair not fitting on the head, broken spears, hands not fitting snuggly/aligned with the arms, googly eyes, bumps in legs, pock marks in skin, sloppy paint on hands, bubbles in shield, sloppy paint on crown, foot not fitting into base, paint chips on the base...

I think these are most common. Mine for example had broken hair, a small bubble in the shield. They sent replacements for both. The new shield had duller paint than the original so it was worse off. The new hair came with an exposed metal wire and a chunk missing. They're sending me a 3rd replacement for the hair.

2nd replacement hair is on the truck for delivery today! If it doesn't work I may just send the whole damn thing back. I'm beyond irritated with SS and their lack of QC after receiving yet another defective statue (the Christopher Reeve PF).

Back