Wolverine Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadpool is great,Reynolds not so much.(i thought he was rumored for the flash)

cool news though

Yeah , iheard about the Flash deal.
That is why I do not believe the rumor.
To do it justice it would have to be a hard R rating.
Wolverine should be as well, but you don't quite have the language.

I remember first seeing this picture years ago and thinking Wolverine. Bodybuilder from the 80's Rory Liedelmeyer.

I think RR will be a good choice for Deadpool. Wise cracking and all that, he was good in B3, even though the movie was not that great. So buff and wise cracking, that Deadpool. And that's RR. Yes!!

And Josh Holloway would be a cool for Gambit and for Snake in a MGS movie!! But I think that Jensen Ackles would be a killer Gambit too!

Why the hell is Gambit in this?

If this is a prequel it throws off any timeline where he could appear in an actual future X-Men movie and not be older than everyone else. He would have to be in his 40-50's hitting on a early 20's Rogue...that's not creepy. :lol

He's not, you gotta read all the posts. We were talking about the other upcoming X-Men Origins movie: Gambit. We were all just excited, as a lot of people love Gambit.

He's not, you gotta read all the posts. We were talking about the other upcoming X-Men Origins movie: Gambit. We were all just excited, as a lot of people love Gambit.

Um...you need to read all the posts...

Karma's link goes to an article clearly stating in the headline Gambit casted for WOLVERINE movie.

Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie
Taylor Kitsch in the role
Source: Superhero Hype
Gambit Cast In Wolverine Movie
Superherohype is reporting that Taylor Kitsch (TV's Friday Night Lights) has been cast as Gambit in the forthcoming Wolverine movie, confirming months of rumours that the character will make an appearance.

Kitsch has apparently signed a three picture deal, which would suggest that Gambit, a mutant with the power to make objects explosive by charging them with kinetic energy, will play a major role, but could mean that Fox is merely hedging its bets.

It's been a long wait to see Gambit in a X-Men movie, who's been rumoured since the first film was announced. We're a little disappointed that Lost's Josh Holloway won't be playing the role, because he would have been perfect casting, but we can't wait to see him and his explosive playing cards on screen.

In other Wolverine news, Aintitcool is repeating the long circulating rumour that Ryan Reynolds will cameo in the movie as Deadpool, a lesser know smart-ass mercenary character. As we said, the story's been doing the rounds for a while, but AICN says they have it confirmed. This would be fantastic casting.

Sorry, I was told it was for a separate movie. :monkey1 lol Well, then, now I am very suspicious and might not even go see this. WTF!! This is supposed to be Wolvies Origin, Gambit was no were near alive at that time!!

Last edited:
I am thinking he might be on Team X with Creed, Logan, Wraith and maybe Maverick.

I don't like the amounts of new characters cause it takes away from them as much as from Wolverine.

Keep the characters few and the story stronger.

'WOLVERINE' MOVIE ADDS MORE STARS, HEROES
Deadpool, Gambit, and Silver Fox to play part in Wolverine’s origin epic

By Rachel Molino
Posted 2/20/2008

Twentieth Century Fox has announced the addition of three new superhero characters to the lineup of the upcoming “Wolverine” movie, including Deadpool, Gambit and teleporting mutant Wraith.

But that’s not all, Fox has already cast the heroes that will star alongside Hugh Jackman’s Logan. In a move that screams of it’s own series spin-off, fan favorite actor Ryan Reynolds is set to play fan-favorite assassin Deadpool. "Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch will sport the headband of Cajun card-charger Gambit, while The Black-Eyed Peas’ Will.I.Am will make his big-screen debut as mutant and fellow subject of the Weapon-X program John Wraith. These additions join the now confirmed casting of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth, Danny Huston (“30 Day’s of Night”) as a younger version of William Stryker, and finally, Lynn Collins (“Bug”) as Wolvie love-interest Kayla Silver Fox.

I like the idea of Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool. That's one of my son's favorite characters, and he loved him in Blade trinity.

CC

DOMINIC MONAGHAN, DANIEL HENNEY JOIN 'WOLVERINE' CAST
Playing Beak, Agent Zero respectively in 'Origins' spinoff flick

By Andy Serwin
Posted 2/22/2008

The Weapon X program gets two new members according to Variety.com, as Dominic Monaghan (Charlie on “Lost”) and newcomer Daniel Henney have joined the cast of the forthcoming “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” from 20th Century Fox.

“Wolverine” chronicles the origin story of the X-Men’s most popular member, played once again by Hugh Jackman, as he rises through the ranks of the mutant special ops program called Weapon X. Monaghan has been cast as the mutant Barnell (aka Beak), a bird-like mutant with the ability to manipulate energy, while Henney will play Agent Zero, a lethal hunter and marksman.

“Wolverine,” currently filming in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans, is directed by Gavin Hood and also stars Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am and Lynn Collins. “Wolverine” is schedule for release on May 1, 2009.

I am looking forward to this, but damn, too many new mutants being brought in.

Hopefully just rumors to through everyone off on the story.

Me too.
The story needs to be awesome and adding all the newbies in it, sounds like it will take away.

I want to see Weapon X portrayed on the screen.
There is no way they will have the time for it plus more story with Sabretooth by adding all these others in.

Plus they are getting too many known actors in it.
Liev is alright and Reynolds is Deadpool.
But Merry playing Beak.
Freakin Beak of all damn mutants.
They could have brought bak 'Crawler, but they decide to get Beak into the picture.
I hope Wolvie guts him.

I am ranting an jumping to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back