Wizard World TULSA 2016 - Oct. 21-23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen anything like that happen at a convention. A situation like that could make celebrities a bit more wary of coming here, especially considering the poor response time by security.

So they are no longer going to Tulsa for this apparently. Going to OKC next year. Guess they didn't get enough money from vendor booth rentals.

There really weren't that many vendors this year. No Hot Toys or Sideshow stuff at all and only 3 comic book sellers.

Man, I really f'ed up and forgot to check who was going... I'd originally planned on going with a few people from the board but they all had to cancel. So I just went on Sunday with the wife and kid. I really enjoyed it though, Sunday was super quite compared to last year when I went on a Saturday and my goal of getting Fonzie's autograph was acomplished in less than 30 minutes :lol

The Vendor selection was super weak though... I saw only one guy with vintage stuff. Last year there were quite a few guys with a pretty good selection. The only thing I bought was a 1:1 NECA Facehugger :lol

Dude I know. It was really backed up pretty far when we got in. Got to meet Steve Lavigne!

We got there Sunday at around 11a, we basically walked right in... much different than last year where we spent a good 45 minutes in line.

The Vendor selection was super weak though... I saw only one guy with vintage stuff. Last year there were quite a few guys with a pretty good selection. The only thing I bought was a 1:1 NECA Facehugger :lol

Was that the one for $75? I almost bought that it, but forgot to go back to the booth. :lol

I was doing so research and most of the wizard world shows are actually trending downwards regarding surplus overhead. My LCS said that they kept approaching him to have a booth at the Tulsa shows but they raised the price each year by at least $200. It started at $900 and has increased to at least $1300 for one small booth, so WW isn't making as much as most vendors can't afford that steep price.

I hope they don't skip Oklahoma in future but they are getting a little ridiculous with the prices of things.

Was that the one for $75? I almost bought that it, but forgot to go back to the booth. :lol

Yep, I talked him down to $65... :rock

I was doing so research and most of the wizard world shows are actually trending downwards regarding surplus overhead. My LCS said that they kept approaching him to have a booth at the Tulsa shows but they raised the price each year by at least $200. It started at $900 and has increased to at least $1300 for one small booth, so WW isn't making as much as most vendors can't afford that steep price.

I hope they don't skip Oklahoma in future but they are getting a little ridiculous with the prices of things.

That sucks to hear... but explains why there were less vendors; I can imagine that would be hard to make up unless you had a lot of sales.

It's a really cool piece... I saw some pictures online and thought the paintwork was pretty bad, but in person it's quite good. I figure I'll move the facehugger around my collection room to keep things interesting.

Man, I'm not going to that Tulsa comic expo anymore. It's gotten overpriced and there was ONE comic book vendor last year.

Whoa, I had no idea. The first one was great. Mainly due to Doug Jones.

On a side note when shall we have a Oklahoma Collectors Meet & Greet? lol

Back