Wolverine Comiquette production blog up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The early crouching version in the blog reminds me somehow of the body language of a velociraptor from Jurassic Park. But if that version was too short to be approved, then an adjusted version is way better than none at all!

It's good to know the reason that Ray had to make some changes. It looks to me like he did a great job of capturing the version in his head and making it work within the demands of the license requirements. I definitely prefer this over the PF version, and even though the diorama is more dynamic in my opinion, there is just no contest as to which one features the superior unmasked portrait sculpt...

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of Ray's sculpt too, but it isn't really fair to compare the two heads because of the big difference in size. I cringe whenever someone posts an image of a 12-inch scale portrait blown up to 300%. That's the beauty of the life-size line, it's very fair to critique the sculpts at that scale... :naughty

It's funny but I like the diorama head better in the context of it's own statue that it belongs to. It just works better with a calm expression as he fights Sabretooth. It's like a quite determination instead of the berserker rage.

Ray's head sculpt is great for the comiquette though.

70 exclusives left by the way.

It's not just the crouching position that's different. In the prototype the arms are lower whereas in the final version they are pulled back more. I original is better.

proto does look better....like he is running in one direction and he caught a scent or heard something in another............still a great statue..............

I agree, the prototype is much better, it is more dynamic. The current version has a static look to it, a little too bowenesque. The mouth is too big IMHO, something physically off about that. I wished sideshow would allow more tweaking based on fan suggestions. Yes, every little thing can't be fixed, but there are things that can and will make a big difference. Nice statue, like it better than the bowen versions.

Myself I think I would rather have a different base, to be able to pose him with both Avengers and X-men.

Back