Will the Darth Maul PF have a polystone body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kodiak8658 said:
New cancellation fee? First I'm hearing about it. I hope you're not pulling our chains. That would be downright wrong!

:confused:

Stop freaking out people. I was only joking. To my knowledge SS has no plans to start a cancellation fee.

Darklord Dave said:
Given the over-reaction to Fett, I could understand if they make no comment either way.

I'd have to agree.

Honestly if it is great. If not great. I care what it looks like more than anything.

tomandshell said:
In fact, during the last few minutes before it sold out, Maul was being offered to all newsletter subscribers, not just previous PF customers, so in the end there were first time buyers who got an order in before he sold out.

I did not know that

I got on the wait list for exc and I hope it will get converted,

I do not collect all SW PF statues but maul is a keeper for me

but then again, I really do not want him to be made of plastic

MisterToyNYC said:
Geez, here we go again. Why would PF Darth Maul be any different that the other PF figures?

Eric

Isnt that the same question we are asking about Fett?

tomandshell said:
They might not have an answer yet. It's only been a few weeks since he went up for preorder. We don't know exactly when they made their final decision about Fett, but it might have taken longer than the amount of time that has passed so far with Maul. The last thing they are going to do is come in here and post that he will definitely be polystone, and then turn around later and say, "Oops! We were wrong." They will tell us when they have a definite answer and they might not have that yet.

Just a thought...

:eek:

If they don't have a definite answer yet, that is all the reply they need. Any info would be great.

Titan7170 said:
I hope at least if they make Darth Mauls head in plastic they add a little whistle so when you squeeze it it makes a sound.:rotfl

:rotfl

Darklord Dave said:
Given the over-reaction to Fett, I could understand if they make no comment either way.

To me, that would be a HUGE cop-out. Given many of the over-positive-reactions to many of their products, SS should be able to roll with some not so positive ones. Their are some legitimate complaints and questions. I started this thread so that those of us with these complaints and questions can get an answer to avoid being "surprised" like w/ Boba. Consider it a lesson learned by not paying attention to what was written in the description for Boba. This way, we will all know in advance and can hopefully avoid and future "over-reaction's."

Darth Loki said:
But if it were made of polystone, what's the harm is saying so? The fact that the Maul page doesn't list it as a polystone piece and that no one from SS has said anything about this is very worrysome.

It is to me too. Collectors collect for many different reasons. For me, it's having a visually stunning piece made from the best possible materials.

BadMoon said:
I always thought that the PF meant Plastic Figure. So it doesn't bother me. :D

:lol

I'm hoping SS does reply whether or not Maul's body will be polystone or not. To not do so would be worse.

I'm sure it will. I think Fett was a one time thing honestly. Even if it was this format isn't called Polystone Format. :)

I don't know if Fett is a one time thing or not, I'm certain we'll see it again with Jango, and I think the storm or clone troopers might be done that way. But I don't see why Maul would be plastic.

Guys would you really like if the Darkness PF was ABS or even the Hulk? I'm all for ensuring the armour on Fett survives but enough is enough.

tomandshell said:
They might not have an answer yet. It's only been a few weeks since he went up for preorder. We don't know exactly when they made their final decision about Fett, but it might have taken longer than the amount of time that has passed so far with Maul. The last thing they are going to do is come in here and post that he will definitely be polystone, and then turn around later and say, "Oops! We were wrong." They will tell us when they have a definite answer and they might not have that yet.

Just a thought...

:eek:

If recent history is any indication I'm sure they let us know a couple of weeks before they start shipping them out :D

If they can make 9500 Saurons out of polystone I don't see why they can't make 4000 Mauls the same way. It's not like they have a lot of different pieces that have to take shrinkage into account.

Agent0028 said:
I don't know if Fett is a one time thing or not, I'm certain we'll see it again with Jango, and I think the storm or clone troopers might be done that way. But I don't see why Maul would be plastic.

I wouldn't be so alarmed this time, they actually said that they used abs with Boba to actually represent him the best way... so as Darth Maul is an unarmored character I do think and wish and hope and surely guess:D Maul will have a Polystone body as all other previous Premium Format Figures.

Darklord Dave said:
It's not like they have a lot of different pieces that have to take shrinkage into account.

Hahaha, you said shrinkage.

"I was in the pool! I was in the pool!!!" - George Costanza

Back