Will the Darth Maul PF have a polystone body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Premium Format 1:4 Scale Darth Maul figure captures all the menace and feline ferocity of the powerful Sith Lord. The Darth Maul figure measures over 18 inches tall, standing atop an environmental display base reminiscent of the palace hangar on Naboo. Every detail of Maul's costume has been reproduced in true 1:4 scale, including his detailed belt and double-bladed lightsaber. Darth Maul's lightsaber blades feature red LED light (battery-powered). The Premium Format Darth Maul figure is the most dynamic and most faithful reproduction of Maul to date - don't miss this chance to get yours! (Batteries not Included)

NO MENTION OF POLYSTONE IN THERE !!!!:horror

WELL BOBA WEIGHT 12 LBS AND THIS ONE 15 LBS....THERE IS STILL HOPE...

Shai Hulud said:
The Premium Format 1:4 Scale Darth Maul figure captures all the menace and feline ferocity of the powerful Sith Lord. The Darth Maul figure measures over 18 inches tall, standing atop an environmental display base reminiscent of the palace hangar on Naboo. Every detail of Maul's costume has been reproduced in true 1:4 scale, including his detailed belt and double-bladed lightsaber. Darth Maul's lightsaber blades feature red LED light (battery-powered). The Premium Format Darth Maul figure is the most dynamic and most faithful reproduction of Maul to date - don't miss this chance to get yours! (Batteries not Included)

NO MENTION OF POLYSTONE IN THERE !!!!:horror

Shai, that's very scarey indeed as Boba is the only other piece that doesn't mention what material it's made of.

I really hope someone can answer this question quickly.

hairlesswookiee said:
very true.... i might cancel this if its not made of polystone.

Same here. This could determine whether I continue collecting SS SW PF's or not. Can't believe we haven't gotten an answer yet.

They might not have an answer yet. It's only been a few weeks since he went up for preorder. We don't know exactly when they made their final decision about Fett, but it might have taken longer than the amount of time that has passed so far with Maul. The last thing they are going to do is come in here and post that he will definitely be polystone, and then turn around later and say, "Oops! We were wrong." They will tell us when they have a definite answer and they might not have that yet.

Just a thought...

:eek:

tomandshell said:
They might not have an answer yet. It's only been a few weeks since he went up for preorder. We don't know exactly when they made their final decision about Fett, but it might have taken longer than the amount of time that has passed so far with Maul. The last thing they are going to do is come in here and post that he will definitely be polystone, and then turn around later and say, "Oops! We were wrong." They will tell us when they have a definite answer and they might not have that yet.

Just a thought...

:eek:

I'm not saying your wrong, but how is Maul different from any other non-armored PF? I have no idea what there excuse would be to have him not be polystone. Hell, even the bust is polystone.

I bet they are waiting to announce their new cancellation fee policy before announcing Maul will be made of ABS :monkey3

I hope at least if they make Darth Mauls head in plastic they add a little whistle so when you squeeze it it makes a sound.:rotfl

DetroitSportsFan said:
So what if Maul is plastic?

It will save us a few bucks in shipping! :chew

A lot of people are more concerned with getting a PF figure made from polystone than they are worried about $5-$10 in shipping.

But I can see where international customers will appreciate it, but do they think its worth the change from polystone to plastic/ABS??

Given the over-reaction to Fett, I could understand if they make no comment either way.

Darth Loki said:
I'm not saying your wrong, but how is Maul different from any other non-armored PF? I have no idea what there excuse would be to have him not be polystone. Hell, even the bust is polystone.

I bet they are waiting to announce their new cancellation fee policy before announcing Maul will be made of ABS :monkey3

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

I have no problem being told I'm wrong here--I'm totally talking out of my butt in this case. I have no idea, I'm just making a guess. I would assume that since he is a much more standard figure that he will have a polystone body.

But it also wouldn't surprise me if they totally avoid listing specific materials on product pages in the future to lessen controversy if changes are made.

Darklord Dave said:
Given the over-reaction to Fett, I could understand if they make no comment either way.

But if it were made of polystone, what's the harm is saying so? The fact that the Maul page doesn't list it as a polystone piece and that no one from SS has said anything about this is very worrysome.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'm not interested in a piece only offered to a selected crowd.

Hmm, I agree this with GG exclusives but with Sideshow it was not the same actually. as you can still buy the same statue if not the additional exc item.

BTW, I never understand how can I get on waitlist for maul
I presume it is because my boba fett is on order

gambit said:
Hmm, I agree this with GG exclusives but with Sideshow it was not the same actually. as you can still buy the same statue if not the additional exc item.

BTW, I never understand how can I get on waitlist for maul
I presume it is because my boba fett is on order

Hmm...

You shouldn't be having that problem. I would try again--it should be open to everyone.

In fact, during the last few minutes before it sold out, Maul was being offered to all newsletter subscribers, not just previous PF customers, so in the end there were first time buyers who got an order in before he sold out.

Darth Loki said:

New cancellation fee? First I'm hearing about it. I hope you're not pulling our chains. That would be downright wrong!

:confused:

Back