Wolverine Comicquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try and get one also, but didn't Bowen (?) make one like this in a very similar sculpt? Someone did, I remember the pose, maybe the arms weren't spread out as wide as SS in the back. Maybe it wasn't Bowen... :confused:

Anyone know what I'm having trouble remembering?

Polystoner said:
I'm going to try and get one also, but didn't Bowen (?) make one like this in a very similar sculpt? Someone did, I remember the pose, maybe the arms weren't spread out as wide as SS in the back. Maybe it wasn't Bowen... :confused:

Anyone know what I'm having trouble remembering?

There is no comparision quality wise as Bowens one was one of the poorer sculpts from the BD shop. There will be another Bowen version but this is going to be very hard to beat.

SSC did a fantastic job on this Wolverine. I really like it. And, even though it is not a fair comparison, I like this one much better than the Attakus version. Attakus has also made a brown suit Wolverine version, so a SSC exclusive brown suit version would not be very creative, but possible, considering the Gray Hulk (Brrrr... still leaves a foul taste in my mouth).
As far as I know, both the yellow and the brown Attakus versions where not available in the US.
I truly hope that the SSC exclusive version doesn't come with an alternate head (not again, please!). But, seeing the figure, in the pose it stands and all, I couldn't think of anything else but a brown suit. Or, a completely new statue, in exactly the same pose, but "battle damaged", with a torn suit, and scratches all over? That way, we could buy both of the versions: before and after the "healing".

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
I can confirm this, there will be no brown costume exclusive. *sighs*

Huh. Would have liked the brown a little more but I'm still ordering it.

I think he is standing too tall. He needs to be crouched over more and ready to "spring" into action, kinda like the Spiderman PF. Being a Wolverine nut, I will get it still, hope it looks better in person as far as colors.

90031_press02-001.jpg

Nice likeness of Logan. I told myself I wouldn't order this, but I broke down. It really looks great!

Really, there was no need to make this a priority preorder.

Ten minutes after the start of the PP, the page was listed as part of the site. Okay, the search wasn't working, but you could tell things were almost normal.

I bet we'll see much more frenzy over Buffy. And especially Spidey.

Spidey ought to have been the PP, but Sideshow probably knew that Wolvie needed the added exposure more than him. (And yes, his crotch is seamless.)

Ended up passing on the exclusive. Not really thrilled with the alternate head. Still like the masked version though and will probably try to pick it up later off of eBay. I have to admit that I did like the price, really wasn't expecting it to be that low.

Back