Will Hot Toys do Prequel figures? Would you buy them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sticking to ot but wouldn't be able to resist anakin (preferredly a two pack) from ep3. Probably ep3 obi

Jango and republic commandos. - the whole blinking squad and a white one as well!

Would love this with alternate head (yellow eyes) and cloak.
1*Nf1pjFi7arfKrX7OsCnqgA.jpeg

and also Maul with a cloak.

ROTS Anakin
ROTS Kenobi
Count Dooku
Robot Legs/Clone Wars Maul
Cad Bane
Commander Cody
Captain Rex
Delta Squad (Hot Toys PLEASE)
AOTC Padme
Jango Fett
Zam Wessel
Windu
Grievous
Bail Organa?
Plo Koon
Aayla Secura

Yeah, I actually really like the prequels, especially ROTS. Clone Wars series was great too, if we count that in this.

Most of the prequel figures I'd want would pretty much all be from ROTS. Dark side Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious and Yoda would be instant buys. I'd seriously consider AOTC Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme from the arena.

Wouldn't want a single one. And considering HT haven't even made all the OT figures and not all TFA figure I doubt we will see any anytime soon.

RotS is one of my favorite SW films, so I'd have interest in just a RotS Anakin and Obi Wan to recreate the climactic lightsaber duel. Nothing else, and an AotC Anakin and Obi Wan won't do. :lol

Would perhaps have mild interest in a Qui Gon, but probably wouldn't get it unless for a discounted price.

I'm sitting here scrolling through all the lists, and it never occurred to me just how much I want a Geonosis Padme figure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Zero chance of them making such a film.
There's been talking about it and McGregor wants to do it so I wouldn't be so sure about zero chance. Obi-Wan is a popular character and most agree that he's the best part of the prequels. I can easily see him getting an anthology film at some point.

There's been talking about it and McGregor wants to do it so I wouldn't be so sure about zero chance. Obi-Wan is a popular character and most agree that he's the best part of the prequels. I can easily see him getting an anthology film at some point.

I really don't see a solo Obi Wan film happening. I think it's safe to say that his greatest escapades and adventures was when he and Anakin were a duo and there's not much to tell about him I don't think between RotS and ANH. That's a gap that I don't think needs to be filled in regarding Obi Wan. He was one of the last two remaining Jedi being hunted down by The Empire, so I really don't think he could have done anything worthwhile that would have brought attention to him. Tattooine was a perfect hiding place for both he and Luke, knowing that it was a planet Vader wouldn't be too eager to visit because of the pain it brought him.

I think it'll happen with Disney in charge of Star Wars. I'm inclined to believe that any popular character they can work a film out of they will. I think there would be enough material to work with to make an Obi-Wan film. Even if it's something smaller scale set on Tatooine only.

With RO and upcoming Ep VIII I don't know if they will any time soon. If they did, I'd be interested in:
Anakin Ep I, II, III (Jedi & Sith)
Padme (Queen, Geonosis)
Obi-Wan Ep I, II, III
Qui-Gon
Mace Windu Ep II
Yoda Ep III
Darth Maul
Jango
Dooku
Palpatine Ep I, III
Senate Guard
Aayla Secura
Maybe they could subcontract the Prequel license out to a third-party company like Blitzway.

Nice choices, interesting to see so many people wanting an Ep 2 or 3 Anakin - I thought everyone hated Haydn Christiansen? But AOTC Anakin would be cool with a flying bike.

Qui-Gon's one of the few characters I like from the PT, Neeson had some dreadful lines to deliver but the character doesn't seem to have any kind of backstory so he's got an air of mystery that makes him compelling (does anyone know of an EU backstory for him?).

Qui-Gon's one of the few characters I like from the PT, Neeson had some dreadful lines to deliver but the character doesn't seem to have any kind of backstory so he's got an air of mystery that makes him compelling (does anyone know of an EU backstory for him?).
Well one awesome tidbit is that he was the padawan of Dooku, and Jinn had a lover of his own at one point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I have zero interest in anything prequel-related, and one would have to assume that HT feels the same way. With The Force Awakens and now Rogue One offering up a host of new characters that appear to have resonated across pop culture generally, I'd imagine that prequel interest will be confined to hardcore fans. The OT vibe is the focus of the moment, and I'm not sure Disney/Lucasfilm would care to license anything that would undercut their forward, albeit vintage, focus. With a new SW film every year, HT will have its hands full catering to demand for new characters, and coordinating their releases to achieve maximum synergy with each new promotional cycle.

Episode 2 or 3 McGregor Obi-Wan or bust. Nothing else is necessary. Then, perhaps, bring me a Qui-Gon with a knock out headsculpt and I'll entertain the thought.

Nice choices, interesting to see so many people wanting an Ep 2 or 3 Anakin - I thought everyone hated Haydn Christiansen? But AOTC Anakin would be cool with a flying bike.

People recognize he's not a great actor but most still like the character and who he was supposed to be in the prequels. I'm a huge Vader fan and so as up and down as the prequels were in quality, I'm still a fan of Anakin to a large degree. I think a lot of people are in that boat.

Back